Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I started playing South park... I may have to backburner Rust for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

brianblaze wrote: »
    I started playing South park... I may have to backburner Rust for a while!

It's the perfect game to backburner in fairness, it's only going to improve! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just watched this. God I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just watched this. God I miss it.

haha good ole Kieran boyy. I miss Kieran!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

flat out on uk1 server,
    keep getting owned by a guy in full kevlar and assault rifle so i have relocated. Little does he know i have watched him build his tower and have sketched them down as best i can, im gonna raid his tower soon, change his doors and take everything off the baxtard. living in the tower with 4 other guys so it should be good takings once i get it!

i have been playing the last 12 hours purely on hatred for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

"When is the next update?
    So what’s likely to happen is this. Some time in the next 2-3 weeks a new branch will appear on Steam. The community will be split in two. New and old.

We’re not going to take the old branch away from you until everyone is in universal agreement that the new branch is the future. And even then we’ll probably keep the old branch anyway – just for a laugh."

Nolars wrote: »
    "When is the next update?
    So what’s likely to happen is this. Some time in the next 2-3 weeks a new branch will appear on Steam. The community will be split in two. New and old.

We’re not going to take the old branch away from you until everyone is in universal agreement that the new branch is the future. And even then we’ll probably keep the old branch anyway – just for a laugh."

I am a bit puzzled about this all together. Will they have 2 versions of it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

This "new" branch must be the version with the replaced code in it.

Ya people will have the option to run the current version and play that or play the new version which will be updated every week. I just hope the new version/code of the game whatever it is has the exact same feel as the game now but with more stuff to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Picked this up again yesterday for a bit of a laugh.
    I forgot how much fun it is having the crap scared out of you.

Jumped onto a PVP / PVE server. (It has designated zones for PVE only). No killing allowed but base raiding is.
    So I zoned in around hacker valley which is a designated pve zone. Was quiet there so I made my way to a portal hub they have set up and ended up in Ballzack. Another pve zone. Was happy enough there so set up a small base beginning. Resources are somewhat limited in the PVE zones so quite often found myself in a PVP zone trying to farm. Happily chopping away when... SNAP SNAP SNAP. I nearly bricked myself. Then the full kev bloke just ran off without killing me. The heavy breathing aside, I forgot how funny it is when someone sneaks up on ya.

Any red mobs / towns are in pvp areas so you'll quite often end up in a fire fight if looking for the good stuff.

Server is in the US though which can cause some lag spikes. Anyone interested it's 9 on the top rust server list. BreakingBad PVP/PVE.

• Advertisement

I really want our old crew back :(.

I was reading last few blog updates and they are doing great job. I tried experimental branch too and UI changes are great. They are doing a major work on internals and it is a smart move. From what they saw NG we might expect an proper update soon enough. I can't wait!

I haven't seen Misky on boards in ages too. I wonder if Lintoh got another child while we not played rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

How do you try the new updates? The steam ones always the old version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

JoeFitz wrote: »
    How do you try the new updates? The steam ones always the old version.

Go to properties, click the betas tab, select experimental. It's cool to see the progress they're making, but if you want do actually play the game stay on stable as experimental is literally unplayable atm.

I really want our old crew back :(.

I was reading last few blog updates and they are doing great job. I tried experimental branch too and UI changes are great. They are doing a major work on internals and it is a smart move. From what they saw NG we might expect an proper update soon enough. I can't wait!

I haven't seen Misky on boards in ages too. I wonder if Lintoh got another child while we not played rust.

I'm always here. Skulking away in the shadows :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'm always here. Skulking away in the shadows :D

Here you are. You still busy on weekends? We might get a game going over weekend? Maybe Nolars and BK skulking around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I've gotten DayZ, not that impressed with hit detection etc. We should have a good auld Rust shneaky shnake session soon

brianblaze wrote: »
    I've gotten DayZ, not that impressed with hit detection etc. We should have a good auld Rust shneaky shnake session soon

Thats the issue I got with DayZ. It feels like a boat in jelly. There was a great gif posted in DayZ about melee combat:

p8WVTYz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm ready..

maxresdefault.jpg

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm ready..

maxresdefault.jpg

803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c8eafe715c36f0c32183d9f65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

Im also here looking for signs for some playing

no new child tho..... thank god

• Advertisement

Here you are. You still busy on weekends? We might get a game going over weekend? Maybe Nolars and BK skulking around too.

I live with my fiancee now in a nice big house so I'm always busy now :D:p

No graphics card at the moment either, but rust would probably work easily with the HD4000 graphics anyway I'd imagine. I'll wait another while before gaming. In the mean time, you can all get Xbox ONE's to play with me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I live with my fiancee now in a nice big house so I'm always busy now :D:p

No graphics card at the moment either, but rust would probably work easily with the HD4000 graphics anyway I'd imagine. I'll wait another while before gaming. In the mean time, you can all get Xbox ONE's to play with me :D

I really hope you are not having pre marriage sex now. I am very serious about that sort of thing! :pac:

So you not going to be playing? Where is your gpu anyway? Sold it for drugs?

Xbox one.... Ewwwww... It's like you offering herpes, so we could be buddies! Not happening! Xbox is shhhhhhhhiet Anyway!

From having a quick mess around in the experimental branch the game has a long way ta go and feels not as nice as the current version of rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Nolars wrote: »
    From having a quick mess around in the experimental branch the game has a long way ta go and feels not as nice as the current version of rust.

It's experimental for a reason, it's not meant to be played normally like the current version of Rust. I'm pretty impressed with their progress, new stuff is added every day it seems.

It's experimental for a reason, it's not meant to be played normally like the current version of Rust. I'm pretty impressed with their progress, new stuff is added every day it seems.

Ya obviously, im just saying ive a feeling it wont be as good as the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm playing dark souls 2 while waiting for the patch. I dont want to bother with the experimental branch as im sure it would just annoy me after the gold that was classic rust.

I remember that day... I remember!
    B8F52062FAA35330886ADC87F0CE0C30200731BF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

You mother truckers never invited me to the party!

Wont be on this weekend but how about we go raiding on the server im on next weekend? should be able to craft C foWer by then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

and that was before we knew of the group mod so we kept killing each other with pick axes

Advertisement