Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

oh look its Blobby!

IMG_4509.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Could this patch be taking any longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I bet we all here... Lurking... waiting... :pac:

I've been (finally) finishing off farcry3 and started thief. Might as well get them out of the way while waiting :p

I honestly miss our Communism shacks. :(

I Miss Lintoh "bkfdl;gjhlhasdfklhdal;asdg;sdhgl;asg;ls boob ofhfoHFLSDFHLASFLSEF i KILLED HIM FSADFAAFFDAFASDFADFASF hahahaha"

I miss Misky constantly being called Hacker! :pac:

I dont miss flares!

We need to get back in to this again lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I Miss Lintoh "bkfdl;gjhlhasdfklhdal;asdg;sdhgl;asg;ls boob ofhfoHFLSDFHLASFLSEF i KILLED HIM FSADFAAFFDAFASDFADFASF hahahaha"

I dont miss flares!

Lies...

http://playrust.com/

Friday devblog

"Most (if not all) of the code is terrible."

So they built the game on the back of terrible code, great.

Would explain a lot with regards to speed of updates. Trying to figure out what badly written or badly commented code does is a nightmare.
    Lets hope they can pick up the pace a bit though eh :)

I think i'll probably get back into this next week. I've spent enough time away so everything should feel fresh.

In fairness, they were always very honest about Rust. I remember some of their early post where they launched Alpha, with very low expectations, just to get few people playing it, so they can work on it little by little. This whole explosion and a **** ton copies sold was unexpected and they were not ready for it.

I dont mind no new update this week, but I give 2 huge thumbs up for posting that info on what they are doing right now. Radio silence they they did was more damaging then no update really. I dont even mind playing game in state it is now, like I said, its not content driven game, its community and your own imagination driven game.

This post was something I was looking from them. They were already talking about changing the internals of the game and making it with a proper Code, which make adding additional code and parts of the game easier and efficient. Anyone with at least very basic programing knowladge will know whats going on and WHY this stuff they working on is so important.

As it is, I would love to get out gang back in the game again. I freaking miss my Rust 12 hour session and going to sleep 7:00 in the morning. If you lads up for going out for some Rust, then shout out. I am in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I dont miss flares!

Was he banned from rust or was the vac ban for a different game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Magill wrote: »
    Was he banned from rust or was the vac ban for a different game?

You seem awfully concerned about me.

Here, so you can sleep sound at night without worrying about me...

1ZOLOiil.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pheta

Hey, we just wiped the server saturday 29.03. at 14:00 CET!
    FRESH WIPE / with slight modifications for better gameplay:
    [EU] BEST RUST PVP|Cheatpunch|FastCraft|Kits: Starter & Supply Drop|24/7Admins|+10Airdrop|RemoverTool|NoDurability|Long Days
    NOW WITH VAC BAN SCRIPT - no players with VAC bans are able to join the server!
    all infos on www.rustyfied.eu
    Hope you join again!
    net.connect 148.251.3.49:28195

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You seem awfully concerned about me.

Here, so you can sleep sound at night without worrying about me...

1ZOLOiil.png

Wowzer... why so salty ? Whats the vac ban on your steam account for then ? Dayz ?

Cheatpunch isn't vac btw, I don't think they share the same database. If you go to your account "Settings" on steam it should tell you what game(s) your banned from playing.

Magill wrote: »
    Wowzer... why so salty ? Whats the vac ban on your steam account for then ? Dayz ?

He's a gay noob..

I got banned from Goat simulator << Also sounds like shadow.

Source
    Haha :D
    I just spawned on a large server and bumped into another naked man. We got along well and decided to team up. After a few minutes of gathering, a full kevlar man approached us.

"Hey guys here's some chicken" he said, "come to my house ill give you some guns" he said.

We decided to follow him to a huge base, and he let us into a small (1x1) house he had next to it.

Then shut the door behind us and ran off.

we were trapped in a box alone for 25 minutes, but had a fun time telling horrible jokes and whatnot.

Then two people approach the shack, its the kevlar guy and his friend. They tell us that their leader in on the way to meet us, and either he would shoot us or make us farm metal for him.

Great.

My partner puts down a workbench and asks for all my stuff. 30 seconds later we both have a handcannon and some rounds. He gives me 2 small health packs and tells me good luck.

The leader and his buttbuddy arrive, the buttbuddy tells him that we are both naked, and unarmed.

Bad part on him.

The leader opens the door and orders us to come out. Of course we do not. He mutters "okay time to do this the hard way ******s" and walks in.

click BAM! click click BAM!

Our handcannons ragdolled his lifeless corpse into a corner. I search his body and acquire full kevlar, shotgun, p250, m4, and mp5, lots of health packs and ammo.

I get kitted up and walk outside. The buttbuddy is afk, so we blow him away and teebag his body. My companion takes all his gear, and we run for the hills.

My buddy and I are laughing uncontrollably the whole way, then he tells me he has a home nearby. I follow him to a huge metal base, and we go inside.

There is about 20 guns pointed at me when I get in, but my buddy defuses the situation and tells how I helped him in an epic jailbreak and that I was one of them now.

Of course I had to give up my kevlar armor and m4 so everyone could learn the crafting recipe.

But now I have a nice group to roll with.

Remember, no matter how hard it gets, dont quit. good things come to those who wait in corners naked with a handcannon.

Friday night = Rust night for me :)

Of course that's after Misky,Nolars and Shadow have done all the base building :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

What happened to all the votes for the server on toprustservers ?

Mrdata. wrote: »
    What happened to all the votes for the server on toprustservers ?

It gets reset every month :/

• Advertisement

So.... Anyone down for some rust this week? I sort of miss saying " ya shhhneaky shhhhnake".
    I am up for tonight or any other day this week. ( unless I'll be called out for some vodka drinking duty this Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

New job has me absolutely run off my feet, but I'll return to Rust soon!

So.... Anyone down for some rust this week? I sort of miss saying " ya shhhneaky shhhhnake".
    I am up for tonight or any other day this week. ( unless I'll be called out for some vodka drinking duty this Saturday)

I'll be on Friday evening.
    I expect a base to be built and Weapons to be crafted before then.

Demanding git.

Where are ye planning on playing?

Nolars wrote: »
    Where are ye planning on playing?

Preferable a server where my Ping is below 500.. Which probably isn't easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Preferable a server where my Ping is below 500.. Which probably isn't easy to find.

You can sort by ping.

You can sort by ping.

This man speaks the truth!

Although I think Blobby is saying he has such **** internet that NO server will have a decent ping for him lol

So who's on tonight?

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So who's on tonight?

ha who ya gonna throw ur flares at now b i t ch :P

Advertisement