Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

A small Monday morning update for you guys, getting it out of the way in the hope of bigger things later on this week.

fixed unicode not working in name tooltips
    fixed people using colours in name tooltips
    removed ‘hatchet to gather’ tooltips
    added whitelist servers
    fixed broken explosives
    fixed being killed by harvesting resources

The whitelist system is as simple as we could make it. If a server assigns itself to a Steam Group you need to be in that group to join it. Whitelist servers that you can join will show up in the whitelist tab on the server browser. We won’t ever show servers you can’t join (in both the normal tabs and the whitelist tabs).

Server owners can make their server a whitelist by doing something like this in their config file:

server.steamgroup 103582791429523489
    Servers will need to be restarted before you can join them. If you can’t find your favourite server on the server list it’s because it hasn’t updated yet.

http://playrust.com/17th-feb-update/

I was wondering why there was only 200 servers up this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Speaking as a casual Rust player, (IE my missus won't allow me play too much!) I think we get the server, get it populated (reddit, boards, gaellords etc), then split the more dedicated member base into two factions. Randomly drawn. We give the factions a day to set up a baser etc with no fighting, then we give one of the factions an 'artifact' or something, and the other faction has to get it. The longer the other faction can keep it, the better etc.

We could have 'events' where everyone has to be online at a certain time for a fight etc, might be a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

In the mean time Nolars and I have "commandered" a house on Gaunty's server near Big Rad.

Dunno if we each going to build our own or build a big shared one but the area is fairly devoid of other big structures and decent resources nearby.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Small update.

A small Monday morning update for you guys, getting it out of the way in the hope of bigger things later on this week.

added whitelist servers
    fixed broken explosives

The whitelist system is as simple as we could make it. If a server assigns itself to a Steam Group you need to be in that group to join it. Whitelist servers that you can join will show up in the whitelist tab on the server browser. We won’t ever show servers you can’t join (in both the normal tabs and the whitelist tabs).

Server owners can make their server a whitelist by doing something like this in their config file:

Servers will need to be restarted before you can join them. If you can’t find your favourite server on the server list it’s because it hasn’t updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nolars wrote: »

added whitelist servers
    fixed broken explosives

I was wondering why there was only 200 servers up this morning.
    Ponster wrote: »
    Small update.

added whitelist servers
    fixed broken explosives

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lol

The other post wasn't there when I opened the thread this morning and I didn't refresh before posting :)

Ponster wrote: »
    lol

The other post wasn't there when I opened the thread this morning and I didn't refresh before posting :)

Tut tut. Jk lol.

It's good to see them actively updating this game. I only bought it around 2 weeks ago and have 100 hours+ already, for a game that cost just €18.99 that's incredible value! Looking forward to what they have planned for Beta & Full release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am done with my walk, I'll jump in to shower, throw in some dead animal in to my mouth and join you on Gounties server. I vote for one base lads, seeing as population is more then heavy on that server, we won't stand a chance alone as new small fishes.

we won't stand a chance alone as new small fishes.

I must have missed a major patch... Rust has changed it's core game design?

bass-masters-classic-usa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

Didnt a guy in this thread have a server? Conor or something? Kind of hard to get started on this german server on my own. I'm Glitch btw.

Or is everyone on this one now?
    net.connect 212.38.163.123:29415

• Advertisement

JoeFitz wrote: »
    Didnt a guy in this thread have a server?

There was but servers require active admins and either Rust++ or Oxide mods which the Irish server had neither. It may be better now though as I've not been on it in a while.

JoeFitz wrote: »
    Didnt a guy in this thread have a server? Conor or something? Kind of hard to get started on this german server on my own. I'm Glitch btw.

Or is everyone on this one now?

yea come hop on TS few of us on now.

I wonder how our base did. I know it most likely raided, but I wonder how well it stood.

After I was,gone I was constantly thinking about our base. My **** ups and how improve it. At one stage I wanted to jump out out of bed, run to pc and shout out: lads, **** do can you do this before going to be or we will all die!!!!!
    If I would have done that misses,most likely would have my balls as a,keychain...

