Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Okay guys, starting to advertise server. If EVERYONE could vote for it on the following websites, it would greatly help, thanks!

250-100new2.gif

Can vote once every 24 hours so save it to bookmarks and please vote daily when you get the chance :D

Here's post on facepunch forums, comment to give it more attention whatever :D

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1371088&p=44091461#post44091461

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

You say it was wiped on 1 March however server name says 28/2. Sort it out, bloody useless admins. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Whoa whoa whoa the server is hardly been wiped is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

no

• Advertisement

BKtje wrote: »
    You say it was wiped on 1 March however server name says 28/2. Sort it out, bloody useless admins. :p
    Mrdata. wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa the server is hardly been wiped is it??

lol no. name will change to wiped 3/1 when server restarts next. hasnt been wiped but just want to change it to the freshest date as we're holding off on building big buildings until we get a decent population which seems to be happening now :)

****ing admins, lying through their teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ill be on in about 15 minutes. Anyone will be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ill be on in about 15 minutes. Anyone will be there?

I'll be on for a hour or so.

Guys, keep voting here, I know its a pain in a hole, but it will help us even more to get numbers. Its already helping!

250-100new2.gif

• Advertisement

If there is anyone that we could even get to vote that doesnt play the game it would be handy all they need is steam.

Mrdata. wrote: »
    If there is anyone that we could even get to vote that doesnt play the game it would be handy all they need is steam.

Y get yuor friends voting too. Every little helps.ou have to have rust for your vote to count m8.

Buy a few more copies of it there so we can get some more votes:)

You can vote once every 24 hours so I'll remind you all again tomorrow night ;) :P

I refuse to vote unless i get preferential treatment. To of the waiting list and all that. No corridor hospital beds fir me i tells Ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Well fukc me this game is not very easy...

So I joined tonight for a test run as I didn't have too much time.

Aloha Shadow as you are the only one who said hello while telling me to get on TS. I have it now so will be on it tomorrow or Monday. In game name is nosoctane.

Anyway, so for my first ever survival type game it appears I bloody suck. Spawned in and took the advice I've seen. Got plenty of wood and stone. Crafted a stone axe, mini shack gaff, a door, and a fire. Grand so... food hunting time.
    Where the bloody nut sack is all the food?? Ran around a found a pig. DIE TASTY BACON!! That pig must have been on some rampage cause all I got was cloth, chicken breasts(??!?! WTF??), some fat and uhh, something else I think. Can't remember what.

Anyway. Food, raw chicken breast. Well I knew they wouldn't be very good for ya so I tried to figure out cooking them. Made a fire. Put raw food in quick bar and pressed a key...... :eek:
    Well that didn't work. I puked half my health away. Eventually figured out how to cook. Believe me it took a while. So anyway, I figured gaff, fire and food. All set. Go hunt more food cause you ain't got much. Off I go.

Five minutes of wandering and I was lost. Completely lost. I couldn't remember where I placed my shack and had no clue where I was. Suddenly, Fallout 3 kicked in. Radiation everywhere... what the hell? hah, ok don't go that way.

Still no food, died to hunger a short while later. DOH!

So, respawn. Do the same again as all my wood and stone is gone. No biggie. This time right from the beginning I couldn't find food. Ohh but I found wolves alright. Two of them. And they don't fukc around.
    *note to self, do not take on the wolves*

Spawn three,
    Skipped the gaff. Wood and stone are everywhere. Get food. Night fell fairly quick. Running around torch on and off. Randomly appeared beside stone so decided, ahh sure you can't see **** anyway. Get it.
    Suddenly, snarl of wolf and roar(??, they need to improve sound) of bear.
    Awww ****!!! RUN!
    Manged to get away but still didn't find any food so died eventually.

All that said, TLDR I actually enjoyed it. But can someone please help me on the food? The boars seem rare and the deer run like hell when I get close. I sneak up but my crappy little axe won't kill them before they run off..

