Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Benzino wrote: »
    Shame about the server issues, I had actually found my first 3 research kits today and was delighted with myself :D Only been on the server for a day or two now, just wanna say thanks for having a great server and keeping it going, I'm sure it's a lot of hassle for ye with issues like the above so appreciate the work and effort you guys put into it!

No problem bud. Just some unfortunate luck earlier is all but shouldn't be any issues in future. Have another server set up which cost another €12 for the month just to keep separately as a test server.

Some others don't seem as happy with the server:

niXWgW2.jpg

k.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its hard to appreshiate how much work Admins of servers have to do, until you do it for yourself at least once. Specially when game it self is in raw alpha.

Yes, we had issues today, but a lot of time was spent on fixing it and getting it back running. We always try to tweek server to make it more fun. Misky alone spent majority of its time ****ing with server and barely had any time to actually play.

P.s. I still not decided who will I bomb first! Muhahahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Its hard to appreshiate how much work Admins of servers have to do, until you do it for yourself at least once. Specially when game it self is in raw alpha.

Yes, we had issues today, but a lot of time was spent on fixing it and getting it back running. We always try to tweek server to make it more fun. Misky alone spent majority of its time ****ing with server and barely had any time to actually play.

P.s. I still not decided who will I bomb first! Muhahahahahaha!

c4..... abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Whats the Server name lads, id love to get into this with a few boardsies :)

Recurve360 wrote: »
    Whats the Server name lads, id love to get into this with a few boardsies :)

http://toprustservers.com/server/11223 info here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I bought this game. WOW, how unbelievably dire in every single way. I felt like I had been teleported back 10 years and had to wander around with a stone banging it off things.

If only I could get a refund.

I bought this game. WOW, how unbelievably dire in every single way. I felt like I had been teleported back 10 years and had to wander around with a stone banging it off things.

650a4860cf2500a1210f08f69dd5ecc33d3f0443e880e8eea924150d9ed3fdd1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You were banging a stone off things 10 years ago? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Who buys an Early Release game and can even think to have this sort of opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

jabberwock wrote: »
    Who buys an Early Release game and can even think to have this sort of opinion?

Me! Ive played loads of early release games, but this is the worst by far.

Im probably being unfair, Im an FPS player so when I got this as a few clanmates were playing it, I thought "There must be something in this surely?" but no, its one of the worst things I've ever played.

• Advertisement

Im probably being unfair, Im an FPS player so when I got this as a few clanmates were playing it, I thought "There must be something in this surely?" but no, its one of the worst things I've ever played.

Okay, I have few theories:

1. You are a troll and just trolling.
    2. You are DayZ player and everything that is not DayZ is **** and should be killed in an alley.
    3. You expected to play call of duty or battlefield when going in to this game. It's not an Fps game ( if that's even a genre now...), shooting here is not too get higher K/d ratio, but to survive and **** someone over.

I feel sad for you as you completely miss understood the spirit of the game. I personally think that this is one of the best games in good few years. One of the nest alpha games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 baulbeg

I hated this game and wanted my money back, when I 1st bought, I left it for a few weeks, decided to try it again, now its all i play when I play really.

Ps: have you tried it with your monitor on, I found this beneficial towards solving my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Jesus this game is sucking me in big time.
    I've still been playing it safe for now but I have figured out where I am map-wise and can happily leave area without fear of never finding it again. I wen't on a wander yesterday and came across what I think is "Big Civillian". I didn't go in but I got close enough to down a few red mobs and get a research plan, pickaxe and a few other non-note worthy items.
    I decided to try seeing other players so went for a wander during the airdrop. Crafted myself a revolver and off I went but I was edgy as fcuk when getting close. Got near that giant tower again (bloody hell) and suddenly heard shots going off everywhere. I just kinda stopped dead in my tracks and said... yea, not today! Turned around and high tailed it outta there. haha, I'm such a pussy.
    I had started building my base up a bit. Got foundations, poles and a few walls up but towards the end I wasn't really liking the area I was in. Might just finish it small and find a new spot. Ahh decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

You're from Louth, this must be like a Real Life Simulator to you! Might be why you don't like it!

