Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone on?

Get on TS. Myself & Shadow are here and Brian but think he's getting off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Get on TS. Myself & Shadow are here and Brian but think he's getting off now.

tumblr_mawg9uFOhP1qm6tg1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    tumblr_mawg9uFOhP1qm6tg1.gif

Just get on dude, you missed some stupidly funny night man. looks like whe nyou got nothing to lose, you get the most fun adventures. Brian will upload a Video of what we did later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Korean neighbors got to witness the finest bit of dancing you've ever seen... A cultural exchange of the highest order!

In return they thought us the dance of their people

• Advertisement

Poor, Poor Kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just a reminder to all, there's The Survival Sandbox forum to discuss all manner of survival sandbox games. Feel free to start relevant threads there

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just a reminder to all, there's The Survival Sandbox forum to discuss all manner of survival sandbox games. Feel free to start relevant threads there

We all seem relatively happy with this 1 thread right here. Feel free to move this thread to the Survival Sandbox if you want. We'll just continue to use this 1 thread wherever it moves to :P

Where's the 'Dancing to Gangnam style in a survival sandbox' forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    We all seem relatively happy with this 1 thread right here. Feel free to move this thread to the Survival Sandbox if you want. We'll just continue to use this 1 thread wherever it moves to :P

That's perfectly fine, there's no discussion or plans to move this thread, nor the Dayz one to the new forum :) I was simply trying to ensure everyone who follows these threads, are aware that there's a new forum to cover the entire genre of these games. A megathread like this one is fine, but it can, over time, restrict conversation from developing into several different directions. That's where a dedicated forum comes in handy, you can chat about several different topics of the game, in several different threads...without having them all mushed in together & without risk of things being lost.

• Advertisement

Do we have a dedicated Jesus Christ, our Lord an saver forum? We are devoted fans of him and we spread his word! :D

I'm a fan of Kieran... He's the Messiah

brianblaze wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Kieran... He's the Messiah

I'm a fan of Korean... He's the Messiah

I just woke up, walked the dogs. Trying to cook some dead animal for me Breakfast. This game really ****ing up with my sleep paterns. Mon - Wed wake up at 5:00 for work. Thur to Sat - go to sleep at 3:00 wake up at 12:00 :pac:

Anyway, did the patch landed or we got a whole day of spreading Jesus CHrist word for one more day in Dying world?

I just woke up, walked the dogs. Trying to cook some dead animal for me Breakfast. This game really ****ing up with my sleep paterns. Mon - Wed wake up at 5:00 for work. Thur to Sat - go to sleep at 3:00 wake up at 12:00 :pac:

Anyway, did the patch landed or we got a whole day of spreading Jesus CHrist word for one more day in Dying world?

Just logged in on my laptop to Steam, no sign of an update just yet. Maybe later or else tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Probably a silly place to ask as I 'm fairly sure of the response,but, is it worth picking up in its current state?
    I'm predicting a yes. So, if I pick it up what server and stuff are you guys playing on and would you be willing to take a noob under your wings and show me how to dress my self?

Probably a silly place to ask as I 'm fairly sure of the response,but, is it worth picking up in its current state?
    I'm predicting a yes. So, if I pick it up what server and stuff are you guys playing on and would you be willing to take a noob under your wings and show me how to dress my self?

YES! We've all got over 100 hours each in less than a month. You'll get lots of free updates and get the game for cheaper than when it's full release. You'll be amazed at how much time you'll end up spending on it. I had just bought DayZ SA and seen some videos of Rust, thought it looked interesting but wasn't sure if it was worth buying or not. Then a friend and I said **** it and bought it and we haven't even touched DayZ SA since :P Of course we'll play it again but Rust is just too ****ing immersive right now!

It depends. If you are willing to spread to word of Jesus, then We might take you as our Child of Order.

On serious note: Content wise game is around 5-10% from full game ( thats what we are being told ), for me personally this 5-10% is already a ton of Content that keeps me playing 8 hour marathons for days. Its not like DayZ for me, where I wait for next patch and just hope for more cool stuff to be added as it gets very stale when you got full kit. In Rust - Oh, is there patch? Nice, I wonder whats new, I will check it out when I finish blowing up this dudes house and stealing all his Candybars.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Are you going to stay on the same server once the patch lands lads? Any idea on when the patch is coming need my rust fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Cheers lads for responding so quick. Right then, I'll probably pick it up on Monday.Getting a bit bored with DayZ SA at the moment so have been looking at this as it looks like more of a laugh.I take it, it's really not a game you can lone wolf in? Almost any video I've seen has marauding groups of naked men , so I said I'd chance the arm in this thread and see if anyone wanted to party up if I get the game.
    @Shadow, can't spread the word of Jesus but would be wiling to spread the gospel of the Penis brothers

• Advertisement

Cheers lads for responding so quick. Right then, I'll probably pick it up on Monday.Getting a bit bored with DayZ SA at the moment so have been looking at this as it looks like more of a laugh.I take it, it's really not a game you can lone wolf in? Almost any video I've seen has marauding groups of naked men , so I said I'd chance the arm in this thread and see if anyone wanted to party up if I get the game.
    @Shadow, can't spread the word of Jesus but would be wiling to spread the gospel of the Penis brothers

If you cant spread the word of Jesus, then our doors are closed to you, my son. We will find you though, and make sure you accept Jesus in to your heart. :pac:

Give it a go m8. I played dayZ before it, I still love it and it is a good game, but after I discovered rust, I have not even launched it once. I am pretty sure they got SKS now too or something?
    Big groups - are great. Easier to defend, easier and faster to get ball rolling. Just because our group is about from 5-7 people, there almost always someone on to go with in to wilderness. With big group you can make secure house fast enough too. Every time we go on raids or scouting missions we find those "I am new to the game" bases. They will learn the hard way how to build your home and that you need a friend! :D
    Until last night, I though that solo players can be very nicely off if they hide their bases. Well, we found stuff, and easily. It made our job so much easier too. So I would recomend to anyone to build sneaky base and work as fast as possible on something bigger and meatier, which is still possible, depending on server population.

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Are you going to stay on the same server once the patch lands lads? Any idea on when the patch is coming need my rust fix?

I think we will, no point switching as all servers will have to wipe anyway. New patches and old server maps always work like ass.

In fairness, we are having even more fun when we know that server is going to be wiped. Why? Because we have nothing to lose, so we just go ape **** and have as much fun as we can. Last night was one the most fun we ever had on Rust. we actually ended up with more stuff then we would be when doing a serious raid, plus we found Kieren too! He will never be the same now.

Change your mind?

Im wondering if it was ye who raided my little base by the shore last night?Replaced a wall by any chance after?

Im wondering if it was ye who raided my little base by the shore last night?Replaced a wall by any chance after?

spongebob-hides.jpg

lol was it though seriously? If it was ye replaced the wall the wrong way around:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm thinking of picking this up on the Mac. Anyone got it on OS, and if so is it running ok? I can play with people who are on Windows, right?

If it's any consolation, we had a great laugh!

brianblaze wrote: »
    If it's any consolation, we had a great laugh!

If what, that was a very very nice sneaky base. Not sneaky enough foe our crew though!

I will be on later, but don't know if I will be that long. I sort of left misses unsatisfied last night thanks to rust... :pac:

• Advertisement

If what, that was a very very nice sneaky base. Not sneaky enough foe our crew though!

I will be on later, but don't know if I will be that long. I sort of left misses unsatisfied last night thanks to rust... :pac:

Mine is back home so I doubt I'll even get to go near my PC!

Advertisement