Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Very impressed with what they've done so far.
    I'd say it'll be up and fully operational in 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's been less than a month Blobby. Give them a chance........... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As soon as they put classic map in to it, I am back. I love what they have done so far, but randomly generated world's just suck. They are bland and make terrain very MEH.

I don't know how do I feel about keys too. Have a key on you all the time sounds like ****. It's like going with your wallet full of money in to rough area...

Creepin...
    IZHSKKH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Signed into the new version the other day. Didn't feel very close to finished at all tbh.
    A lot of comments from regular followers say the devs are really gone slack. They're working. But not to any deadline at all. Just doing things as they please.

Meh, H1Z1 is out in a week. That's where I'll be methinks :P

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    Signed into the new version the other day. Didn't feel very close to finished at all tbh.
    A lot of comments from regular followers say the devs are really gone slack. They're working. But not to any deadline at all. Just doing things as they please.

Meh, H1Z1 is out in a week. That's where I'll be methinks :P

In my opinion they nailed it with this:

http://playrust.com/devblog-40/

They improved graphics and all the eye candy, but the game lost spirit. A lot of it to do is with Stupid Random maps too. It lots its charm when map are just plain fields and pools of water.
    I know they are going for realistic model now, but I dont like Key system at all. I liked the classic way, where you could still close doors and go out for a hunt without a fear of your house being emptied only because you have to have key on you...

Ill wait for classic map to come back anyway before I get back in to Rust. You are all safe from Communist Iron fist for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I'm really not a fan of the key system. In fact, i doubt I will go back to the game, maybe just for a look is all. I am thinking of giving it one more chance but know as soon as I go on i will be owned

Also, I liked the original map a lot, how are you supposed to find friends now on a randomly generated map??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm really not a fan of the key system. In fact, i doubt I will go back to the game, maybe just for a look is all. I am thinking of giving it one more chance but know as soon as I go on i will be owned

Also, I liked the original map a lot, how are you supposed to find friends now on a randomly generated map??

Everyone spawns pretty much in the same area by the water.

The game is far from finished; The key system is just something that's being tested but I wouldn't play it now and judge the final game by your experience. IMHO the first alpha release was more advanced than the current version in terms of game-play.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

C4 is coming back this weekend. Radtowns, loot crates, blueprints are already in and performance is abit better. Rust is back!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's been 3 months since my last post and I think that Rust is now back to where it was before this new branch began. The graphics are wonderful and the same level of excitement is back. Yes there are still things to fix and add as there was in legacy Rust but if you've been waiting for the game to become more playable then it's worth a look now.

• Advertisement

It is, and in a way better. Though I am waiting for legacy fixed map first. Then I will take out my sickle and hammer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'm ready for a comeback...

brianblaze wrote: »

haha I ****ing love that video!

Was just having a little taster of it today, it's looking soooo good!

Now, just bring original map up to that standard and I'm all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Must give this a go next week after my assignment is handed in :)

God, we were such an assholes! I sound horrible too lol! I want our gang back together. :(

Well I now own and run a cafe, but I'm up for a reunion some night this week when I should be sleeping!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    haha I ****ing love that video!

Was just having a little taster of it today, it's looking soooo good!

Now, just bring original map up to that standard and I'm all for it!

Shneaky shnake

Gonna call it, Tuesday night anyone?

I've not actually played since we all did on legacy.

I'll download the newest update tonight.

Gonna call it, Tuesday night anyone?

I don't know if it will be the same, as good without legacy map. Is it still randomly generated Worlds?

• Advertisement

I've not actually played since we all did on legacy.

I'll download the newest update tonight.

Can we still play Legacy? Are they all still overly naked?

Can we still play Legacy? Are they all still overly naked?

I think so.

.... And yes :pac:

I'm in for tomorrow night then! Anyone else?

I'm in for tomorrow night then! Anyone else?

If I am not getting **** faced tonight or not playing Killing floor 2, then I will join in.

Logged on legacy last night, chased by a naked guy with a rock, got some sulphur and stones, crafted a bow, chased by a bear, died of starvation while running away away... So pretty much the same thing as always happened to me playing rust before.

Logged on legacy last night, chased by a naked guy with a rock, got some sulphur and stones, crafted a bow, chased by a bear, died of starvation while running away away... So pretty much the same thing as always happened to me playing rust before.

Well, thats what happens when you dont have a strong communist fist looking after you! :pac:

You're all shneaky shnakes. I'll be online tonight anyway, if anybody hasn't added me on Steam I'm DrBrian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Weather is too good to be inside so doubt I'll be on tonight but will get the game updated and stuff for next time!

BKtje wrote: »
    Weather is too good to be inside so doubt I'll be on tonight but will get the game updated and stuff for next time!

Way ahead of ya!

bs7.JPG

• Advertisement

Way ahead of ya!

Sick setup bro!

Advertisement