Noxin wrote: »
    Jesus this game is sucking me in big time.
    I've still been playing it safe for now but I have figured out where I am map-wise and can happily leave area without fear of never finding it again. I wen't on a wander yesterday and came across what I think is "Big Civillian". I didn't go in but I got close enough to down a few red mobs and get a research plan, pickaxe and a few other non-note worthy items.
    I decided to try seeing other players so went for a wander during the airdrop. Crafted myself a revolver and off I went but I was edgy as fcuk when getting close. Got near that giant tower again (bloody hell) and suddenly heard shots going off everywhere. I just kinda stopped dead in my tracks and said... yea, not today! Turned around and high tailed it outta there. haha, I'm such a pussy.
    I had started building my base up a bit. Got foundations, poles and a few walls up but towards the end I wasn't really liking the area I was in. Might just finish it small and find a new spot. Ahh decisions, decisions.

For a basic enough engine, it sucks you in so much! I was shaking last night after I murdered two chaps and then ran off to my tower to put the loot away, then bloody Shadow starts shooting me, I made it inside, closed the door and got a large medkit on just as I was at 10 health!

Edge of your seat stuff!

Happy Pancake Tuesday all ye Rust players, love ye all.

off for a few shhnaaekkkyyy pancakes now.

im-a-pancake-meme1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Nolars wrote:
    Happy Pancake Tuesday all ye Rust players, love ye all.

off for a few shhnaaekkkyyy pancakes now.

OK I've decided to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    OK I've decided to buy it

Really. Thats what sold you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well he was obviously worried that Rust is addictive (which it is) but he's happy to know that Rust isn't as addictive as pancakes on pancake tuesday. To be fair it's a valid concern.

BKtje wrote: »
    Well he was obviously worried that Rust is addictive (which it is) but he's happy to know that Rust isn't as addictive as pancakes on pancake tuesday. To be fair it's a valid concern.

Ah ok. I'll allow it.

• Advertisement

Ah, can't wait for tonight. Finally I will be able to stay for longer. Will be doing a few holes in households! :pac:
    Who said had full kevlar and m4? Joe? Anyone who tells me his house location will survive night with no holes in their shacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Leave mine alone! I only manged to get it built last night :P
    And I doubt it's what you would call, secure.

Noxin wrote: »
    Leave mine alone! I only manged to get it built last night :P
    And I doubt it's what you would call, secure.

There are bigger fish to fry then you m8. Lots of shhhneaky shhhhnakes to choose from!

Raided some guys house by hanger last night whoever it was bad idea leaving a window open, ya have to be click on this server :D

Nolars wrote: »
    Raided some guys house by hanger last night whoever it was bad idea leaving a window open, ya have to be click on this server :D

Thanks to our "community" I can't say snake properly anymore. It's always shhhhhhhhnake now lol. :D

There are bigger fish to fry then you m8. Lots of shhhneaky shhhhnakes to choose from!

Leave my sh*tty Rapunzel tower alone!

Thanks to our "community" I can't say snake properly anymore. It's always shhhhhhhhnake now lol. :D

you haven't voted for 2 days!!!

Nolars wrote: »
    you haven't voted for 2 days!!!

I Know. I had in my mind to vote and was on page, but phone with password was charging in bedroom. Then I forgot about it :(. I will today.
    And it's not 2 days ya shhhhnake, only one. My 24h timer is late in,the evening.

Ah, can't wait for tonight. Finally I will be able to stay for longer. Will be doing a few holes in households! :pac:
    Who said had full kevlar and m4? Joe? Anyone who tells me his house location will survive night with no holes in their shacks!

Kevlar, but who doesn't. Need m4 and c4 innit. I have it on good authority Techniques and Data have fat loot. gogogogo.

• Advertisement

I Know. I had in my mind to vote and was on page, but phone with password was charging in bedroom. Then I forgot about it :(. I will today.
    And it's not 2 days ya shhhhnake, only one. My 24h timer is late in,the evening.

2 days ya shhhhhhnakke

Advertisement