Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Noxin wrote: »
    I've just dismantled the entire place.

3x3x1x3x3 ten stories high. That took a while. My poor rock is in bits! :pac:

haha ah well. At least you don't have to collect all the resources again! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

http://playrust.com/friday-devblog-12/#more-711

Its starting ta look good now. The facepaint and the cone on the head and all looks mad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's just concept at that stage. It's still massively away from being playable :(. Looks great, but way too long.

It will probably be like 2 years until this is anywhere near a release but when that day does come, omg.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It will probably be like 2 years until this is anywhere near a release but when that day does come, omg.

Well, I want it to be at least to a level of current Rust. for me it would be enough.
    They are doing a lot of work on it and fair ****s to them, but god, this waiting is killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Noticed a 900mb update when I turned on the computer but nothing ta get excited about really :(
    Things will change in Rust over the next couple of days. When you launch Rust you’ll be asked if you want to play Rust or play the Experimental Version. You should probably choose Play Rust.

During this transition period things might get a bit broke for a few hours. If you find yourself unable to launch Rust please try restarting Steam, try restarting your computer, and try going to Verify Contents in the Properties window for Rust in Steam.

I like your review for Rust Shadow lol

okNlgz5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/06/27/rust-getting-scrapped-new-rust

Looks like Rust as we know it will be scrapped and replaced with a brand new title.
    They'd better give free copies to all of the people who bought early access to the current title.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

The website just has old news as those of us that been following garrys blob already know

the old version isnt scrapped just put in a legacy ( or smt) branch when the new (soon fininshed) version is playable and have more players than the original

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's a given that those who own Rust now will get the new version, it's just basically scrapping the old version so they can expand better with the new game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'm sharpening my rock already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

BizzyC wrote: »
    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/06/27/rust-getting-scrapped-new-rust

Looks like Rust as we know it will be scrapped and replaced with a brand new title.
    They'd better give free copies to all of the people who bought early access to the current title.

What can we expect I wonder, And are they gonna look at the issue of cheaters (I no longer call them hackers as it only seems to give them an ego boost, thinking they are part of anonymous or something)

The gun mechanics and building both work very well at the moment so I hope they don't change too much

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

What can we expect I wonder, And are they gonna look at the issue of cheaters (I no longer call them hackers as it only seems to give them an ego boost, thinking they are part of anonymous or something)

The gun mechanics and building both work very well at the moment so I hope they don't change too much

the experimental thing is gonna be the "new" Rust just log in that way and check the progress

Its very old news. They are rebuilding the whole game from a scratch the proper way, instead of putting new code in to already terrible code. They are doing the right thing, even if I want to punch them in a face, because they taking their time.

Looks like a lot of stuff implemented in experimental branch and next week they plan on pushing a big update so it will be playable.

http://playrust.com/friday-devblog-14/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Graphically it looks years ahead of what was there. Lets see how it plays!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I've moved down to Carlow for work so haven't had a second to play Rust, but will do when the PC moves down with everything else soon! Not so mad into the nudity, but sure we'll survive

2014-06-27_20-35-12.png

About time they had lamps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

brianblaze wrote: »
    I've moved down to Carlow for work so haven't had a second to play Rust, but will do when the PC moves down with everything else soon! Not so mad into the nudity, but sure we'll survive

About time they had lamps!

You still talking about Rust? Or just in general?

Bit of both...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Very impressed with what they've done so far.
    I'd say it'll be up and fully operational in 2 months.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Yup, looks like it will be "sneaky shhhhnake" time in about 2 months. I gave it a wee go today and god it feels and looks great. Scraping old game and redoing it was a right call. Cant wait for proper workable 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Mr Blobby wrote: »

In last weeks Dev blog he said he hopes to have it up, fully playable with all the basic features in two weeks and the ability to rent servers starting then too.

But then the definition of basic features will be different for some people.

Looks awesome now, great textures!

Looks awesome now, great textures!

Wow I actually can't believe how different and awesome experimental looks. Especially the night sky, looks class!

Shame I haven't a clue where the **** I'm going tho lol. Definitely shaping up to be a great game, hopefully.

Also, love the new main menu screen!

Well, the wedding is Friday, and we're moving in to our new house in Carlow the week after, so in 2 weeks I can FINALLY get down to some Rust!

Well, the wedding is Friday, and we're moving in to our new house in Carlow the week after, so in 2 weeks I can FINALLY get down to some Rust!

Where's the rust buddies wedding invites mofo :D

I'll bring lots of chicken I got from a pig :pac:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Where's the rust buddies wedding invites mofo :D

I'll bring lots of chicken I got from a pig :pac:

Wedding and rust buddies are not invited. You are piece of **** Brian. 6 of us were living in 2 room shack, we were bringing religion to young people together, killing and remembering the dead. And after that we are not even getting invitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

The experimental looks great, Im glad I stooped playing for a while now, will be like a new game when I go back to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Forgive my laziness lads, but who are the main "bad guys" in this after they removed the zombies? Just other players now?

Advertisement