Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was just chased by a Welsh person, who wanted a Stone duel. While he chased me across the map we had a pleasantly discussed my name, how I was from Ireland he from Whales, weather etc. Then I stoped and decided to go for it, but same second 2 people poped up nearby to what my newly found friend shouted: LOOK 2 PEOPLE! LETS GO FIGHT THEM!
    I dont know why, but I ran with him and we attacked those people and get murdered.

This game is just freaking Stupidly Mad and Idiotic, I LOVE IT! :D

P.S. it was not on our "boardish" server, it was random UK 150 people serveR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Blobby, before you go asleep later again ingame add a door to your house eh? :P I had to shoot some poor random noob who was sniffing around your house before he spotted your body. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Whoever done this /attempt at a house beside my house better not come back ;)

Jaysus, where you getting these rifles from? I never sow another one, except the one we nicked from DaLad :pac:

• Advertisement

Jaysus, where you getting these rifles from? I never sow another one, except the one we nicked from DaLad :pac:

Found it in a box. If I can find some research papers I can research it and make ya one.

Gaunty wrote: »
    Blobby, before you go asleep later again ingame add a door to your house eh? :P I had to shoot some poor random noob who was sniffing around your house before he spotted your body. :D

I think its 2 late jsut checked and no body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Just bought this today so would be up for some company to teach me how not to get clubbed to death, as happened on day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

WAIT!!
    You can die when you're not in the server? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    WAIT!!
    You can die when you're not in the server? :eek:

yup, you need to be safe when you log out. I think all "sleeper" servers are like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just incase any of you weren't aware, there's a new dedicated forum for all things Survival Sandbox, imaginatively titled, The Survival Sandbox . This thread will remain in the Games forum, but in terms of expanding the discussion of the game beyond what this forum can offer, by all means, head on over to TSS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

So I managed to survive and create a little shack! The AI in the animals is terrible, but it is Alpha, so that's fine. Same with clipping issues. A lot of potential in this game, but asw my other half said, it looks like Minecraft, but with better graphics and a slightly more 'psychotic killer' way to kill animals... IE Giant Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah it's strange how one of the first main ways to gain resources is by running after a hog while whacking it repeatedly in the arse with a big stone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This game is so ****ing addictive. Played 22 hours so far since Wednesday excluding Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday whilst the fiancee was down. Probably accumulate another few hours on it today, don't know how I'm not overweight! lol :P

Still playing away on the Irish rust server mentioned above which is kind of like an unofficial boardsie server if more people want to join, go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Slowly building my castle (alright I started in a crap spot but no point in restarting it now but will do next wipe. Problem is its all wood (bar doors) and no matter how many zombies I kill I can't find metal stuff or plans. Though I do have metal foundations.

Is metal stuff super rare or only from airdrops?(for which 8 players are needed in the server I think? )

BKtje wrote: »
    Slowly building my castle (alright I started in a crap spot but no point in restarting it now but will do next wipe. Problem is its all wood (bar doors) and no matter how many zombies I kill I can't find metal stuff or plans. Though I do have metal foundations.

Is metal stuff super rare or only from airdrops?(for which 8 players are needed in the server I think? )

I have loads of metal parts for a house just kill loads of zombies get about 6 research papers and come on over and u can research them.

I think blueprints are disabled on this server which is stupid IMO.

Ah that explains that then with regards blueprints. Research papers are research kits..?

Ah that explains that then with regards blueprints. Research papers are research kits..?

yweaeaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

blueprints are disabled.... no wonder I havent found a single 1

do any1 have a full list of the changes on the server?

Lintoh wrote: »

Yea its pretty bad. Im considering setting up a server myself at the minute.

• Advertisement

Lintoh wrote: »

Just this list and no blueprints:

Irish Rust

+50 player slot server

+ACTIVE RESPONSIBLE ADMINS (making sure your play is fair and fun)

+OXIDE MOD (Adds Lots Of features, Making monitoring players and Banning players a Breeze. PROPS TO THE MAKERS OF OXIDE!)

+DOOR SHARING ( Enable your Friend(s) to use the same door, No more big bases with a million doors!, Guide to use the Addon Below *)

+PRIVATE MESSAGE ( Send a message in-game to a specific player type /help for list of commands in-game)

+CHAT HISTORY (View the last 20 messages said in global chat, type /help in-game for command)

+BALANCED SPAWNS (Very well balanced spawns, making military gear and c4 very rare, this is real rust, hardcore stuff!!)

+PVP ON (With Military Weapons Disabled Id like to see Crazy Bow Fights over Airdrops Guys!, The Thought Of the Madness! Makes Me Tingle!)

+QUARTER-CRAFT (Crafting Time Lowered By 75%, Ain't nobody Got time For that!!)

+AIRDROPS ON (airdrop minimum set to 8, This prevents players staying on late to try to get rare items)

+PLAYER LIST ( Type /list when in game)

Type /help for a list of commands.

We could always just switch server. A slightly more populated one wouldn't be bad :)

With blueprints disabled and miltary gear extremely rare it makes raiding pretty impossible no? Build a big wooden fortress with lots of doors and then your safe. The thrill is gone then as theres no danger.

We could always just switch server. A slightly more populated one wouldn't be bad :)

Also this, when it's mainly us on the server and we're all friendly we've no enemies except the animals and zombies. I'd love to see a group of us try to get to the top of a slightly more populated server as a group. Maybe try build a town, trading center or a safe zone for new players who need to get started. Just ideas. :-)

Gaunty wrote: »
    Also this, when it's mainly us on the server and we're all friendly we've no enemies except the animals and zombies. I'd love to see a group of us try to get to the top of a slightly more populated server as a group. Maybe try build a town, trading center or a safe zone for new players who need to get started. Just ideas. :-)

Yea its just a matter of finding a server with good ping and not 2 many people about 20 would be perfect.

Yeah the server was great to get the basics but its a bit of a love fest :)

Would also love a town or boardsy base where we might actually have to defend it at some point ;)

EDIT: Just joined a new oxide server, currently 15 online. Will give it a go and see. Still a rare c4/military gear server so probably similar ish to the one we were on but higher population.. I hope ;)

Yeah the server was great to get the basics but its a bit of a love fest :)

Would also love a town or boardsy base where we might actually have to defend it at some point ;)

EDIT: Just joined a new oxide server, currently 15 online. Will give it a go and see. Still a rare c4/military gear server so probably similar ish to the one we were on but higher population.. I hope ;)

have a look sure. :)

Sounds cool. I think we should all hop on Teamspeak and sort out joining a game together, build a basic house with however many sleeping bags just to get started then go explore, build a larger base and find weapons.

Well, I don't mind making c4 rarer, but disabling military gear is s bit over top.

Damn, I would not even mind joining other big server as boards gang. Some 150 people server and make our own fort and gang battalion. I sort of feel bad trying to raid boardsies on current server and thats all what's out there now.

• Advertisement

I don't mind if military gear is rare(r) but no military gear is no fun either.

Advertisement