Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

All they need to do now is fix the hacking which is slowly ruining the game.

I say NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nolars wrote: »
    All they need to do now is fix the hacking which is slowly ruining the game.

I was going to ask, i thought they patched/fixed the hacking? I'm waiting until it's properly sorted before buying...

I was going to ask, i thought they patched/fixed the hacking? I'm waiting until it's properly sorted before buying...

Well they developed there own anti-cheating software its still only in the early stages and needs to be improved. But at least they are working on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's a server-side option but I doubt that 100% of hacking will ever be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

There are very few games 100% hack free, even less that are still in alpha. On their trello they have more security fixes planned for the next patch.

Let me know what the plan is, i don't want to start rebuilding my base only to jump servers 24 hrs later so I'll abstain till a decision is made :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

and those with oxide mode still waits for an stable oxside before upgrading to anti-cheat

So the German server is still without anti cheat?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "I've never in my life played a game that gets me shaking as bad as this game. It is 100% adrenaline/panic attack once the **** starts to go down. From the moment you hear the pitter patter of feet outside your home. My hands shake and get all sweaty. Little bit of tunnel vision. And I fumble with the buttons like a complete jackass. My mind starts to race. "It's just a game!" I tell myself, but its no use. Why does this game do this and no other. People talk about battlefield getting their adrenaline going but it just never happens for me. Rust is a drug. I've played so much since I bought the game, I actually heard an airplane in real life go overhead and immediately thought airdrop!"

From /r/PlayRust

I agree with this 100% :D
    Thats what I just said in Building and upgrading forums to someone who insulted Rust! :pac:
    Rust is amazing, plain and simple. For a game, that is only 10% done and in alpha - it's already more of a game then most triple A shiete out there. I played in total of 60h of bf4 since launch, 10h of ghost. 75h of Rust in less then 10 days.
    Rust is like Eve online. It's a game for people who find their own adventure and fun in games, if you want to be lead and get your hand holden then you should feck off right away.
    Thanks to Rust I discovered a fantastic bunch of lads from boards.ie that now I want to play even more stuff together. In rust we had so many epic unscripted moments that had our hearts racing, adrenaline explosions and over all huge satisfaction. Feck, one of our epic adventures did not even had a single kill after a fire fight, but it was mad and fun night that no one expected. Once I even spared 2 newbie life's and helped them out, I could have killed them in few seconds if I wanted, but I didn't. Ability not to kill and have an actual social situation in gaming made me rediscover love in games. That is more then any titanball will ever achieve with multimillion budget.
    These days I prefer a,game where you might kill one person in 10 hours, then have another stupid mindless mass murdering meaningless multilayer match.

BKtje wrote: »

Yea I think so neway. Well they all have VAC, some wont use cheatpunch till it gets more stable as its only out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

yeah I asked admins this morning told they still w8ed for a stable oxide before upgrading

Lintoh wrote: »
    yeah I asked admins this morning told they still w8ed for a stable oxide before upgrading

I dunno why they want a stupid Oxide mod that you don't really need I thought a anti-cheat software would be a no.1 priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

They just need to implement better admin tools and some logging features. You will never stop people from making new cheats. Some things that i reckon could help admin against cheaters.

- Server side player movement log. This could be used to spot anyone teleporting/speed hacking.
    - Player kill/death log
    - Storage Box log - Like in world of warcraft and other mmo's

zach_bank_withdraw_002.jpg

You're never really going to beable to expose aimbotters and wallhackers in a game like Rust unless they have a replay feature or something.. wouldn't really work in this type of game. But even just those 3 things would help so much with running a good server.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

I have also got the rust addiction. Bit of a kick in the teeth building what i thought was a pretty damn good base design and then stuff just vanishing especially when there is just two of us to collect everything. Just took a trip over to what i assume is your base near rad town. I dont get the wall defense. Are corner pillars not needed aswell as centre pillars to stop them building the barricade/pillar trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mrdata. wrote: »
    I dont get the wall defense.

Neither did we... It was all Misky's idea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Magill wrote: »
    You're never really going to beable to expose aimbotters and wallhackers in a game like Rust unless they have a replay feature or something.. wouldn't really work in this type of game. But even just those 3 things would help so much with running a good server.

