Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

brianblaze wrote: »
    I'd be down for that, but the thing is, if it's your own server, it might get boring as essentially, you have all the power! *Insert mwahahahaha here

Well, me hating creative mode in minecraft would explain a lot why I would not use mod powers.
    I love to earn my own stuff, when it is all handed to you - its feck all fun for me. Yatzees minecraft video explains it perfectly:

150 for 25eu is feck all. I think that we should take only 100 size server. It looks better for others ( some people don't want to play on smaller servers even if they never fill up, psychologic thing ) and more then that is a waste and cluster****.

So what, about 20eu per month so? 6 or 7 of us here. All chip in 6-10 EU and get it for 3 months, so we would not need hunt down people each month and blackmail for 3eu...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'll throw fifty quid into the jar for the server as well, for 3 months or until we get sick of it. (Seeing as I can only play 1-2 hours every few nights I'd imagine I won't get tired of it for a while!)

And be tried talking to admins on that server? Any update on issue and are they Williams ng even do anything about it? This whole hacking **** put me off even logging in...

If we do go out own server way, then Magil is not allowed even near admin console!!! He is a bastard enough already!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

And be tried talking to admins on that server? Any update on issue and are they Williams ng even do anything about it? This whole hacking **** put me off even logging in...

If we do go out own server way, then Magil is not allowed even near admin console!!! He is a bastard enough already!!! :pac:

Lol.

I'd be willing to Admin the **** out of that, I'm on most it seems anyway :P

Nolars was too but he's been slacking in recent days ;)

I don't think we should go 3 months at first, we could buy 1 month just in case we have any problems with provider. If near end of month 1 we had no problems we can easily extend it by another 3 months without having to start from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Alright well if people want to try our own server then I'm all for it and willing to chip in but it seems a waste. There must be another server that ticks the boxes for us.

On another note, your old woodbase seems to have been raided last night. Stairs all over the shop and a hole blown into the side up top.

• Advertisement

Cork is getting hammered... Electricity just gone... Nice one...

BKtje wrote: »
    Alright well if people want to try our own server then I'm all for it and willing to chip in but it seems a waste. There must be another server that ticks the boxes for us.

On another note, your old woodbase seems to have been raided last night. Stairs all over the shop and a hole blown into the side up top.

I think it's definitely the best thing if we all advertise it as much as possible. Once you get a decent permanent population on it, more people tend to join.

Did it lol. Well at least with it being raided, we know HOW stuff went missing :P
    Cork is getting hammered... Electricity just gone... Nice one...

I think you're looking for the weather forum ;) jk lol. Pretty rough in Waterford too but think ye guys are taking the best of the battering for us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

1. I doubt we're being hacked. If someone was hacking into our base then we'd all be dead and everything would've been gone a long time ago. If anything i'd say its a bug that's causing stuff to disappear.

2. I'm open to creating our own Server.. But my only worry is getting enough people to play. There's currently loads of Servers with nobody in them. Also I think moving to a different Server because of hackers is pointless.. Hackers will be on every Server that we can't admin.

I'd suggest we find out what's causing the ammo/guns to disappear before we leave a very good Server.

Wait what? Our base was raided too? All **** gone?! When?!

I had all my **** in wooden base too. I was not in last night to get in to metal base. :(

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents on the topic.

1. I doubt we're being hacked. If someone was hacking into our base then we'd all be dead and everything would've been gone a long time ago. If anything i'd say its a bug that's causing stuff to disappear.

2. I'm open to creating our own Server.. But my only worry is getting enough people to play. There's currently loads of Servers with nobody in them. Also I think moving to a different Server because of hackers is pointless.. Hackers will be on every Server that we can't admin.

I'd suggest we find out what's causing the ammo/guns to disappear before we leave a very good Server.

It's a very specific bug in that case so that just takes the best stuff. Very selective bug :P

I do think it's hackers. You can subscribe to hacks on artificialaiming.net and such and get access to full radar which has boxes around every person on the map, and shows what's inside crates in houses. Aimbot. Even remote kill people. They also have on their master package (most expensive one) hacks for taking stuff from crates through walls and teleporting.

We seen speed hackers on that server yesterday, Gaunty heard someone on roof of metal base or upstairs at 4/5am when no one else was online. My valuable stuff missing from crates in both houses. Some of us logging on to find we have been killed and our stuff taken whilst we slept in a secure base with no evidence of breaking in.

So yeah, I think it's more than just a bug. Definitely hackers in my eyes anyway.