Also, who is building the giant tower?? I came across this earlier and decided to steer clear. You were outside doing **** and I figured if a naked nutter swinging a stone axe came near you, you would prob blow my head off with a shotgun... :pac:

Id say that is our tower you are on about:) Work on getting enough cloth to make a bow and some arrows to defend from attacks as its vital for wolves and bears. Try using this map to get your location and try to stick near resources for the first couple of days to get set up. http://playrustwiki.com/images/6/62/Newbie_Navigation_2.2.jpg
    Also if your press F1 and put in grass.on false it will make it abit easier to locate animals.

haha nice story. Love hearing peoples (first) experiences in Rust. Wish I was fresh at the game again, love the learning curve :)

Get on again tomorrow, should be a good few of us on including myself. We'll teach you everything you need to know and help you on your way :)

Btw, the road goes around in a circle around the map. So build not too far off a road, near a landmark and then if you get lost it's not so hard to find a road and follow it until you find your way back again.

I'll be on again towards the evening tomorrow hopefully.

The idea behind the game is really good. And sounds like something I'll really enjoy. Plus this is only alpha so hopefully a lot more to come with it. Graphics are great for the most part which is nice.
    The learning curve sets you more into the whole atmosphere of the game too. You really are told nothing about this game. You spawn and that's pretty much it. No tutorial. Doesn't even tell you how to bring up the item menu. It all fits really well with the idea of the game.

Cheers for the map Mrdata. A quick look at that would tell me I was on the east side and died before making it much farther. Hopefully I find more food tomorrow. And whoever is making the tower. Please don't kill me if I drop by. It probably means I'm starving and would really appreciate some food if you had spare. I promise I'll make it up to you :D

Noxin wrote: »
    And whoever is making the tower. Please don't kill me if I drop by. It probably means I'm starving and would really appreciate some food if you had spare. I promise I'll make it up to you :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

LOL, exactly how I felt today!! But hopefully I find my own next time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just got this tonight, really enjoying it! One problem though, every time I place a wooden foundation it instantly breaks. I've tried doing in a few different places just to be sure it wasn't because or a steep slope or anything, but it breaks every time.

Benzino wrote: »
    Just got this tonight, really enjoying it! One problem though, every time I place a wooden foundation it instantly breaks. I've tried doing in a few different places just to be sure it wasn't because or a steep slope or anything, but it breaks every time.

Wow that's weird. I've never seen one break like that before. It either turns the holographic red when you can't place it or green when you can place it. Are you on our server or another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow that's weird. I've never seen one break like that before. It either turns the holographic red when you can't place it or green when you can place it. Are you on our server or another one?

No, I'm on another one, only found out about your server when I found this thread.
    Lintoh wrote: »

Yeah, that seems to be the exact same issue, tried it 5 times and no luck. It would turn green, I would place it but it would immediately disappear and make a breaking sound. New to the game, so I decided to just make a bunch of shelters instead, will have to do for now!

I have to say that Out little server is doing great! we got more boardsies on board ( no pun intended ) and a load of Randomers joined in too. Tomorrow we might see more of our regular crew join in and even more randomers join in.

I justhope Magil and his gang of prick wont scare off all the newbies! :pac:

Dont forget to vote up lads, I know, I know its a pain in a hole, but it will benefit all of us!

Benzino wrote: »
    No, I'm on another one, only found out about your server when I found this thread.

No better place to play than on our server with the rest of the boardsies and other randomers :D Could also join in on teamspeak with us too if interested. We'll all most likely be on tomorrow evening after 5 or so!

Had a little blip tonight, weather it was me or server I dunno but I'd be running alone and suddenly end up back 20 paces. In other games it was considered a server side issue,
    Forgetting that, I had epic fun tonight. Between the help that was given and the lads out there. Great night. Yes I died, But far less often. And I killed that god damned bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Some craic on Rust tonight lads we ran some dudes over cyas 2mro!!

• Advertisement

Nolars wrote: »
    Some craic on Rust tonight lads we ran some dudes over cyas 2mro!!

RUST has Hot Wheels??? WTF??? :D:D:D:D

Advertisement