Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nolars wrote: »
    We are in a set of peace talks at the moment, tensions are tight, to farm a wrong piece of rock outside our camp radius could mean swift and drastic action from the enemy forces.

They are 2 and raided. Moved in to our sandbox. They better fecking play nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Or how about we just **** them up? (when we're ALL on) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ask them how they like der eggs in the morning.

The reply is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Morrisseyyy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yes, I found explosives last night and researched them and charges now and I also left the 2 explosives in the armoury room box for someone else to research them.

We've migrated to a new server:

[UK] Wiped 09/02 PvP / Sleepers | Door Share

net.connect 212.38.163.123:29415

Only on it 1 day and we've already got a major base established but we still are small time dogs compared to some of the MASSIVE bases I seen around the map last night including a something like 4x5 metal base 15 storeys high surrounded by an equally high wooden wall all around :eek: :P

Lol nice one. What's the name of her band if she's in one? :)

You guys looking for more lads to play with? I'm friends with Joe Fitz/Glitch, ingame name is Morrisseyy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

I'm on just now whoevers in the base. (Glitch)

• Advertisement

JoeFitz wrote: »
    I'm on just now whoevers in the base. (Glitch)
    You guys looking for more lads to play with? I'm friends with Joe Fitz/Glitch, ingame name is Morrisseyy

Ye just hop on TS whenever you are on and looking to play, usually 1 or 2 people on at any one time looking for backup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I don't need no stinking backup (but can always use someone to carry my weapons back to base when I die :p )

Well **** this ****, I am pissed as ****. So much that cant even play rust now.

We have issue in rented house with dampness and whole bedroom is destroyed with black ****. Landlord finally got the hang of owner. Owner, who inherited house from father and lives in Australia for 20 years, was like: I did not expected putting that much money in to house ( drylining it to fix problem ), in 20 years house never had dampness issues ( me - :rolleyes: ), I might just sell the house so.
    Leaving us in ****ing Limbo now again as we moved in here 6 months ago. And we not sure WTF will happen now. **** me I hate people sometimes. :mad:

Sorry for off topic lads, but I needed to vent a bit. I dont know if I will be on much tonight as Landlord coming over to chat tonight and I am generally pissed and not in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

**** that sucks shadow. I guess you'll have 6 months to find new place before rental agreement runs its course (it's one year minimum?)?

BKtje wrote: »
    **** that sucks shadow. I guess you'll have 6 months to find new place before rental agreement runs its course (it's one year minimum?)?

Aye, got 1 year contract. If needed I will push him to **** with it. I pissed as **** as we only moved in here after having issues with old house ( wanted to charge me 100eu extra rent, because my buddy stayed 2-4 nights per week for 2 months due to course in my town :rolleyes: ), looking for another house again when we settled in here nicely again is really doing a thing on my tits. :mad:
    Its not 100% sure yet whats going to happen, but now even if it will be sorted and we stay I it will be always a case of owner being a turd and have a brain fart later down the line.

I will see how it will go and might jump in later on, if I wont be on, we will need to get few more stories up for better protection of our ****. As for new neighours - we will need to weed them out. their base getting a bit too big for my comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Well **** this ****, I am pissed as ****. So much that cant even play rust now.

We have issue in rented house with dampness and whole bedroom is destroyed with black ****. Landlord finally got the hang of owner. Owner, who inherited house from father and lives in Australia for 20 years, was like: I did not expected putting that much money in to house ( drylining it to fix problem ), in 20 years house never had dampness issues ( me - :rolleyes: ), I might just sell the house so.
    Leaving us in ****ing Limbo now again as we moved in here 6 months ago. And we not sure WTF will happen now. **** me I hate people sometimes. :mad:

Sorry for off topic lads, but I needed to vent a bit. I dont know if I will be on much tonight as Landlord coming over to chat tonight and I am generally pissed and not in the mood.

Had that in a house before, was a nightmare. $hitty landlord didn't help either. We got a dehumidifier in and scraped it off the walls etc, but house had no insulation in spots, so it came back. I feel your pain!

Realistically, it's very bad for you to breathe in that crap. I'd say to the landlord that you'll go if they give you your deposit back. Find somewhere better mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

So wait, this thing is actually great and well worth the money despite only being in early Alpha?

Cina wrote: »
    So wait, this thing is actually great and well worth the money despite only being in early Alpha?

Look at the hours from all of us on here on average its about 90 hrs pp, haha its great TBH.

Cina wrote: »

It depends what you mean "Great" in your Video game taste.

If you like running around and score 20 killstreaks in 2 minutes or just looking for a shooter - Not great

For me, it is a super serious GOTY for 2014 and there was **** all good in 2013 so I can already give it Goty 2013. :pac:

Its a game where you find your own entertainment and Fun.
    Its not going to hold your hand, now and then it will Kick you in the nuts just for ****s and giggles. You will lose all your **** that you might have worked for 5 days, just because a neighbour in the next Valley decided to have fun and see how sturdy your Crib is.
    In 8 hours time you might just have 1 firefight, but that firefight will have your adrenaline pumping out of your nose and arse. Your heart beat will be higher then the first time you had a ****. You will be excited like a dog on a trip to park. Sometimes you will just flip your table and say "**** this game". Why? Because all the **** that you fight with or the house you defend did not spawned magicly, you worked your arse off gathering materials, you bashed some poor fellas head with a rock and stole his wood to make that lovely door. Or you using M4, which knows that you are its 10th owner and 100% you are not the last one.

