Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tromsmart MK908II and XBMC

Options
  • 10-12-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I installed XBMC on my Tronsmart MK908II. However the two repos that come with it, XBMC.org Add-ons and XBMC.org PVR Add-ons, are empty.

I know on my laptop that I can just right-click on the repo and click 'force refresh' and the repo will populate. However, I am using an air mouse on this and I have pressed and held every button to try and get the pop-up-menu to give me the 'force-refresh' option but alas I fail.

Can anyone advise how to get the 'force-refresh' option using an Air Mouse please?

I also installed 'super-repo' and enabled several add-ons eg filmon, but everytime I try to open any of these add-ons I get an error message saying 'script failed' - any advice on how to fix this problem would also be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

I installed XBMC on my Tronsmart MK908II. However the two repos that come with it, XBMC.org Add-ons and XBMC.org PVR Add-ons, are empty.

I know on my laptop that I can just right-click on the repo and click 'force refresh' and the repo will populate. However, I am using an air mouse on this and I have pressed and held every button to try and get the pop-up-menu to give me the 'force-refresh' option but alas I fail.

Can anyone advise how to get the 'force-refresh' option using an Air Mouse please?

I also installed 'super-repo' and enabled several add-ons eg filmon, but everytime I try to open any of these add-ons I get an error message saying 'script failed' - any advice on how to fix this problem would also be appreciated.

Regards

Which version of xbmc are you running? There's an Android version called justxbmc that was designed by a developer on the freaktab forums that works almost perfectly, try that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi

I installed the one from this page under the Android Arm icon. Is this the wrong one?

http://xbmc.org/download/

Thanks

It's not the wrong one per se, but it hasn't been specifically designed with TV sticks in mind. Try this one and see how you get on. Uninstall the other one first so there's no no conflicts.

http://adf.ly/Zne5m

Thanks

What is the best way to install it. Do I install it directly onto the box from the website - eg the box is plugged into my TV. Or should I download it onto my laptop and then onto a memory stick and then connect the memory stick to the box. Or do i connect the box to my laptop?

Oh, is the one I linked to above, is that the best one for tablets then?

Thanks

You can just go to the site on your stick and then install it directly. Make sure unknown sources is ticked in security settings on the stick first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

With those devices you need to press the "C" letter to call the contextual menu. It equates to right click on xbmc.

Not obvious, I know, been there...

Thanks Gzoladz.

No, not obvious at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I found this guide useful when I set up Xbmc recently.
    www.makeuseof.com/pages/xbmc-full-html

Appreciated.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    It's not the wrong one per se, but it hasn't been specifically designed with TV sticks in mind. Try this one and see how you get on. Uninstall the other one first so there's no no conflicts.

So I installed this one and SuperRepo is empty and the 'c' key is not bringing up the refresh option.

• Advertisement

I can't help with superrepo as I tried it once and didn't like it at all because it very much took over my xbmc.

I actually prefer to manage my repos individually.

gzoladz wrote: »
    I can't help with superrepo as I tried it once and didn't like it at all because it very much took over my xbmc.

I actually prefer to manage my repos individually.

What do you mean, it took over your xbmc please?

And also what do you mean, manage my repos individually?

Sorry I am a totalnewbie to xbmc.

My bigger concern though is why can I not get the 'c' button to bring up the option to refresh.

It installed a lot of sources that I could not get rid of. This was about 1 year ago, I just didnt like it at all.

I linked fusion and install just the repos I want from there.

I dont know about that refresh option and how it works... all the C key does is to bring the contextual menu.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Would be grateful if anyone could recommend an:

'Expand Micro SD T-Flash(Maximum support 32GB)'

for this box please as I am having a little difficulty in understanding exactly what type of card is meant/needed.

Thank you

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2013chris

iba wrote: »
    Happy Christmas everyone.

Would be grateful if anyone could recommend an:

'Expand Micro SD T-Flash(Maximum support 32GB)'

for this box please as I am having a little difficulty in understanding exactly what type of card is meant/needed.

Thank you

Iba
    its just an sd card like you would put in your phone but max it will accept is 32 gig just put microsd into argos search you will see them or powercity might even be cheaper argos has 32 gig for 25 euro

2013chris wrote: »
    its just an sd card like you would put in your phone but max it will accept is 32 gig just put microsd into argos search you will see them or powercity might even be cheaper argos has 32 gig for 25 euro

Thanks for that. I just could not understand the language they were using.

Will be using mymemory.com or Amazon, much cheaper than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just wondering how you're finding the video quality when using XBMC on the MK908ii?

I got one for Christmas and have found that the framerate seems a little jittery on both local and streaming files when compared to XBMC on Apple TV for example.

I have seen some postings elsewhere suggesting that flashing a different ROM to the stick might help but would like to know if there any settings within XBMC itself that I should tinker with first?

griffdaddy wrote: »

Would be grateful if you could advise if there is any later versions to this justxbmc please and do you know which website/group develops it?

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently using justxbmc on my stick, downloaded from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yecgv460va08p3e/justXBMCv4.apk

which is version 4 and as you can see, from my last post, I have been looking for updates to this version.

I found this one and would be grateful if anyone could advise if it is an advancment on version 4 and worth installing:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1821061-JustXBMC-MXPlayer-Default-Video-Player-App-%28Requested-By-Popular-Demand%29-You-Got-It

I also just came across this one called Beyond Xbmc, anyone know if this is a better option than JustXBMC:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10139-Beyond-XBMC-%28Beta-3%29

Any advice/suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement