Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

Steam is down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

JoeFitz wrote: »
    Steam is down :(

Indeed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Whats that server like? Myself and a mate joined another one after leaving that german server but it doesnt seem to have a great population.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nolars wrote: »
    Feck so me and BLOBBY just died beside our base after raiding, I died to a bolt action 1 bullet headshot so stupid. Then they hunted down BLOBBY like a wild bore. We had some Kev and m4 from a guy in the base and all. :(

Did you died after you raided someone or they raided our base? Would that be our beloved neighbours?

I am working now, but then off till Monday again, so I will be on tonight until late. We will be able to **** people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'll be online for far too long tonight I think.... Mwahahahaha

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Taken from Reddit:

I just tested explosives with the new patch and the damage is consistent. Positioning of the charge and the side of the wall isn't important anymore.

The charge will deal always 600 damage, which leads to the following table:

Object Hit Points Charges
    Wood Shelter 1000 2
    Wood Door 500 1
    Metal Door 1000 2
    Wood Wall 1000 2
    Metal Wall 2000 4
    Wood Window 1000 2
    Metal Window 2000 4
    Metal Window Bars infinite infinite

When opening a window, don't place it at the bars, only minimal damage will reach the window frame. If placed on the window frame though, it'll blow up like a wall. On every other building part the placement isn't important anymore.

//EDIT: btw. a F1 grenade placed in the center of a wall (on top of a large wood storage) can deal > 100 damage. To save resources you could blow a metal wall with 3 c4 charges and 2 grenades (3 grenades if the placement isn't perfect).

That is amazing patch. Just one issue before I declare metal bases good - how many c4 to break through metal doorway with metal door? If it's 2 again, then metal base is still shiete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Not really ****e seeing as the amount of doors in our place :p

That said not great either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That is amazing patch. Just one issue before I declare metal bases good - how many c4 to break through metal doorway with metal door? If it's 2 again, then metal base is still shiete.

It takes 3 apparently which is quite a bit! So with a metal base with a metal door it would take at least 3 c4 to get in through the front door. By theory if you were to build a metal base with 2 metal doors before you get into near the rest of the rooms, that would mean 6 c4 wasted already! Then have all the rooms divided up with their own metal doors. Place would be like a fortress :D Biggest mistake we made on German server with metal base is putting bedrooms and loot rooms by outside walls. Just asking for trouble by doing that :P

Here's another handy one to bookmark for future reference:
    Rust Destruction Table

Nevermind, don't think it's updated with new patch changes. :/

It takes 3 apparently which is quite a bit! So with a metal base with a metal door it would take at least 3 c4 to get in through the front door. By theory if you were to build a metal base with 2 metal doors before you get into near the rest of the rooms, that would mean 6 c4 wasted already! Then have all the rooms divided up with their own metal doors. Place would be like a fortress :D Biggest mistake we made on German server with metal base is putting bedrooms and loot rooms by outside walls. Just asking for trouble by doing that :P

Apparently or definitely? 3 c4 is good, 2 c4 - ****. The house we have with "cluster**** " building method works great so far for defence. I am always thinking of how to make more efficient with less door downtime base. If metal walls take 4 and metal doorways take 3, then I think I could pull off and efficient fast traveling base with good defence.

• Advertisement

Apparently or definitely? 3 c4 is good, 2 c4 - ****. The house we have with "cluster**** " building method works great so far for defence. I am always thinking of how to make more efficient with less door downtime base. If metal walls take 4 and metal doorways take 3, then I think I could pull off and efficient fast traveling base with good defence.

There's an easy way of finding out. The server I joined before is just PVP only, admin gives you anything you want. Just make a prototype base and try blow it down. See how many C4 it takes. I'll try it next time I'm on :cool:

There's an easy way of finding out. The server I joined before is just PVP only, admin gives you anything you want. Just make a prototype base and try blow it down. See how many C4 it takes. I'll try it next time I'm on :cool:

Me and magil had found creative servers with PvP off. So you can just use console commands to get stuff to build bases and spawn c4 too. Will need to find that server again and mess around.

When does that patch coming though? I really want it. Having consistent numbers on explosion damage is a huge improvement.

