Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

BKtje wrote: »
    Shadow stop looking for Mist's approval :p

When we go out for Battle, I see him as our Leader, when We need to decide the colour of Curtains in our base - you better stay the feck away from my sight! :D

EazyD wrote: »
    Can I ask what server you guys on? I'm well set up on one of the UK ones but reading this thread yours seems more eventful(whether for better or worse;)

Sorry for no reply m8. I can't remember ip of server. Go few pages back and you will find it. We call it "Gounties old server".
    Maybe someone will post it, as I can't on the phone. I will when I am back home m8.

To my gang: status report lads! Did misky sent you out to slaughter house again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

net.connect 212.38.163.123:29415 :)

Lintoh wrote: »
    net.connect 212.38.163.123:29415 :)

What's the story with our shack? Are we breached? Did you had any luck last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

was in to check just now and everything looks as it should be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

The North Koreans raided me this morning, youkim,ureduck or some such names,8am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    The North Koreans raided me this morning, youkim,ureduck or some such names,8am

Pyongyang Style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

brianblaze wrote: »
    Pyongyang Style?
    Yes indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

So Misty brought us out with only cloth and bows last night. We ended up finding two guys naked in a hut with a wooden door so the four of us pounded on it till it broke and killed the guys inside (then again when they respawned inside). We then replaced the wooden door (but left their sleeping bags inside). I then realised I had to go so I decided to lock myself in naked in there with them to see if I'd surive. I did not :(

Dunno what they got up to after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

So did ye discuss that thing I was on about yesterday? Can offer ye metal:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so to the guys playing both this and dayz, which do ye prefer and why? me and some buddies are undecided between the two

I love both but I seem to spend 95% of my time in Rust. I do feel that Dayz may be better in the long term but will see how the two progress :)

I got both. So far 35h in DayZ and I had it for few months and 140h in rust and I got it less then a month. ( bought it on 1st of this mont, but barely played first week )

I like both of them. Great games and got their own charm to it ( if you can call it ), but if I could choose only one it would be Rust all the way.

Few reasons why I prefer Rust right now ( I am not saying that DayZ is worse of a game, its just I prefer the rust take on the survival )

1. Engine. I HATE Arma 2 engine with a passion. All the Negatives of that engine got over from mod to standalone. Its bulky and makes firefights very unsatisfying. Its even worse when we know how much of improvement Arma 3 engine is and they still decided to stay with arma 2 one. Rust Engine is just a lot more smoother and makes actual firefights a lot more fun and more satisfying.
    2. It has a lot more activities then DayZ in current form. Both games are only Alpha, but so far I find a lot more fun stuff to do in Rust then DayZ. After you manage not to die by a random bullet and get full camo gear, m4 and supplies, there is very little to do in DayZ. Going to hot spots is only a risk for the sake of risk with no reward. In Rust base building opens a lot more doors and a lot more activities. It was mentioned here that end game in Rust is great, but I would argue that Rust does not have End game, its just has **** to do all the time and no matter how big of a fish you think you are - there is always bigger and smarter one out there. You can get full kevlar and M4 in Rust easy enough if you lucky, but it means jack **** if you dont have a safe home. So base building opens that replayability and a HUGE Metagame.
    3. Its a lot more of a game and easier to get in to. A lot easier to play as group too, as you can stick together and have a base. Nothing is Worse in DayZ then have one person from a group to die and spawn in Electro when the rest of the group is up NE airstrip.
    4. Breaking in to other people houses is a lot of fun. Making your base as smart as possible so someone would not break in - is a lot of fun.
    5. Airdrops as mechanic is just plain idiotic fun and great. Hunger games at the best. Nothing beats watching 5-6 parties, 5 random naked dudes all fighting for a carepackage.
    6. Its the best Co-op experience I ever encountered in my gaming Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I enjoy Rust, but only really when I have a few hours to dedicate towards it. It's not entirely pick up and play, but in a long 2+ hour binge, it's awesome!

Anyone up for some Rust now lads? Or wait for evening? I might fire up some other game for a change... in the last 3 weeks! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BKtje wrote: »
    I love both but I seem to spend 95% of my time in Rust. I do feel that Dayz may be better in the long term but will see how the two progress :)

Dean Hall is stepping down at the end of the year so a lot of Dayz fans are worried that the game isn't going to be what he imagined it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

brianblaze wrote: »
    I enjoy Rust, but only really when I have a few hours to dedicate towards it. It's not entirely pick up and play, but in a long 2+ hour binge, it's awesome!