Its a fantastic game already at only 10% which is a just a perfect social experiment on human kind. experiment is not ended yet, but clearly we are the biggest assholes in animal kingdom. Saying that, its not for everyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Look at the hours from all of us on here on average its about 90 hrs pp, haha its great TBH.

Ahhh, I think I have a slight lead on Vile :)

FEtA7b5.png

Found this clip, dunno what happened to the one of me killing BLOBBY :D
    A good auld look back at the good old days. (about 2 weeks ago) :)

Gaunty prays to the gods the c4 will work, it fails. Bit of banter. Shooting some bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It depends what you mean "Great" in your Video game taste.

If you like running around and score 20 killstreaks in 2 minutes or just looking for a shooter - Not great

For me, it is a super serious GOTY for 2014 and there was **** all good in 2013 so I can already give it Goty 2013. :pac:

Its a game where you find your own entertainment and Fun.
    Its not going to hold your hand, now and then it will Kick you in the nuts just for ****s and giggles. You will lose all your **** that you might have worked for 5 days, just because a neighbour in the next Valley decided to have fun and see how sturdy your Crib is.
    In 8 hours time you might just have 1 firefight, but that firefight will have your adrenaline pumping out of your nose and arse. Your heart beat will be higher then the first time you had a ****. You will be excited like a dog on a trip to park. Sometimes you will just flip your table and say "**** this game". Why? Because all the **** that you fight with or the house you defend did not spawned magicly, you worked your arse off gathering materials, you bashed some poor fellas head with a rock and stole his wood to make that lovely door. Or you using M4, which knows that you are its 10th owner and 100% you are not the last one.

Its a fantastic game already at only 10% which is a just a perfect social experiment on human kind. experiment is not ended yet, but clearly we are the biggest assholes in animal kingdom. Saying that, its not for everyone.

Sounds rubbish, pass.

I jest, sounds mental, and no, I'm definitely not a killstreak person, I was beyond underwhelmed with Titanfall for example, it's just CoD with robots! Might give it a go soon seeing as you guys seem to have a dedicated server going on.

Everyone fecked off tonight early, still be up?

Those two bastards starting to get really annoying. they chased me and Briand to base. Things is, we need to find where their main base is as thats just some troll tower they got there.
    I have not seen our neighbours all day. Makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Whens Misky back? We will need to get some Boom! done.

Those two bastards starting to get really annoying. they chased me and Briand to base. Things is, we need to find where their main base is as thats just some troll tower they got there.

I'm done with this game. I'm moving to something more relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'll be on after 10pm.

• Advertisement

I'm done with this game. I'm moving to something more relaxing.

Huh?

TommyLeeJonesNotSureIfSerious_zpsb2fec297.jpg

Huh?

The crops aren't going to harvest themselves BHHHhhOY!

Things is, we need to find where their main base is

I know EXACTLY where their main base is. It's pretty large. There's about 5 of them in it, maybe more. We'll get 'round to raiding them at some stage don't you worry!

I know EXACTLY where their main base is. It's pretty large. There's about 5 of them in it, maybe more. We'll get 'round to raiding them at some stage don't you worry!

Well, we will need to do something about them soon as they will be all over our asses soon. When you are back in a crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

So, logged on, it was night time... I waged a brave war against the darkness, but I did not prevail. No mater how many times I shot the sky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone on?

Taken from Reddit:

I just tested explosives with the new patch and the damage is consistent. Positioning of the charge and the side of the wall isn't important anymore.

The charge will deal always 600 damage, which leads to the following table:

Object Hit Points Charges
    Wood Shelter 1000 2
    Wood Door 500 1
    Metal Door 1000 2
    Wood Wall 1000 2
    Metal Wall 2000 4
    Wood Window 1000 2
    Metal Window 2000 4
    Metal Window Bars infinite infinite

When opening a window, don't place it at the bars, only minimal damage will reach the window frame. If placed on the window frame though, it'll blow up like a wall. On every other building part the placement isn't important anymore.

//EDIT: btw. a F1 grenade placed in the center of a wall (on top of a large wood storage) can deal > 100 damage. To save resources you could blow a metal wall with 3 c4 charges and 2 grenades (3 grenades if the placement isn't perfect).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

Taken from Reddit:

I just tested explosives with the new patch and the damage is consistent. Positioning of the charge and the side of the wall isn't important anymore.

The charge will deal always 600 damage, which leads to the following table:

Object Hit Points Charges
    Wood Shelter 1000 2
    Wood Door 500 1
    Metal Door 1000 2
    Wood Wall 1000 2
    Metal Wall 2000 4
    Wood Window 1000 2
    Metal Window 2000 4
    Metal Window Bars infinite infinite

When opening a window, don't place it at the bars, only minimal damage will reach the window frame. If placed on the window frame though, it'll blow up like a wall. On every other building part the placement isn't important anymore.

//EDIT: btw. a F1 grenade placed in the center of a wall (on top of a large wood storage) can deal > 100 damage. To save resources you could blow a metal wall with 3 c4 charges and 2 grenades (3 grenades if the placement isn't perfect).

Surely a metal base is worth it now?

JoeFitz wrote: »
    Surely a metal base is worth it now?

Aye, probably :cool:

• Advertisement

Feck so me and BLOBBY just died beside our base after raiding, I died to a bolt action 1 bullet headshot so stupid. Then they hunted down BLOBBY like a wild bore. We had some Kev and m4 from a guy in the base and all. :(

Advertisement