I just got back from work, will get some rest and jump to rust later. Misky, you will be on or you still your misses pet for tonight?

Me and magil had found creative servers with PvP off. So you can just use console commands to get stuff to build bases and spawn c4 too. Will need to find that server again and mess around.

When does that patch coming though? I really want it. Having consistent numbers on explosion damage is a huge improvement.

I just got back from work, will get some rest and jump to rust later. Misky, you will be on or you still your misses pet for tonight?

Yeah, find that server again and get experimenting! I think it's already come through in one of the last patches.

Ha **** you, I don't know when I'll be on. Might not be on again 'till Sunday. You'll have to wait and see :P

Yeah, find that server again and get experimenting! I think it's already come through in one of the last patches.

Ha **** you, I don't know when I'll be on. Might not be on again 'till Sunday. You'll have to wait and see :P

Wtf dude! Your gang needs ya! We losing man power like crazy at this stage! I have not heard a word from Magil at all too.

Wtf dude! Your gang needs ya! We losing man power like crazy at this stage! I have not heard a word from Magil at all too.

I think I went to sleep in a relatively safe place too with loot bags in safe places, both outside the house. I'll find out how safe next time I log on! :P

Lol where's Magil gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

thinkin of getting this,
    1 question, i work abroad so would be offline for quite long periods then home for a similar period(say 6 weeks 6 weeks) are there problems with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

cadete wrote: »
    thinkin of getting this,
    1 question, i work abroad so would be offline for quite long periods then home for a similar period(say 6 weeks 6 weeks) are there problems with this?

You will really really miss the game?

brianblaze wrote: »
    You will really really miss the game?

Lol apart from this....
    thinkin of getting this,

Should be no problem apart from withdrawal symptoms. Servers are wiped after a month the way it is now so you could nearly squeeze 2 "go's" into each time you're home.

What are you btw, a fisherman? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm going to go with oil rig worker

What are you btw, a fisherman? :confused:
    BKtje wrote: »
    I'm going to go with oil rig worker

Meet in the middle i "work" on a pipelay boat, think i will get it see what its like

• Advertisement

thinkin of getting this,

Surviving 1 day in rust an achievement on its own. Leaving your house for 6 weeks is impossible. If it's not going to raided it will fall apart from non use in few days.

Good servers have reset each month. Nothing stops you playing for whole month, then just no play when you busy and come back playing again.

Surviving 1 day in rust an achievement on its own. Leaving your house for 6 weeks is impossible. If it's not going to raided it will fall apart from non use in few days.

Good servers have reset each month. Nothing stops you playing for whole month, then just no play when you busy and come back playing again.

Cool, downloading now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Server Details: 85.236.109.36:29515

Joined this for the laugh while no1 is on the other one. Built a little house in the middle of hanger. This can be our FFA area bring it bitchs.

any of u guys wanna teach a noob l8r?

any of u guys wanna teach a noob l8r?

Yep, I'll be on later. Add me on Steam: MiskyBoyy

Yep, I'll be on later. Add me on Steam: MiskyBoyy

Well this sounds legit!

I am back from a walk, so will jump in to shower and should be on soon. Looks like we will have some new recruits so? good, good, we need some cannon fodder! :pac:

Well this sounds legit!
    I am back from a walk, so will jump in to shower and should be on soon. Looks like we will have some new recruits so? good, good, we need some cannon fodder! :pac:

Lol I'll be on in a few minutes, fiancee is gone home as she has mock papers to correct for the next 10 days :P

Lol I'll be on in a few minutes, fiancee is gone home as she has mock papers to correct for the next 10 days :P

I just got on to teamspeak bud. Misses is back at around 18:00. Dinner is sort of ready too. then I will need to log out for 5 mins ( maybe even 3 min :pac:) and I will be back for Rust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I think I went to sleep in a relatively safe place too with loot bags in safe places, both outside the house. I'll find out how safe next time I log on! :P

Lol where's Magil gone?

Started my new job on monday. Haven't been getting home till after 7pm and have to get up again at 6:30ish...

Won't be playing much during the week for a few months I reckon, until I move to belfast.

Should be on Friday night if people are about.

Advertisement