Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

did ye guys stay on goldenrust?loot is just a tad on the low side for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mrdata. wrote: »
    did ye guys stay on goldenrust?loot is just a tad on the low side for me anyway.

Yeah we're still on. Might be changed now as lots of kills with M4's coming up in kill feed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah we're still on. Might be changed now as lots of kills with M4's coming up in kill feed now.

Yeah theres one dude in paticular killed me as i was crafting. And killed me ten seconds later when i respawned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Recurve360 wrote: »
    Yeah theres one dude in paticular killed me as i was crafting. And killed me ten seconds later when i respawned again.

3rdit3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just voted..
    now to get on and see what the game is actually like

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    just voted..
    now to get on and see what the game is actually like

It's one of them games that when you play first and haven't a clue what you're doing it seems a bit **** but give it a good go and you'll love it and soon become addicted I guarantee it!

Not on myself but if you hop on the Gaellords teamspeak one of the private channels there's usually one or 2 of us on there playing. ts3server://78.46.47.195?port=9987

I'll be on myself tomorrow evening around 8 if you want a bit of help in the game :)

"In a world of kill on sight and raiding, human interaction on rust may seem bleak at times. However, last night I saw the greatness of rust's humanity. My crew and I met a man with an idea, build a store. So we did, we built it and stocked it with our wealth of resources, and opened for business.

We quickly had a few customers who enjoyed the experience of what they called the rust Walmart. Using metal frags as currency and bartering for what people need, we sent our customers away happy with everything from chocolate to m4s.

As our ratings on the chat skyrocketed people began applying for employment. A group of newbs did well in interviews and performance exams and we offered free housing, tools, food, and materials for them to build their own house. And business continued to stream in.

One night we had a line 10 people long that went out the door. Here we saw the best of rust. Strangers from all ends of the map meeting at Walmart and not one shot fired, despite arguments about line cutting. But of course it is still rust, and a gang had to try and rob walmart. What happened next was amazing, the employees rallied with the owners to defend the store and when word spread that Walmart was under siege former customers came to defend reasonable prices. Goes to show rust is what you make it, people can be trusted and they can be dicks, but if you have a fun idea try it."

Source

"In a world of kill on sight and raiding, human interaction on rust may seem bleak at times. However, last night I saw the greatness of rust's humanity. My crew and I met a man with an idea, build a store. So we did, we built it and stocked it with our wealth of resources, and opened for business.

We quickly had a few customers who enjoyed the experience of what they called the rust Walmart. Using metal frags as currency and bartering for what people need, we sent our customers away happy with everything from chocolate to m4s.

As our ratings on the chat skyrocketed people began applying for employment. A group of newbs did well in interviews and performance exams and we offered free housing, tools, food, and materials for them to build their own house. And business continued to stream in.

One night we had a line 10 people long that went out the door. Here we saw the best of rust. Strangers from all ends of the map meeting at Walmart and not one shot fired, despite arguments about line cutting. But of course it is still rust, and a gang had to try and rob walmart. What happened next was amazing, the employees rallied with the owners to defend the store and when word spread that Walmart was under siege former customers came to defend reasonable prices. Goes to show rust is what you make it, people can be trusted and they can be dicks, but if you have a fun idea try it."

Source

That sounds awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's the thing. Rust is as much as you will make it. There is no late game or some bull****. Its a box of toys and you are the one what will you do with them.

Just watched Battle Royale movie... I know where Rust got its inspiration!

Edit: wtf, some scumbags reported my SIG to be too big? Really? Assholes...

• Advertisement

Shtop bahhh. Brilliant movie! lol

Ha did they, in fairness, it is a BIT big lol. It's obvious you post in more places than me, hence why mine is still there. (for now) :P

Good episode! Plenty of action and comedy :D

So I hopped on and basically ran for 20 minutes and saw zilch.
    No animals,people, houses etc? whats going on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

if you run the wrong way you can end up outside of "playable" area

https://rustmap.net/

cheers..what are the spawn spots like? dispersed all over or concentrated in an area?

All over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Id say you have a problem of things 2 big???

ehhh
    eeh
    eh

Nolars wrote: »
    Id say you have a problem of things 2 big???

ehhh
    eeh
    eh

tumbleweed-o.gif

I found a base not far from us with an open staircase and a shack nearby with some crates in it ... :D

I'm on my way back to get some stairs, would be cool if more joined for defencive purposes

Well, looks like its dead for Rust tonight. Where the feck is everyone? Misky cant get up from all the weekend sex coma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I probably won't be playing until they update the game and add some new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'm in building onto my stupid idea of a house that has a base layout of 51 foundations... (doesn't quite follow a x by x layout)

Why did I think this would be a good idea and why can't I stop ffs? It has taken all day to only get 3 stories high..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I got into a spot of bother with some bouncers last night who decided to use my face as way check the strength of their knees. Am spending the evening with la femme. Hope to be on tomorrow.

Id love to know who broke into my house at small rad town purely to set up spike walls to stop me going upstairs. They didnt even raid me...

****ing game.... zzzzzzzzz

****ing game.... zzzzzzzzz

Did you stayed till 3:00 lol? This fecking game really Loves fecking with human life's and sleep patterns lol.
    Did you managed to improve our shack? Depending on what time Lintoh comes on, we will have to do our "walk in a park" again. Looks like the most efficient way of getting stuff lol.

It's a shame our group became so much smaller, at least we know who are pussies and cant handle a real challenge now! :pac:

Did you stayed till 3:00 lol? This fecking game really Loves fecking with human life's and sleep patterns lol.
    Did you managed to improve our shack? Depending on what time Lintoh comes on, we will have to do our "walk in a park" again. Looks like the most efficient way of getting stuff lol.

It's a shame our group became so much smaller, at least we know who are pussies and cant handle a real challenge now! :pac:

Actually tried to sleep, couldn't, got back on again. Closer to 5 with a 45 min attempt at sleep in between :P

Ohhhhhh I got plenty done ;)

Actually tried to sleep, couldn't, got back on again. Closer to 5 with a 45 min attempt at sleep in between :P

Ohhhhhh I got plenty done ;)

A jaysus, boy. No fear in ya! :D

Will have to do an inspection of your work! ;)

We will need to push our efforts to air drops now. Be ready all the time to go out and fight for it. We need that c4 and explosives!

A jaysus, boy. No fear in ya! :D

Will have to do an inspection of your work! ;)

We will need to push our efforts to air drops now. Be ready all the time to go out and fight for it. We need that c4 and explosives!

Had a little shleep in this mornin' but nothing too crazy. Was just 45 mins late for work is all :P

Grand shunny day out and all bahh :D

Yeah, I also managed to snag a bolt action rifle HEE HEEEEEEEE :D

Researched that ****!

Time you be on today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Had a little shleep in this mornin' but nothing too crazy. Was just 45 mins late for work is all :P

Grand shunny day out and all bahh :D

Yeah, I also managed to snag a bolt action rifle HEE HEEEEEEEE :D

Researched that ****!

Time you be on today?

I haven't got any research papers in days. Makes me sad. I'm too afraid to take any weapons / armor outside the house in case I get deaded. :P

Advertisement