Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nice, i'll probably jump on over the weekend with some irl m8's. I reckon you guys should just do everyone for themselves for the first few days until you can get some regulars on. That way you can all just stay in the same ts channel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Magill wrote: »
    Nice, i'll probably jump on over the weekend with some irl m8's. I reckon you guys should just do everyone for themselves for the first few days until you can get some regulars on. That way you can all just stay in the same ts channel etc.

Yeah we are doing that. Everyman for himself which I think is very fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not so fun for the people that can only play a few hours during the week !

Okay guys server is up. There will be NO admin abuse. We want to have a server where everyone is equal and everything is fair.

net.connect 109.169.60.33:28615

[UK]Wiped 27/2|CheatPunch|Oxide|RemoveT|Rare C4|Groups|Sleepers

We have Oxide enabled.
    We have group enabled which allows you to set up a group and invite friends which turns PVP vs other members of groups off, so no more accidentally killing each other! :P
    We have death notices enabled so eg. "Misky killed ShadowHearth with a M4 from 57m."
    We have remove tool so you can use a pickaxe to remove any misplaced foundations or pillars. (Think this isn't functioning right now but will again soon)
    We have fast craft enabled.

Come along and join, and get in on the fun! :D

Also join Gaellords TeamSpeak if you want and join Private channel 1 or whatever channel we're in when you join:
    ts3server://78.46.47.195?port=9987

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well done on setting it up lads, running great :) thanks for not taking all my stuff in small radtown when you killed me shadow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well done on setting it up lads, running great :) thanks for not taking all my stuff in small radtown when you killed me shadow :D

I didnt m8. ;) I only took 9mm pistol and boots for research. Looks like you moved out from that area too lol. I sow you running on the road. Looks like you got enough of me and Blobby :D

We still tweaking loot tables. Post your thought too on them. If you feel something drops way too often etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Seems like im seeing alot of pickaxes and paper.

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Seems like im seeing alot of pickaxes and paper.

We'll tweak it a little more so it equals out. Thanks for your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I missed it! Damn! Who do I give money to to support his venture/ spend on Dominos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 baulbeg

hi guys boards noob here, id be interested in joining and helping fund said server, any requirements? apart from a pc and monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Awesome guys, should be on for a game over the weekend. I'll donate some monies towards it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think I'm finally going to buy this later and join that server. Be gentle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

brianblaze wrote: »
    I missed it! Damn! Who do I give money to to support his venture/ spend on Dominos?

send me all ur moneys for Dominos.
    baulbeg wrote: »
    hi guys boards noob here, id be interested in joining and helping fund said server, any requirements? apart from a pc and monitor

all u need is a pc a mintor, rust and a headset if ur gonna chat on teamspeak. :)
    Cravez wrote: »
    Awesome guys, should be on for a game over the weekend. I'll donate some monies towards it too.

first month is paid for just hop on and set up a base.
    Cina wrote: »
    I think I'm finally going to buy this later and join that server. Be gentle!

Watch out for shadow hes a mean MOTHA and will kos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Thinking about giving this a shot over the weekend or early next week. Any tips for someone who has never played this type of game before?
    I guess I'll join to MiskyBoyy server..

Noxin wrote: »
    Thinking about giving this a shot over the weekend or early next week. Any tips for someone who has never played this type of game before?
    I guess I'll join to MiskyBoyy server..

Spawn, collect wood and stone, make stone hatchet,collect more wood, stone and metals,build a shack and wooden door, go to sleep inside,get raided, repeat everything again, but make a 1x1 house with metal door, go hunting,exploring, stealing loot from radtowns, get better guns, break in in to some noobies shack with wooden door.

Spawn, collect wood and stone, make stone hatchet,collect more wood, stone and metals,build a shack and wooden door, go to sleep inside,get raided, repeat everything again, but make a 1x1 house with metal door, go hunting,exploring, stealing loot from radtowns, get better guns, break in in to some noobies shack with wooden door.

Get chased by bear, get lost, cry. REPEAT

FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Is the Server down?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is the Server down?

for a few mins

Just had to stop it for 10 mins+ and then restart it as that's what tech support suggested trying to get it to show up in public server browser. It's back up now tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Hah, sounds pretty much like what I read. I'll see yous in there soon so :D

Noxin wrote: »
    Hah, sounds pretty much like what I read. I'll see yous in there soon so :D

I swear it's the only game that has ever given me an adrenaline rush just sitting their at the PC. Hands literally shaking, trying to calm myself down breathing lol. After a firefight or when you're getting raided and it's all or nothing with the possibility of losing hours and hours of work! Hope you enjoy :D

Logged in there for a second, lag was brutal, but I have it in my history list now. Will check it out after the gym tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

brianblaze wrote: »
    Logged in there for a second, lag was brutal, but I have it in my history list now. Will check it out after the gym tomorrow!

Yeah just a minor blip!
    It was fine all day today.. Then Shadow left and the server exploded.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah just a minor blip!
    It was fine all day today.. Then Shadow left and the server exploded.

Lol IT'S ALL HIS FAULT! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any ideas if the devs plan to populate the whole map with buildings, resources etc. ? id presume so seen as there is such a vast amount of unused space up north, and with the population limits of the official servers id be hoping they will make the map much bigger

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lol IT'S ALL HIS FAULT! :P

Can you do it? As I got pc completely turned off.

Can you do it? As I got pc completely turned off.

And now the issues with running a server arrive! Ha

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I swear it's the only game that has ever given me an adrenaline rush just sitting their at the PC. Hands literally shaking, trying to calm myself down breathing lol. After a firefight or when you're getting raided and it's all or nothing with the possibility of losing hours and hours of work! Hope you enjoy :D

Never happened on dayz cause when ya seen someone ya always used to log out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

The map is 1/16th it's estimated finished size.

Advertisement