Yea great game was playing it way to much tho taking a break for a while, and as im writing this there is an update and I want to play it.

http://playrust.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ponster wrote: »
    Dean Hall is stepping down at the end of the year so a lot of Dayz fans are worried that the game isn't going to be what he imagined it would be.

He said he isnt leaving until hes not needed anymore tho.

****, Update is out and it is a cluster****! I woke up naked. guns missing and lots of them damaged etc... I smell a wipe very soon.

Okay, looks like its cluster**** on server. All items invisible in boxes. so you need to drop something on tho for them to appear. Server have not been restarted yet too, so it might be part of the problem.
    A lot of gear is red and worn out too, so I am not sure how the durability was counted for items we had already.
    I wonder will they wipe server again or continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'll be on this evening.
    Don't want to play until the inevitable wipe.

Hmm i have greets this evening and the match but I'll to get on, even if i have to use the laptop do it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Don't want to play until the inevitable wipe.

Seems that the patch doesn't require a wipe so I guess it depends on how old the server is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

All them glitches you mentioned are happening others too. I seen people saying in comments on patch update page.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    All them glitches you mentioned are happening others too. I seen people saying in comments on patch update page.

Yeah, looks like a complete cluster****. Admin on our server said, he will contact owner and decide what to do. I wonderthough will wipe fix those issues we got on servers.

..which means we’re free to use the refraction effects again (so expect to see pixelated penises again).

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Sorry for no reply m8. I can't remember ip of server. Go few pages back and you will find it. We call it "Gounties old server".
    Maybe someone will post it, as I can't on the phone. I will when I am back home m8.

To my gang: status report lads! Did misky sent you out to slaughter house again? :)

Cool thanks Shadow, hackers have ruined my other game so I think you may see me tonight!! By sounds of it you guys have a good setup!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EazyD wrote: »
    Cool thanks Shadow, hackers have ruined my other game so I think you may see me tonight!! By sounds of it you guys have a good setup!

We are notorious on that server. Was hilarious being on by myself last night with a different name than usual and all of a sudden the global chat turned to myself and our group.

It started by asking had I been banned yet, saying I was sketchy as ****. When another guy said about me, that I camped his old house for ages but it didn't seem like I was cheating, just a pain in the ass but I tend to get a lot of kills tho.

Then they were talking about 4 clothed guys with bows raiding 1 of them earlier, saying we had a bit of a fight with them but ****ed them up then continued to knock down their door of their wooden shack and killing them again. Then replacing the door with one of our own so that when they spawned, they were trapped inside. (This part they found funny lol)

Then another guy was warning everyone to stay away from the area our base is as there's normally 4-5 kevlar guys with M4's running around there.

I was just sitting back laughing my ass off at them and was tempted to say "I'M STILL HERE BITCHES!!!" but didn't lol.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    We are notorious on that server. Was hilarious being on by myself last night with a different name than usual and all of a sudden the global chat turned to myself and our group.

It started by asking had I been banned yet, saying I was sketchy as ****. When another guy said about me, that I camped his old house for ages but it didn't seem like I was cheating, just a pain in the ass but I tend to get a lot of kills tho.

Then they were talking about 4 clothed guys with bows raiding 1 of them earlier, saying we had a bit of a fight with them but ****ed them up then continued to knock down their door of their wooden shack and killing them again. Then replacing the door with one of our own so that when they spawned, they were trapped inside. (This part they found funny lol)

Then another guy was warning everyone to stay away from the area our base is as there's normally 4-5 kevlar guys with M4's running around there.

I was just sitting back laughing my ass off at them and was tempted to say "I'M STILL HERE BITCHES!!!" but didn't lol.

We got a reputation on that server allright :D. I was wondering why we are the only ones in area and a few Newbies who "try" to settle down, but dont realise that there is huge metal box right to their shack lol.

If the wipe today, we will need to get finger out and do a very fast resource runs asap. If you are not first, you last on that server.

• Advertisement

Haha excellent. 4-5 Kevlar guys, I think Misty is the only one who constantly wears Kevlar ;)

You must be in 4 or 5 places at once so, god damn speed hacker xD

Advertisement