Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Celts also have a server up for anyone interested. Haven't picked Rust up myself yet but maybe soon.

1-2463927-560x95-13353-FF5519-FFFFFF.png
    https://clanforge.multiplay.co.uk/servers/2463927/view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

bought Rust last night and hopped on to the boards server. Took me at least an hour and a half to get past the stone hatchet stage due to getting killed by zombies, wolves or lads stealing all my worthless resources and shooting me in the head :pac:

Definitely a very addictive game!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Was playing last night where there was an unusual amount of zombies coming at us as we went on our expeditions, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 would sneak up on us at once and it was treacherous to go to certain places.

Still, armed with a pick-axe and good timing they're easy to kill and drop really good loot like weapons and blueprints for kevlar armour.

We found it funny how the game felt more like DayZ at that point than DayZ:SA does in it's current state. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Still, armed with a pick-axe and good timing they're easy to kill and drop really good loot like weapons and blueprints for kevlar armour.

Enjoy them while you cam as they are being removed in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I hope they put something of equal or greater threat in place of them, I quite like having them around and not just for the loot which, for the most part, tends to be quite shìt like flares and a chocolate bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So how many people is there playing on the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just got this, could not stay away ffs! :o

Is there any server Boardsies calling home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Bought this last night myself. Where is everyone playing at we need a big base :)

And..... I just bought Rust :pac:

So which server is the main server so? There are not many of us around, so no point spliting in 2 servers...

• Advertisement

Im playing on "Fallout island Instacraft PVP No Sleepers" for the last few hours ping is about 30 for me.

Well, I am staying on this server for now. Looks like the most active from all Irish ones.

Well, I am staying on this server for now. Looks like the most active from all Irish ones.

Which server would that be?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Which server would that be?

Damn sorry, I was sure I left a Link

http://www.reddit.com/r/playrustservers/comments/1vyzsi/ad_wiped_123_ireland_pvp_airdrops_5_14_craft_door/

Looks like steam down thought....

Cheers :)

Finally reunited with my buddy. Anyone knows how can I give him rights to my house?

Sorted! It has a clever password system that you can give to your buddies after. Works great. So now both sorted out ( as it is possible for cave man lol ) and now plan is to find better location for better safer house. :)

I did laughed my tits off when I sow my buddy running down the road with willy out.

I did laughed my tits off when I sow my buddy running down the road with willy out.

Sounds like my type of game :D

Well, we made a nice wee base now on 5th floor with 6-7 doors. we can sleep safe. :D

Tomorrow we will be going to scavange and look for blueprints.

Just finished playing there now.
    Its really good fun :)

• Advertisement

Played about 5 hours meself tonight managed to build a decent house and got sum gd weapons.

Hehe, played 5 hours myself too. I like it, but if population not going to get better on Irish server I might jump to more populated one.

Such quite server was perfect to learn the ropes of the game. Though jumping in to 100 people server is the best part lol.

Hehe, played 5 hours myself too. I like it, but if population not going to get better on Irish server I might jump to more populated one.

Such quite server was perfect to learn the ropes of the game. Though jumping in to 100 people server is the best part lol.

Yeah have to agree.
    Hopefully the irish server fills up because it seems like a game that thrives when lots of people are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ponster wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/playrustservers/comments/1vyzsi/ad_wiped_123_ireland_pvp_airdrops_5_14_craft_door/

New irish server up.

50 slots. active admins that don't seem to abuse power. Running Oxide with airdrops and reduced crafting speeds. Had some fun on it so far with a max of perhaps 10 people on it at once.

net.connect 88.150.159.157:29115

Myself and Nolars have now set up temporary base on this server. Already a lot more fun than the first server I was on! Friendly people in here too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 69Conor69

We've lost a few on our server the last week or so. If you're still looking, try us out :)

IP: 85.236.109.2
    Port: 28715

Well got killed by bunch of foreigners. they could not get in so they built a big ladder up and I forgot to put door in on top... bollox.

well, bad experience is experience too. Now we know this can be done so after they finish raiding our house, we will be back pick up pieces and improve our house.

Well got killed by bunch of foreigners. they could not get in so they built a big ladder up and I forgot to put door in on top... bollox.

well, bad experience is experience too. Now we know this can be done so after they finish raiding our house, we will be back pick up pieces and improve our house.

Thats what you get, I seen you chasing bears with ur willy out.

Well that was an interesting day today... I swear to god, you can write books after playing this game...

We made our Fortress on a hill, so it was not really "hidden". I did go afk in house at one point and when I came back my buddy said that he heard footsteps and shots.
    So we went on the roof and we sow a dude watching our main door with shotgun. Communication was this:
    "Hi ya"
    "Rable Rable Rable you all going to die"
    "Well okay m8, did not understood a thing you said"
    We went outside and after small firefight we killed him and looted him. We though it was happy days... It wasnt, bastard came back with his 2 buddies. They over ran us and pinned inside. Talking about how they will C4 our house. Asked where we from ( they were from Finland I think ), do we like this game ( as we started last night ). They said "Sorry for raiding guys, but it is part of the game", to which I said " I know, thats what rust about".
    I though they are bluffing as they were taking their time. What they really did: building "ladder to heaven". Our fortress was ( :( ) 5-6 stores high. I forgot to put in metal door on top of it as I got distracted by whole Firefight. :( They all jumped inside from above and murdered us.
    We spawned near by and we were watching out Beloved House being looted and every door destroyed. :( After 1h we logged back and went inside to see if anything left. They took everything.
    With our hearts broken we decided to move on and start everything from a scratch somewhere else. On our way we found someones house hidden in rocky mountain. All we had on us - our beloved family jewels and Stone axes. Feck it, lets break in. After some hammering we got ourselves a rifle and good bit of goodies. Even all meterials done for 2x1 house. It put us in to a good mood again. I felt a bit bad about raiding someones house, but hey, it is Rust, survival of the fittest, and we were not in a good shape. We took all help we could. ( If it was boradies house - sorry m8 :o )
    We ventured deeper and made ourself a new home. Started gathering stuff. Left everything in house. We have a big task in front of us.
    While I was out gathering I sow a small house. I heard footsteps inside and I was not looking forward on meeting the owner. While going around the house I sow the same sneaky laddering up to loot it from above. Thats when I knew - I should feck off from here! 2 people poped up from above: "Hey! you! is that your house?!". Needless to say I was just legging it! Lucky enough some poor Bamby spawned right in front of me. So I just Legged pass him and those two lads just went over that poor freshy shaved fella. I survived. Another little Victory!
    We gathered some more materials and we got at least some basics now. Small shelter. Little bit of food, revolvers and some ammo. All good. Time to sleep.

So what I learned today:

*Building your house right to your face is not good idea.
    *Wooden doors are ****.
    *Dont get attached to your house and gear ( I learned that already in DayZ, but in DayZ you lose just your character, in rust you will lose all of your character, house, materials, manhood! :pac:

Our plan now:

*Lick our wounds and learn everything from our loss.
    *Rebuild our empire.
    *Find from where those bandints working. Find their home.
    *Try to get more friends playing, Power in numbers!
    *REVENGE!!! :pac:

On our way we found someones house hidden in rocky mountain. All we had on us - our beloved family jewels and Stone axes. Feck it, lets break in.

Crap... I'm afraid to log in now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That better not be my house! I had a rifle and a hut in the mountainside and parts for a house!!!

Advertisement