Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I heard that they fixed all the hacks and stuff today, banned close to 1k people. Anyone playing confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 69Conor69

Was only on for an hour or so today, but can't say that I've noticed much hacking at all. But then ours is a fairly small population server anyway.

Patch notes indicated it was primarily a bug-fix patch - Hope you're right though.

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Your average day in rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Stay away from the official servers, on top of hacking (dunno what it's like now since the new patch) and dodgy lag it's pretty much kill on sight with marauding gangs shooting new spawns. Quite tough if you're on your own or new to the game.

I tend to stay on small enough population servers between 20-40 people, even then it can be hard to get a good one as there's a lot out there with admins who abuse their power like noclipping into houses and raiding them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

69Conor69 wrote: »
    Irish / EU server here folks:

IP: 85.236.109.2
    Port: 28715

Cheers. Just joined !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pretty much the community :pac:

Some asshole killed myself and the brother, new spawns, as we were laying down our foundation. He then put pillars in the middle of them to stop us from putting stairs on them.

After a few hours when we geared up, we found him and staked out his house. Brother acted as a decoy to lure him out, which he took the bait, and I then ran up behind him and shot him in his smarmy face.

He respawned instantly in a small hut right beside me but his measly rock just meant another peppering of lead in his gob.

The great thing was his body was full to the brim of goodies like armor, guns, tons of wood / food / metal, first aid, etc. We also put pillars on the foundations to the extension of his pretty big house.

The plan tonight is to build over his house and claim it :pac:

Teach him to kill a new spawn....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Was on boards server there for a while, only 4 on but hopefully be a few more around over the weekend. Good game, not certain how long it will remain interesting for but certainly a lot better than the DayZ alpha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Think I'll pick this up later today and will join the boards server :)

Keeping an eye on this thread, as I would trust the opinions of people on here more than anywhere else, so if it seems like it's getting better then I'll purchase the game!

• Advertisement

Keeping an eye on this thread, as I would trust the opinions of people on here more than anywhere else, so if it seems like it's getting better then I'll purchase the game!

It's pretty good but as ever when games come out in alpha or early release you end up becoming doing a lot of what there is to do very quickly. IMO Minecraft alpha had a lot more things to do/craft and there was more things to interact with which meant that you were always finding new things as new items were being added to the build.
    I hope that it'll be the same with Rust.

It's more the Community I'd be concerned about rather than the game itself. From what's been said here one of the larger problems is the people that play on it- the hackers or griefers, if you will.

It's more the Community I'd be concerned about rather than the game itself. From what's been said here one of the larger problems is the people that play on it- the hackers or griefers, if you will.

I reckon that as new patches come out the hacking will be linited if not removed completely as more and more things get moved to server-side control and not client maybe? Having spent an age playing Dayz I'm not overly worried about griefing. Seeing as it's possible to break into other peoples stuff and houses I'll play with the idea that everyone is a griefer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Right won't be jumping on this tonight but should be giving it a go this week at some point. Have to go to work in an hour or two and want to give this a proper go for my first go ;)

Wonderful video for new players trying to locate where they are in the Rust world.

Not very many on the boards server today, a lot of stuff around the place with buildings half finished or blown open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Most I've seen on it was around 6-7 people roughly. Ususally during the evening.

Ya not really enough to get any kind of PVP going.

Its more pve with a hint of pvp as every player I have ran into has been kind, Its just a nice change from normal rust servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Started playing this today, but dont see the point.

I had built myself a secure little base, metal doors etc.
    Had myself a nice stash built up and logged off for 5 mins inside my secure building.

When I logged back in, I was on the other side of the map, without any of my gear.
    I was killed by a bear, respawned back inside the still secure building (all doors and walls intact), but most of mystash was gone...

Tricky enough to get by worrying about raiders and wildlife without worrying that you'll lose progress by logging off...

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    Tricky enough to get by worrying about raiders and wildlife without worrying that you'll lose progress by logging off...

If you play on the official servers then all of your stuff gets wiped every couple of weeks anyhow. I haven't experienced that bug you described though.

Did you have a sleeping bag? You can be killed while offline as you sleep when you are offline and you spawn at where you have placed a sleeping bag.

It is an Aplha do bugs are expected but I haven't seen any like that. If you die twice within 4 mins you can't respawn at your camp.

Also not sure if everyone knows but timber walls despawn after 5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Think i'll get this tonight. If there isn't many on the boards server is there another that guys on here mainly play on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

I've given up on this. My well earned stash was raided and I was put back to Stone Age:/ (JED, Multiplay Uk-friendly/admin) Ping:177....anyone care to take him out?

Like all these games you have to embrace death and loosing your stash, it's part of the game really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Villain wrote: »
    Like all these games you have to embrace death and loosing your stash, it's part of the game really

Oh I agree by all means, this guy however does not play fair. Less than 10 hits he had my door down, took 2 shotgun shells to the face and still took me out with 2 melee hits. He's a contributor to that server and has messed it up completely. I was warned when joining the server about him, and his response was "I now pay for this server so I'll do as I please" before kicking me permanently. Some amount of douches on it in these early Alpha days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

killanena wrote: »
    Did you have a sleeping bag? You can be killed while offline as you sleep when you are offline and you spawn at where you have placed a sleeping bag.

Had a sleeping bag and a house built with a metal door.

I went back in to the server and committed suicide, this time i respawned back at my sleeping bag.
    House was in tact, door securely locked, but for some reason half of my stash was gone...

Seems like it was an odd bug, looking at the steam boards I'm not the only one it's happened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

EazyD wrote: »
    I was warned when joining the server about him, and his response was "I now pay for this server so I'll do as I please" before kicking me permanently.

Its been a while since I played this type of game but does it not strike you as odd that your complaining about a dick of a admin on a server, when you were warned the server has a dick of a admin?

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Also not sure if everyone knows but timber walls despawn after 5 days!

Opening and closing the door will reset the counter. After 4 days when the decay sets in you can repair the walls/structure if you have the wood or metal required.

Advertisement