Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

They planning to introduce GPS and maps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This is too funny! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Damn that is well played and quick thinking! Nicely done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really want to give this a go,its not really suited for solo playing though?

Really want to give this a go,its not really suited for solo playing though?

If you just want to build a nice house and kill wolves, then it's easy enough to find a dead server or pve only server and have at.

However if you do join a pvp server:
    50c9c96a53f06.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lmao :D

I think I might get it so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I have a hundred hours in playing solo. I hooked up with one guy who put me up in his house, let me stick a metal door on my room and came and went as I pleased as he had given me the codes for his door.

Until he blew the door off my room, raided me like a supermarket and changed the codes on his doors

It was about 20 hours worth of hunting and gathering

I have a hundred hours in playing solo. I hooked up with one guy who put me up in his house, let me stick a metal door on my room and came and went as I pleased as he had given me the codes for his door.

Until he blew the door off my room, raided me like a supermarket and changed the codes on his doors

It was about 20 hours worth of hunting and gathering

....and that's the beauty of Rust!

"It's more of a social experiment on humankind than anything" - Shadowhearth 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    ....and that's the beauty of Rust!

It's more of a social experiment on humankind than anything :D

Aye, use my lines!!!

As for what that dude did - fecking legend ( sorry). It's like a brand new level of being a dick. I'll put that down in my notes.

Aye, use my lines!!!

As for what that dude did - fecking legend ( sorry). It's like a brand new level of being a dick. I'll put that down in my notes.

Fixed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Played 30 minutes of Rust last night.... Chased by a bear, fell off a cliff, then was killed by a naked guy with a rock... Good to be back!

brianblaze wrote: »
    Played 30 minutes of Rust last night.... Chased by a bear, fell off a cliff, then was killed by a naked guy with a rock... Good to be back!

They are poping updates like Crazy now. It will be at the level of old rust in no time. will have to try out experimental tonight.

I went on experimental briefly. It looks gorgeous, but I got scared when i heard a wolf howl and then turned it off....

I got bored last night and logged onto a random server for a bit of craic too.

Saw a bloke getting attacked by two wolves so I decided to help out. Arrowed his ass and took all his gear.
    Decided to just troll everyone I could find. Spent the evening without building a single thing. Just running around killing everything I could find.

Great fun altogether. :P
    It's pretty funny how much stuff you can get without farming if you are sneaky about it.

Reminds me of when I logged into Minecraft for the first time in 2 years and there was a horse... I was very confused.

Noxin wrote: »
    I got bored last night and logged onto a random server for a bit of craic too.

Saw a bloke getting attacked by two wolves so I decided to help out. Arrowed his ass and took all his gear.
    Decided to just troll everyone I could find. Spent the evening without building a single thing. Just running around killing everything I could find.

Great fun altogether. :P
    It's pretty funny how much stuff you can get without farming if you are sneaky about it.

Thats how our Communist house worked. :d

Some people go on farming runs, other go on "farming farmers" runs. Then all piled together to make one big "Kremlin" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

I really miss those days

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

http://playrust.com/experimental-launches-by-default/ getting closer to playable I guess

Lintoh wrote: »

I miss you Lintoh you beautiful bastard!

I gave it a go a last week and it plays really nice, though old build felt more "tight". The random generated Maps are not to my liking at all!

I dont know what to think off Key system. It does not really matter if you play in group and clan as you can have one person at home with keys, but if you solo, you have to have keys with you. If you got ganked - bye bye your **** at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don't know if many of you's have been following the Dev blogs but the latest one doesn't sound good.

http://playrust.com/devblog-30/

Baically there implamneting a system that lets you trade/buy blueprints.
    So if you remember before you had to go out and find blueprints before you could craft items. Well now you can go into your Steam inventory and trade or buy them.

Basically if you're willing to pay you could pop into any server and buy ever Bluprint you needed.

Its really ****ing stupid.. I woudn't mind if it was cosmetic stuff like Hats,Jackets and stuff... But Guns,Armour and C4? **** no!

They also said there would be servers that don't allow inventory blueprints. Don't worry Blobby Flare.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Don't know if many of you's have been following the Dev blogs but the latest one doesn't sound good.

http://playrust.com/devblog-30/

Baically there implamneting a system that lets you trade/buy blueprints.
    So if you remember before you had to go out and find blueprints before you could craft items. Well now you can go into your Steam inventory and trade or buy them.

Basically if you're willing to pay you could pop into any server and buy ever Bluprint you needed.

Its really ****ing stupid.. I woudn't mind if it was cosmetic stuff like Hats,Jackets and stuff... But Guns,Armour and C4? **** no!

Yeah, I read that too and I was like WTF!

On the bright side, you will be bale to turn it off. As we know already, official vanilla servers are as popular as Sunday **** muffins. Its all about moded servers anyway.

Text chat is now local. So does this mean it's proximity based to say 100m radius around you or?

Also, they need to do this for voice chat :D

Damn, I forgot about rust. I think it is really getting to the point of properly playable and communist worthy!
    I don't know if I will have much time for it now as wow expansion came out today.

Damn, I forgot about rust. I think it is really getting to the point of properly playable and communist worthy!
    I don't know if I will have much time for it now as wow expansion came out today.

You..... you "FORGOT" about........ RUSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!??????? :eek: :mad: :eek:

Lol 'WoW' what a nerd :D

Im really trying to avoid wow, too much of my life was lost to that sweet sweet game

The boards server still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

urbanledge wrote: »
    The boards server still going?

No since we've stopped playing until the new version is playable.

..Whenever that'll be :/

• Advertisement

I played a few minutes last night.
    Looks way better but ran like dirt.
    Even on low settings it was bad

Advertisement