So who ever get on will you give us status report, even in pm if needed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

well then I can happily say that the base has not been raided and all walls are up ofc they could have blown a hole and put a wall back but everything is here :D

Lintoh wrote: »
    well then I can happily say that the base has not been raided and all walls are up ofc they could have blown a hole and put a wall back but everything is here :D

Well that's good to hear. We will have a lot of work to do again today! I got sort of idea to do that fast traveling down idea too.
    This game really starting to become a problem lol. I go to sleep thinking of building techniques and I get ****ed up rust dreams now too lol.

Did we find more Kevlar or an m4 yet? Can we make explosives?

EDIT: Nevermind I've seen for myself. To who belong those two houses that have sprung up next to ours? One wood and one metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Have peeps migrated to a new server or still on the German one?

The missus is off doing a gig down the country tomorrow so all night Rust... here I come. Non stop being lost/ eaten by bears! (Living the Dream!)

BKtje wrote: »
    Did we find more Kevlar or an m4 yet? Can we make explosives?

EDIT: Nevermind I've seen for myself. To who belong those two houses that have sprung up next to ours? One wood and one metal.

Yes, I found explosives last night and researched them and charges now and I also left the 2 explosives in the armoury room box for someone else to research them.
    Cravez wrote: »
    Have peeps migrated to a new server or still on the German one?

We've migrated to a new server:

[UK] Wiped 09/02 PvP / Sleepers | Door Share

Only on it 1 day and we've already got a major base established but we still are small time dogs compared to some of the MASSIVE bases I seen around the map last night including a something like 4x5 metal base 15 storeys high surrounded by an equally high wooden wall all around :eek: :P
    brianblaze wrote: »
    The missus is off doing a gig down the country tomorrow so all night Rust... here I come. Non stop being lost/ eaten by bears! (Living the Dream!)

Lol nice one. What's the name of her band if she's in one? :)

Well that's good to hear. We will have a lot of work to do again today! I got sort of idea to do that fast traveling down idea too.
    This game really starting to become a problem lol. I go to sleep thinking of building techniques and I get ****ed up rust dreams now too lol.

I know haha, it's seriously a ****ing addiction.

We'll have to go to something like this but for Rust :P

Btw I placed a serious amount of pillars around our house and pretty high last night before logging out so hope that helped :D

• Advertisement

So i walked out of our house, went 100m and died by some guy called Kira. Sigh. I hate our new neighbours.

Lol nice one. What's the name of her band if she's in one?

She's a Cellist! All classical music and sh*t!

Are neighbours bases big? Or they were new like us? Something tells me we will have to do some clean up!

Big wooden base, bigger than ours and a metal one the same size as ours more or less.

Big wooden base, bigger than ours and a metal one the same size as ours more or less.

Popped up that quick huh? Hope there's no Admin corruption on this server.

Them guys that attacked us 3 or 4 times last night I found out where they live. They also have a big ass base and right beside it is that giant ass metal house with an equally big wooden wall around it.

I just hope everything built is genuine and no glitching or corruption is involved.

So they are not new at all so. Agresive too. Not good for us at all. Though it could make them look a lot more yummy then us for raiding .

Well one of our neighbours in the wooden house gave Lintoh some stuff. I think he had built elsewhere before and was raided so rebuilt his house.

With pillars and stuff ours is larger but his popped up very quick. That said at least two live in there. He gave Lintoh a bit of a tour of his base :rolleyes:

Just FYI, I've set up "shop" in an external room on the second floor that was empty. I just like having my own space, you'll know it 's mine as I put barricades against the outer walls ;)

Well one of our neighbours in the wooden house gave Lintoh some stuff. I think he had built elsewhere before and was raided so rebuilt his house.

With pillars and stuff ours is larger but his popped up very quick. That said at least two live in there. He gave Lintoh a bit of a tour of his base :rolleyes:

Just FYI, I've set up "shop" in an external room on the second floor that was empty. I just like having my own space, you'll know it 's mine as I put barricades against the outer walls ;)

Don't you be fecking tainting my communistic house order!

So we are friendly with that woden house? It might work out good for us to have an ally. Only 2 of them is even better. We are still bigger then them.

I am just back from work and will get some rest. Will be on later to get some work dome on house again.

Dunno if friendly is the right word, cease fire for the moment.

• Advertisement

We are in a set of peace talks at the moment, tensions are tight, to farm a wrong piece of rock outside our camp radius could mean swift and drastic action from the enemy forces.

Advertisement