Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This architect was spending way too much time playing Rust!

S5TkC6d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

That this new house that you and your gf are living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

From what I read on the Blog, it looks like they completely scraping the whole old build. Thats why it takes ages. They doing a right thing though, its a shame it takes ages.

One thing I dont like and I am not sure if they will have it in final version: randomised worlds. I would prefer one big static map with landmarks then derp derp Minecraft " I have no fecking clue where I am again".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

From what I read on the Blog, it looks like they completely scraping the whole old build. Thats why it takes ages. They doing a right thing though, its a shame it takes ages.

One thing I dont like and I am not sure if they will have it in final version: randomised worlds. I would prefer one big static map with landmarks then derp derp Minecraft " I have no fecking clue where I am again".

I'm sure mods will allow servers to host specific maps. I like the idea of randomised worlds, it means that servers will become more unique, maybe have the ability to provide custom maps too.

BKtje wrote: »
    That this new house that you and your gf are living in?

*Fianceé because I'm a fancy ****er like that!

But I tell you one thing, I am starting to miss PC gaming a bit. Rust in particular. Somebody buy me a half decent GPU, thanks in advance :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    *Fianceé because I'm a fancy ****er like that!

But I tell you one thing, I am starting to miss PC gaming a bit. Rust in particular. Somebody buy me a half decent GPU, thanks in advance :D

You can buy a pretty decent one for about €50. Do you have a desktop? What Gfx card do you have atm?

You can buy a pretty decent one for about €50. Do you have a desktop? What Gfx card do you have atm?

Ah yeah I got 1 before for €58 that done the job alright. Nothing at the moment. Specs in my sig. apart from the gpu which is sold. Currently job hunting and waiting for money to come through to me so first purchase will be a GPU don't worry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

If anyone does feel like jumping back in, do join me on the server above. Great craic altogether.
    Admins randomly host little events. "hunt the admin" etc with nice little rewards.

One such was when I was out looking around some hills. They said, "xx admin will be in small rad in 10 min. He who brings him a furnace BP will get the uber hatchet for one hours use (not to be used in PVP or raiding as too much damage can be caused with it.)
    Everyone was: wtf? A furnace BP? Where the hell do you even get one..
    Console comes on... Hint: Nox has one. (I'm assuming they put it there)
    I was like...uhh wtf? Basically made me a target against the entire server. But damn I did want that axe. It was the dead of night while travelling to small rad but holy crap the firefight that ensued was hilarious. I have never seen chat so full of death spam in my life.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ah yeah I got 1 before for €58 that done the job alright. Nothing at the moment. Specs in my sig. apart from the gpu which is sold. Currently job hunting and waiting for money to come through to me so first purchase will be a GPU don't worry :D

Once you go black, you never go back. Or something like that! :D

Just check adverts. Buy something cheap until you can afford something decent. I am pretty sure you could get away with low settings on Rust. Or get a few quid together and get something like this and laugh all the way for few years.
    120eu, but haggle down to 90-100eu
    http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/sapphire-radeon-hd-6970/5541183
    120eu again, try to get it for 90-100
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/evga-nvidia-gtx-580/5414826

Noxin wrote: »
    If anyone does feel like jumping back in, do join me on the server above. Great craic altogether.
    Admins randomly host little events. "hunt the admin" etc with nice little rewards.

One such was when I was out looking around some hills. They said, "xx admin will be in small rad in 10 min. He who brings him a furnace BP will get the uber hatchet for one hours use (not to be used in PVP or raiding as too much damage can be caused with it.)
    Everyone was: wtf? A furnace BP? Where the hell do you even get one..
    Console comes on... Hint: Nox has one. (I'm assuming they put it there)
    I was like...uhh wtf? Basically made me a target against the entire server. But damn I did want that axe. It was the dead of night while travelling to small rad but holy crap the firefight that ensued was hilarious. I have never seen chat so full of death spam in my life.

Which server it is?

• Advertisement

Once you go black, you never go back. Or something like that! :D

Just check adverts. Buy something cheap until you can afford something decent. I am pretty sure you could get away with low settings on Rust. Or get a few quid together and get something like this and laugh all the way for few years.
    120eu, but haggle down to 90-100eu
    http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/sapphire-radeon-hd-6970/5541183
    120eu again, try to get it for 90-100
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/evga-nvidia-gtx-580/5414826

Nolars said he'd swap me his GPU for my phone lol. So I might AHEM get my phone *stolen* in my insurers eyes :rolleyes: but then Nolars the **** probably wouldn't swap then.

Which server it is?

BreakingBad PVP/PVE. It's on the top rust servers list 8th or 9th I think.

It is American based so ping can be a big high but if you can survive that, it's the best I have tried out.
    I have been tempted to go and host one myself though. Will see in the near future.

