Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Unless they got miskys room i don't think there's much for them to get lol ! I had nothing worth taking anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

Miskys room is still intact

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So how many rooms they raided? What's the damage lads?

4 rooms if I remb correclty

Lintoh wrote: »
    4 rooms if I remb correclty

So pretty much all of them..... How many fecking c4 they had?!?!

• Advertisement

So my bedroom completely cleaned out... Everything gone. they got in from outside and through the top door. So they had about 20-30 C4 so?

I guess we are bums again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

So how much resources would you need to create that much C4? Sounds like they had this plan long in the making!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

metal wall is 3-5 and each door is 2 so depending on how many doors then 15 I guess. Did they get any c4 from your place that they might have used?

If I'm on and you guys need anything then just ask. Have a fair bit of leather armour and some weapons I can give you.
    Boards Special: Everything must go, one day only! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So my bedroom completely cleaned out... Everything gone. they got in from outside and through the top door. So they had about 20-30 C4 so?

I guess we are bums again...

Really? Well I have ****loads of guns and armour to give you if you want them (if they're not gone from me)

no my 2 C4 was hidden away and still there, and metal door in metal doorway is 3 charges

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221289771

• Advertisement

If Misky's room is ok then mine might be also. I have two M4's in there for folks who want them when I'm on (if everything is ok).

I think it would be great if you could create traps in this down the line. Booby trap the whole base!

Finally able to make explosives so the bomb making factory has begun but I've just run out of charcoal for gunpowder. Time to build a load of fires and collect wood. Haha :)

Should have enough c4 for a small raid later if anyone is game :D

BKtje wrote: »
    Finally able to make explosives so the bomb making factory has begun but I've just run out of charcoal for gunpowder. Time to build a load of fires and collect wood. Haha :)

Should have enough c4 for a small raid later if anyone is game :D

lol nice. You should have seen us last night, we were literally like a bomb making factory. Came back from using 4 C4 on a house and straight into emptying our pockets of loot and making more C4. Made 7 C4 in the space of 10 minutes lol. Lost 3 of them last night tho when I got shot in the head and insta-killed by some guy 12 storeys up in his tower who shot me from up there and through a wooden gate. Aimbot much :P

I sieged them out for a while after and killed them 5-6 times at the top of their tower before running home and logging off.

I will still give out house A- rating. It wont be too hard to improve it, considering how much C4 they needed to break in in to that.

1. Seal off our top floor as planed with no access from roof. so the only way to get in: through the wall or first ground floor.
    2. Alot ALOT more doors in hallways. More C4 wasted - less C4 for bedrooms.
    3. Tasty fashionable spikes next to walls.

If we complete all this I am pretty sure it will be a ton **** of C4 even get near our bedroom unless they will want to use 8 C4 on Metal Walls directly for 1x1 tile of bedroom.

I will still give out house A- rating. It wont be too hard to improve it, considering how much C4 they needed to break in in to that.

1. Seal off our top floor as planed with no access from roof. so the only way to get in: through the wall or first ground floor.
    2. Alot ALOT more doors in hallways. More C4 wasted - less C4 for bedrooms.
    3. Tasty fashionable spikes next to walls.

If we complete all this I am pretty sure it will be a ton **** of C4 even get near our bedroom unless they will want to use 8 C4 on Metal Walls directly for 1x1 tile of bedroom.

Yeah I agree. I have spare metal doors but as you seen from first hand experience. When people raid houses, they don't come through halls or through doors. They come straight in through the walls in to the bedrooms lol.

We'll get the roof sealed off today anyway as planned. I have spare wood, we'll see if we can maybe put down wood foundations in a rectangle/square around our house to place the spike walls on so they don't decay.

Ill be back in about 1h and will start everything from a scratch again. we need to focus on improving the house for tonight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've been cleaned out :mad:

So c4 is stackable...I thought it wasn't. :D

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I've been cleaned out :mad:

So every single one bedroom got cleaned out after all? Nothing saved?

• Advertisement

So every single one bedroom got cleaned out after all? Nothing saved?

Everything in the metal base looks to be gone.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Everything in the metal base looks to be gone.

Right, they had some stupid amount of c4 so. This thing makes me Wonder then if metal bases are even worth the hassle and resources if metal doorway and door takes same amount of c4 charges. By building metal base it looks like we making it easier for them.
    I think next time we just build 3x3 tower to jaysus crist himself and pillars around to the same high too like we sow those two bases,last night. Keep **** spread all over the place.

This way the only way in is through ground floor. As we sow already it still takes stupid amount of charges to break in. When you got 10 floors, it's even worse.

Inst Miskys door still intact?

I'll check my room later if stuff is gone.

Perhaps we can create dummy floors and fill them with dummy stuff like Large Wooden Containers with nothing in them. That way anyone trying to break in via the top will think there is stuff below (wasting C4).

Also maybe reinforcing storage rooms and normal rooms with more metal doors? (creating a wall of metal doors?) Like having two layers of metal for them to blast through? Might cost more resources to do but could ultimately save more stuff.

Yeah my room is intact. I think it was Shadow, Nolars and Blobby's room that were blown in. How did they get in Shadow, through the metal wall in the hall was it?

Came trou a wall on the floor above main bedrooms, there is tower outside that i blocked off

Checked my room there, it's fine so a few supplies there anyway.

So this is supposedly the full size of the Rust map when the full game is complete:
    (black lines around the current area of the map we have in Alpha, if you look closely, you can see a feint line inside that box which is the current road.

8MdIT2Z.png

NICE!

Though they could do a bit more interesting terrain? Maybe different types of Biomes?

Any clues what will be next patch about?

Will anyone be on tonight for Rust lads?

• Advertisement

Will anyone be on tonight for Rust lads?

ME!!!

I've made a battle plan against those lads in the tower :cool:

Advertisement