Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to force EA

Options
  • 10-12-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

A number of things are broken in my apartment including the oven. The EA came over a month ago then apparently forgot all about it - didn't know what I was talking about when I emailed. I have been about 6 weeks with no oven and he is ignoring me. How should I proceed? The apartment is cheap but breaches a number of the guidelines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

You should contact them again stating you are going to deduct the cost of the repairs from the next months rent.
    call in the trademen to fix the items and of course retain the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Contact the landlord in writing giving him sufficient time to remedy the issues. Inform him if this deadline is not met you will remedy them yourself and deduct the cost from the rent (or move out).

Advertisement