I have been tempted to go and host one myself though. Will see in the near future.

DON'T DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, why not?

haha, why not?

Lots of work, lots of stress, you feel binded to one place. Extremely hard to get healthy population, Constant moaners to deal with.

TL:DR Its a lot more work, then fun.

Lots of work, lots of stress, you feel binded to one place. Extremely hard to get healthy population, Constant moaners to deal with.

TL:DR Its a lot more work, then fun.

Not to mention dealing with hackers and server instability, trying to keep up to date with mods and game releases, trying to get mods to work with new releases of the game, etc, etc.
    If you're thinking of doing it I'd definitely recommend getting a few people to share the responsibility.

Well, I started on that server. Managed to get myself a 2x1 small hut with metal doors. found p250 too. Happy days. Still alive and kicking!

And don't even talk to me about the ****ing loot table!!

LOL, oh man. I missed that RUSH so much! :D

Got p250 researched and got few things together. A stage where I can afford to go out with a gun and defend myself.
    Ran in to Small Rad to check stuff and noticed Bolt action wailing on me. Needless to say I legged it, but tried to keep my eye on location shots coming from. Bingo, I pin pointed that little **** and kept an eye on him from safe distance ( our old metal base on german server for the lads who know ;) ).
    Few seconds in, I hear shots and the bolt action rapidly changing his location. Well, decided to go in and use the surprise element. Got near by and sow bolt action dude chasing some naked dude. I chased him after, when I got close enough - 4 shots and dude is dead. Grabed his **** and legged it back home in most confusing way lol. Only when I closed shacks door, my heart stoped pounding like crazy!
    Checked the loot and I got bolt action with 3 addons, Large medkits, full leather and some food.

Today I survived and lived long enough to tell the tale! :D

Got p250 researched and got few things together. A stage where I can afford to go out with a gun and defend myself.
    Ran in to Small Rad to check stuff and noticed Bolt action wailing on me. Needless to say I legged it, but tried to keep my eye on location shots coming from. Bingo, I pin pointed that little **** and kept an eye on him from safe distance ( our old metal base on german server for the lads who know ;) ).
    Few seconds in, I hear shots and the bolt action rapidly changing his location. Well, decided to go in and use the surprise element. Got near by and sow bolt action dude chasing some naked dude. I chased him after, when I got close enough - 4 shots and dude is dead. Grabed his **** and legged it back home in most confusing way lol. Only when I closed shacks door, my heart stoped pounding like crazy!
    Checked the loot and I got bolt action with 3 addons, Large medkits, full leather and some food.

Fair play on the BAR straight away. ffs I've not even found one yet. Someone did let me borrow for research though. I need to do more rad runs tbh :P
    If you have any problems with anything. PM Stagger Lee. He's admin and almost always online. Nice guy too.
    One tip, theres a onetime use to get stuff for a 1x1 house. Do /kit home for it.
    Also voting and /voted gives rewards.

• Advertisement

Fair play on the BAR straight away. ffs I've not even found one yet. Someone did let me borrow for research though. I need to do more rad runs tbh :P

In fairness, we can team up. If I know one thing in Rust - Solo is almost a death sentence.

**** I got a rush just reading that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Really like the idea of random worlds, especially if its bigger* than the current world. Will make it much more... adventurous, instead of the same clusters of bases/hiding spots over and over. Freshly wiped servers will be cool aswel as people won't just all rush to radtown/hangar.... yes... very interesting.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was raided during the night. Feckers!! Worst part about it? They put pillars in the middle of my walls so I can't even build a doorway / wall back. Very annoying. Base wasn't even close to finished so wasn't exactly very secure. Next time I'll know to secure around the outside so they can't build so close to my damn walls. Gah!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was raided during the night. Feckers!! Worst part about it? They put pillars in the middle of my walls so I can't even build a doorway / wall back. Very annoying. Base wasn't even close to finished so wasn't exactly very secure. Next time I'll know to secure around the outside so they can't build so close to my damn walls. Gah!

Can't you type /remove in chat and hit it with a pickaxe? Should work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

You can /remove only materials you placed yourself.

Tried to /remove it but it told me that floating buildings are not allowed.

Pickaxe doesn't work against them either afaik. DOH!

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    You can /remove only materials you placed yourself.

That sucks. Must be a different remove tool add on that gives ownership to whoever placed the foundations.

It's also considered griefing usually so say it to the admin and they'll remove it probably.

But, if it said about floating buildings, maybe try remove all the layers above that, the roof and everything else above it to see if you can then remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Advertisement

I've just dismantled the entire place.

3x3x1x3x3 ten stories high. That took a while. My poor rock is in bits! :pac:

Advertisement