The German server does have a spectate feature for moderators to use, so that's something. You're going to find hackers on every server really.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Neither did we... It was all Misky's idea :pac:

:pac:

Well if you lose oxide you lose rare c4, craft timers, min pop air drops and all the things that we like about that server so i can understand in a way but if we can't play anyway cos of hacks then what's the point. Here hoping oxide update is released soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The idea of the wall is to make it as hard as possible to get into our base. Similar idea to having spike walls surrounding the base.

I am still not sure what we going to do lads. I know for sure that I am off rust for last few hours and I an already looking for a fix, Like a junkie heroin. Though whatever we do - I don't want coming back to that cheating **** server.

There is cheating problem but I don't think it is that bad everywhere. That server gounty on looks grand so far. I don't mindgetting in to it as a group.
    If you lads find better, I am in anyway.
    Magil, you still sticking with us or you backstabing us like Gounty did and will play with your friends? :pac: I don't see why we can't play all together. The more of us, the stronger we are.

Our own server sounds great too and we would be able to monitor hackers a lot better. Just need to know are we all on it. It does not mean that all boardsies have to be in one group in it too. In German server we had at least 3 groups which was class too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

LADS!!!!

We've been raided!!!!
    Everything is gone! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Magil, you still sticking with us or you backstabing us like Gounty did and will play with your friends? :pac: I don't see why we can't play all together. The more of us, the stronger we are.

I didn't backstab. I just didn't want to keep playing on a server where i would grind for hours getting stuff and then wake up and it's gone. :( Some of my Planetside 2 outfit mates that i have been playing with for the last year just started playing then in the last week on the server i am now on so i said i'd try with them. Everytime i log in i still have my stuff and the admins are active. I'm still convinced that the admins on the last server had more of a hand in stuff going missing than they let on.

Gaunty wrote: »
    I didn't backstab. I just didn't want to keep playing on a server where i would grind for hours getting stuff and then wake up and it's gone. :( Some of my Planetside 2 outfit mates that i have been playing with for the last year just started playing then in the last week on the server i am now on so i said i'd try with them. Everytime i log in i still have my stuff and the admins are active. I'm still convinced that the admins on the last server had more of a hand in stuff going missing than they let on.

I more inclined to agree with you about admin. Most likely it was them fecking with us as they were the ones always attacking us. So when they could not legitimately raid us, they would just clean up with admin tools.

Anyway, what's the story so, where we going for our rust fix?

I more inclined to agree with you about admin. Most likely it was them fecking with us as they were the ones always attacking us. So when they could not legitimately raid us, they would just clean up with admin tools.

Anyway, what's the story so, where we going for our rust fix?

What's the ip for gauntys server? I need my fix of theme architecture.

I also think Admins had something to do with it. From what research I've done about glitching & hacking there is no current way of hacking inside houses or stealing stuff through walls. There used to be, but a patch fixed that a while back. The only way is for the Admins to teleport inside our house assuming they can do that. Bastards!

What's the ip for gauntys server? I need my fix of theme architecture.

[UK] Wiped 09/02 PvP / Sleepers | Door Share

net.connect 212.38.163.123:29415

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I also think Admins had something to do with it. From what research I've done about glitching & hacking there is no current way of hacking inside houses or stealing stuff through walls. There used to be, but a patch fixed that a while back. The only way is for the Admins to teleport inside our house assuming they can do that. Bastards!

It's free nny too how stealing began again after we did a door share instead off passwords too. I bet they can just walk in as it's their own houses as admins etc.

I was thinking more about our own server and if more boards.ie on it work out.
    Damn, even if we will wait for population to get bigger, we could split in to teams of 2 or pure ffa between boarsies, until we get more randomness and then unite in to a fist of boarsies fist!

Damn, even if we will wait for population to get bigger, we could split in to teams of 2 or pure ffa between boarsies, until we get more randomness and then unite in to a fist of boarsies fist!

ha that sounds kind of fun actually :P

• Advertisement

It's free nny too how stealing began again after we did a door share instead off passwords too. I bet they can just walk in as it's their own houses as admins etc.

I was thinking more about our own server and if more boards.ie on it work out.

Or use the lads server and all build around small rad town or sumtin and have a ffa.

Advertisement