That server will be fully wiped in 2 weeks again anyway, even sooner if new updates are released like last week. So I have no problem leaving it. I know we spent a good few man hours creating our bases and researching stuff but what's the point when they're not even able to keep our stuff safe or us safe while we sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

the new anti cheat came online 4 days ago in offical servers and thats when I first got trouble with hackers they simply moved to a server without anti cheat

if we only could get the admins to activate the anti-cheat

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think you're looking for the weather forum ;) jk lol. Pretty rough in Waterford too but think ye guys are taking the best of the battering for us :P
    It's sunny here in Switzerland. It almost feels like Spring :p

Apparently the reason all the hackers are coming here is because the new anti cheat is keeping them away from the official servers for the moment. However Oxide is not compatible with the anti cheat so the admins don't want to use it.

Should we just move to one of the official servers then? Oxide is what makes the c4 rare (and all the other cool stuff) so we'll have the same problem on our own server as soon as we get any kind of population on it.

Did you guys go raiding last night? A load of people just logged on with holes blown in their houses and all their stuff stolen. There some rage :)

Anyway they be blaming "McGill" and his gang and they going to work together to raid him and his mates base :p

Currently they trying to find explosives though so they can craft c4 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'd say that unless you have a new angle if you rent a server it'll end up like 99% of the other servers out there that remain empty.

I find the best servers tend to have 24/7 admins, good selection of plugins (e.g. auto-location) but as well as that a good way to communicate to the players either via a blog or twitter.

There are 2771 modded servers and only 200 have more than 2 players on them atm.

Ponster wrote: »
    I'd say that unless you have a new angle if you rent a server it'll end up like 99% of the other servers out there that remain empty.

I find the best servers tend to have 24/7 admins, good selection of plugins (e.g. auto-location) but as well as that a good way to communicate to the players either via a blog or twitter.

There are 2771 modded servers and only 200 have more than 2 players on them atm.

Pretty much this ^
    For us to get a server going and have more than 15 people playing would be a challenge.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Pretty much this ^
    For us to get a server going and have more than 15 people playing would be a challenge.

I agree and am aware of that but the servers that have a good population now started from 0 too. When we're all on there's about 8 of us or so, plan smartly and be on the time other servers are wiped as well as as much as we currently are. It's worth a shot anyway, €12 or so for a 50 slot server for 1 month and you can upgrade to 100 and extend anytime you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Hello peoples! I'm a Rust Noob..

Just joined last night. I'm sure BLOBBY has told you about my arrival so here I am! Greetings!

Still no electricity!!!! :( looks like half of town is out... God bless, I was lucky enough to fully charge my ps vita, before going to work today. The only thing keeping me sane!!! Mobile phone isdown to 50% charge too. :(
    I hope I won't be having a romantic evening with Pamela Handerson in candle light tonight...

I want to play rust! Working microwave would be great too! :pac:

This is what a noob sees when he plays Rust for the first time :D

Still no electricity!!!! :( looks like half of town is out... God bless, I was lucky enough to fully charge my ps vita, before going to work today. The only thing keeping me sane!!! Mobile phone isdown to 50% charge too. :(
    I hope I won't be having a romantic evening with Pamela Handerson in candle light tonight...

I want to play rust! Working microwave would be great too! :pac:

You've played Rust for over 30 hours.. You now have the skills to survive in the wilderness.

First kill a Bear and then strip it for Chicken,leather and Fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Did you guys go raiding last night? A load of people just logged on with holes blown in their houses and all their stuff stolen. There some rage :)

Anyway they be blaming "McGill" and his gang and they going to work together to raid him and his mates base :p

Currently they trying to find explosives though so they can craft c4 :D

LOL ! Thats the one thing i'll miss about the server if we leave. I was like Jesse James of rustified.eu ! Even had a bounty on my head lol. Classic.

About getting our own server, im up for that, just secured my first job after graduating so i can throw a few quid towards it etc. I'll be on later if people want to talk about it.

Think Misty and I just started a war...

Just as I log on... **** :pac:

****ing MISTY!!!???? lol

Sorry was running out the door and didn't notice haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

That was a fun 30 minutes of madness! Ha

We seen a guy speedwalking and flying on our server. Managed to get his name before killing him. Not before Lintoh got a screencap of him flying tho! Reported him to admins and they banned him.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    We seen a guy speedwalking and flying on our server. Managed to get his name before killing him. Not before Lintoh got a screencap of him flying tho! Reported him to admins and they banned him.

In fairness, my spirits raised up after this. We will see how much **** will be gone after tonight... I doubt it was the only hacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

well guys we got raided.... with C4 this time I logged in while they where coming back and chased 1 dude off and I put put a metal wall so its secure again

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227492733 he killed me and buggerd off

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227492671 and these guys were online when I logged in

• Advertisement

Good honest raiding is what we like to see :D

Advertisement