Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Here's a video showing a war between 2 clans on current Rust.

It really showcases how much has changed and how advanced the game has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Here's a video showing a war between 2 clans on current Rust.

It really showcases how much has changed and how advanced the game has become.

**** raiders though, we need you to organise the run, we would have taken down those assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Played new Rust last night, it's unrecognisable! Good fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Myself and my mate play on Rustopia UK/EU server. Seems decent so far anyway. Rocket launcher is in tonight patch :)

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Rocket launcher

Oh Lord! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

A first version of a new Legacy style map was released today. Weekly wipes are warned for those who want to play on it however!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Gaunty wrote: »
    A first version of a new Legacy style map was released today. Weekly wipes are warned for those who want to play on it however!

Procedural also get a wipe today I believe.

This video is one of the best that I've ever seen of a Rust battle. 22 mins but well worth watching. Once those rockets start launching it's more like something from Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Nanastick

Savage raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Rustopia EU/UK just had a wipe tonight. One of the most active pop servers with admins who are online most of the time. I have a base set up on it so if anyone wants to join just give me a shout. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Finally going to be trying out Rust tonight with the lads. Have had my eye on it for quite a while and we seem to have ran out of games to play so no better time to try this out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone on for some rust tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darkcup101

Hey is there any good irish servers worth playing, I wana start playing but there is no point if its on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Was playing a bit last week but have stopped again. The new version is b.e.a utiful. But it also seems to be full of hackers.
    I'll come back when they do more addressing of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Hackers seem to be a common enough occurrence but the game is really really good again, and smooth.

Do not like the key system, can't wait to get a codelock blueprint, safer by far.

Do not like the key system, can't wait to get a codelock blueprint, safer by far.

You'll be very happy with yesterdays update then :)

http://playrust.com/devblog-66/#more-3844

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Hackers seem to be a common enough occurrence but the game is really really good again, and smooth.

I've been playing this loads for the past few months now and I can't say I've ever had a problem with hackers. Once or twice people have claimed a hacker was on maybe, then it ends up them being sore about dying.

Yeah codelocks are a default bp now so no need for keys anymore. Unfortunately the animals are very glitchy after this patch so looting them for animal fat is tough. Other than that the game is pretty good.

Now fair play to Gary Newman and his crew, when this game is finished it will be highly polished.

Anyone know if Blue Prints are server locked or character locked?

What server you playing on? I am currently on Amsterdam 3

Anyone know if Blue Prints are server locked or character locked?

What server you playing on? I am currently on Amsterdam 3

Server locked and are for the moment not surviving wipes.

I tend to play on the modded servers which have adjusted settings so you can harvest faster, along with other useful bits and pieces.

Blueprint wipes are at server owners discretion. Played on one server and blueprints lasted for weeks. Rust has really come on in the last couple of months. Hell they have even added weather in the latest patch. Currently playing on Rustnode UK server. No sign of hackers and the admins are decent.

Some serious anti cheat issues last night after the new update, everyone's game kept crashing every 2 - 3 minutes.

The facepunch team had a patch out to fix it about an hour later and took full responsibility on Twitter saying sorry for ruining everyone's night. Respect for that.

Then, Garry Newman came into the server chat himself asking us if we ran smooth now etc. I was well impressed. Knew it was him because the chat was in a colour I never seen before and it was an official server.

I'm happy I stuck with it recently because this sort of dedication gives me faith in games.

Also made a killing on people when the server went stable again, loads of people logged out outside bases etc and couldn't get back in! Full hazmat suit ;0

• Advertisement

Some serious anti cheat issues last night after the new update, everyone's game kept crashing every 2 - 3 minutes.

The facepunch team had a patch out to fix it about an hour later and took full responsibility on Twitter saying sorry for ruining everyone's night. Respect for that.

Then, Garry Newman came into the server chat himself asking us if we ran smooth now etc. I was well impressed. Knew it was him because the chat was in a colour I never seen before and it was an official server.

I'm happy I stuck with it recently because this sort of dedication gives me faith in games.

Also made a killing on people when the server went stable again, loads of people logged out outside bases etc and couldn't get back in! Full hazmat suit ;0

Update:

Did a little bit of raiding and managed to get a fairly decent base built up, lots of combination locks on metal doors and safe rooms etc.

Had about 60 explosives created and was planning another raid, logged off to go to work, logged back on buzzed to steal someone's ****, all my guns, sulphur, gunpowder, bullets and explosives gone. Not one door opened and I was cautious by using different codes for each level door, anyone who says hackers aren't rampant in this game should speak to me. Each time I'm on I see someone get EAC banned.

Went onto the beach, found a noob, crafted a Thompson and went to the top of my base, gave him my sleeping bags and door codes and asked him to shoot me in the back of the head whilst I looked at the sunset, I sang Amhrán na bhFiann, with a tear in my eye and fell a man.

Best fun I had in a game in a while but won't be going back for a while after seeing all the cheaters. It's pretty bad. Shame because the rest of the game really is on point now.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Update:

Did a little bit of raiding and managed to get a fairly decent base built up, lots of combination locks on metal doors and safe rooms etc.

Had about 60 explosives created and was planning another raid, logged off to go to work, logged back on buzzed to steal someone's ****, all my guns, sulphur, gunpowder, bullets and explosives gone. Not one door opened and I was cautious by using different codes for each level door, anyone who says hackers aren't rampant in this game should speak to me. Each time I'm on I see someone get EAC banned.

Went onto the beach, found a noob, crafted a Thompson and went to the top of my base, gave him my sleeping bags and door codes and asked him to shoot me in the back of the head whilst I looked at the sunset, I sang Amhrán na bhFiann, with a tear in my eye and fell a man.

Best fun I had in a game in a while but won't be going back for a while after seeing all the cheaters. It's pretty bad. Shame because the rest of the game really is on point now.

What server are you playing on? I've never seen a hacker and must be playing for the past 5 or 6 months. We tend to stick to UK servers with active admins that have a good population.

What server are you playing on? I've never seen a hacker and must be playing for the past 5 or 6 months. We tend to stick to UK servers with active admins that have a good population.

Official Amsterdam facepunch server 3.

When the update came in on Friday I saw an Ireland procedural server but it seems to be taken down again.

May get back to it if I can play with mainly Irish players.

Official servers are overrun with hackers and do not have admins. I wouldnt bother with them. Best to play on Rustopia EU/UK or some other uk server that have active admins. Although having said that the steam refund system that has been introduced has made it very tough for even active admins to keep the hackers out.

I see that there's an official Ireland server now.

Is there enough support here for a community server? No issue with funding it but zero point in creating yet another empty server...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

Didn't know there was a thread for Rust. I play on Facepunch Ireland. Username is LarZ. Love helping people out in game. Anyone have any idea what time the wipe is today?

ldusoswa wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a thread for Rust. I play on Facepunch Ireland. Username is LarZ. Love helping people out in game. Anyone have any idea what time the wipe is today?

Any idea why there are so many Russians on that server ?

Ponster wrote:
    Any idea why there are so many Russians on that server ?

Because is there's anything Russians love. It's Western Europe servers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

gave up on rust after they decided to redo the entire game engine. must give it another look though I had heard the community had all but abandoned it

• Advertisement

gave up on rust after they decided to redo the entire game engine. must give it another look though I had heard the community had all but abandoned it

You heard wrong. :) Steam stats suggest more than twice the amount of people playing it now than the old legacy version (I'll try to find the stats). Lots of us missed the old game when the switch was made but there are too many new elements in this version to ever want to go back.

Advertisement