Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh right so there was no code on your door? **** me, this does look like a case for Sherlock & Watson!

It sounds like ghosts to me.

I do hope nobody from here gave the password to the other clan though, thatd be pretty dickish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thats how I feel when I feel Play Rust! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thats how I feel when I feel Play Rust! :pac:

Only that it take 70+ hits to break a door :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

KFC's finest nom!

AtkBcWs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

My turn to log in to death in the middle of nowhere. Goodbye kevlar, bolt action and m4. :( Suicided into my room and nothing is missing that i noticed though except 52 rounds of 556 ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Gaunty wrote: »
    My turn to log in to death in the middle of nowhere. Goodbye kevlar, bolt action and m4. :( Suicided into my room and nothing is missing that i noticed though except 52 rounds of 556 ammo.

Shame about that. Had you nothing researched ?

If you have 2 research kits then you can use one to research the other and just craft them as needed.

Just this minute i returned from collecting and someone was walking about our base upstairs in the rooms. I heard them outside as i got to front door. When i ran upstairs the movement stopped and no-one was there. Guys either the admins are trolling us or they are helping their friends. Simple as that.

While i was logged in a fully loaded m4 went walkies from my chest after i heard the guy walking around upstairs. Guys, i'm done on that server.

EDIT - I wouldn't mind but i deliberately put that loaded m4 in my room before i went out as i didnt want to lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

While i was logged in a fully loaded m4 went walkies from my chest after i heard the guy walking around upstairs. Guys, i'm done on that server.

Come in to our Server if you want,We admin it so this stuff wont happen.

85.236.109.36:29515

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Come in to our Server if you want,We admin it so this stuff wont happen.

85.236.109.36:29515

I hope i'm not seeming ungrateful for the offer col. But whats the average pop on your server? Cos we were on a boardsies server before and it was just us.

• Advertisement

EDIT - I wouldn't mind but i deliberately put that loaded m4 in my room before i went out as i didnt want to lose it.

So someone is definitely fecking with us and most likely admin as he is one of the players on server too...

What's our plan lads? Getting sick of this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

I'm on now trying to get answer on who's online when Gaunty was online but admins are either not there or just don't wanna answer.

I am also fed up of this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I doubt that it's the admins. They honestly seem like they are trying to run a good server but there is definitely something fishy going on.

I doubt that it's the admins. They honestly seem like they are trying to run a good server but there is definitely something fishy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah, whoever it is, keeps nicking all our ammo.... i lost like 100+ rounds of each ammo plus m4's etc yesterday.

Also, i dont know if the guys told you. But when we went to get a airdrop yesterday I saw a speed hacker running from the crate as i came up to it. He had looted everything and shot off like a bullet. There are obviously a few cheaters on the server and the random **** disappearing from our stashes is a bit of a joke at this stage. Kind of put off from playing on that server for now as we are obviously getting targeted.

Guess we need to find a new server with decent settings. That said I'm guessing most populated servers are going to have cheaters.

Guess we need to find a new server with decent settings. That said I'm guessing most populated servers are going to have cheaters.

am looking at the facepunch studio forum about the new anti cheat

I just LOVE this post

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1362475&p=43871856&viewfull=1#post43871856

Yup, I also got very pissed off on this server last night and suggested leaving regardless of all the effort we have put into our base and all the items we got. No point in having Fort Knox and someone being able to glitch inside! It's going to be tough finding a server that has the right mix of what we want in terms of Oxide/mods etc, population and no cheating/admin abuse.

I'd be interested in your server above but is there a decent gen. pop. on your server, does it be at 0 at any point of the day?

If we do decide to leave the server, everyone log on to our server and leave a message in chat or PM the admins by typing /Adminhelp <message> and say we're leaving the server because of cheaters/hackers. We're a good chunk of that server's permanent population and this might open their eyes a bit more. They wouldn't even implement the new cheatpunch over oxide.

Guys, it's a wild shot here,but do we got all bedrooms accounted? Maybe we got some little **** inside our base sleeping, who logs in, trashes the place and runs off in to one of the bedrooms and we don't even notice.

How much server rent is anyway? In the age of PayPal and ****, couldn't we all chip in anger our own? It won't sort out hacker problem, but we would have a lot more control over situation and could take action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I haven't been on to check my room but will check it later. If renting a server is affordable enough I don't mind chipping in.

I dont mind renting server aswell but will we get enought people to play it?

Guys, it's a wild shot here,but do we got all bedrooms accounted? Maybe we got some little **** inside our base sleeping, who logs in, trashes the place and runs off in to one of the bedrooms and we don't even notice.

How much server rent is anyway? In the age of PayPal and ****, couldn't we all chip in anger our own? It won't sort out hacker problem, but we would have a lot more control over situation and could take action.

Nah it's not someone inside our base because it happens in both wooden house and new metal house and all rooms that it happens in have separate locked doors too so it's definitely hackers.

Regards renting our own server, that's not a problem. I wanted to rent my own for ages but the problem with that is getting people to join, we'd probably be the only ones on it :/

All my stuff is still there, that said I put most of my good gear in hidden cache's around the place.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nah it's not someone inside our base because it happens in both wooden house and new metal house and all rooms that it happens in have separate locked doors too so it's definitely hackers.

Regards renting our own server, that's not a problem. I wanted to rent my own for ages but the problem with that is getting people to join, we'd probably be the only ones on it :/

So hackers for sure... **** that... I want to play rust, but I can hardly get myself in to that server again just to get robbed over night again..

As for out own server: surely there are bigger forums we could post it and advertise it as neutral server with rare c4 and we will get lots of people. We are not the only ones who likes c4 rare. We just don't need to advertise it as irish etc.

How much is it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

So hackers for sure... **** that... I want to play rust, but I can hardly get myself in to that server again just to get robbed over night again..

As for out own server: surely there are bigger forums we could post it and advertise it as neutral server with rare c4 and we will get lots of people. We are not the only ones who likes c4 rare. We just don't need to advertise it as irish etc.

How much is it anyway?

I'd be down for that, but the thing is, if it's your own server, it might get boring as essentially, you have all the power! *Insert mwahahahaha here

for a 150 slot it costs about €25 a month for rust. Less for lower players.

That's not bad at all!

When I was thinking of renting my own server a couple of weeks ago I done a lot of investigating about it. Found a good host that ticks all the boxes, all the mods like oxide and Rust++ are easily implemented with their user control panel. A 100 slot server which is more than enough, 50 seems like the perfect max amount from playing on our server but 100 just to have the extra space is nice costs €17.60 with these guys per month with a free 5 slot Teamspeak. Add a couple of euro more for up to 30/40 user teamspeak server too.

If you guys decide you want to get our own server I'll go along and rent one later? Up to ye.

• Advertisement

If the general consensus is to get our own then ill go in on it.

Advertisement