Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Shaktar Donetsk match thread. k/0 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wouldn't give a monkeys if results weren't going our way due to luck or whatever, but our play was good.. but christ.. my eyes hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Young gets paid around 60k a week and can't simply put the ball in the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    Forced to play Giggs and Jones? You kidding me? He chose to pick them.

Blaming the squad is a cop out for this level of performance.

Moyes doesn't know what he's doing. He should be gone. It's harsh but that's my honest belief.

Totally out of his depth

I'm sure we will talk about it on the fan thread :D

But come on now, there is a complete lack of quality options in that CM position : /

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'm going over to old Trafford to shoot young

Knowing him he would probably dive out of the way before you pull the trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

dmc17 wrote: »
    Maybe you could teach him how to shoot?

Might be an idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Ray Winstone would be good in defence. Good, hard tackler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ashley Young wow. He should be on a hat-trick. What an awful shot for his second chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Remember when the most uniteds fans had to worry about the midfield was carrick was passing sideways and backwards

Good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ashley Young wow. He should be on a hat-trick. What an awful shot for his second chance.

You'd think he would do everything in his power to prove himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Ashley Young is such a terrible player now it's not even funny.

He's not the only one not covering himself in glory tonight but my god, just take him off please.

I haven't seen a Utd team with such little confidence in over a decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

So this is what the scousers have been going through for the last 23 years.

Bad and all as we are I think we just need a confidence boost. The Everton game is really hurting us. We should have won 3-0 and it would have been a shot in the arm but losing that game has really knocked the stuffing out of us
    Lose this one and our confidence will be well and truly gone and god help us what will follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Shakhtar can mix it up, going down the wing or through the middle

It's outrageous that the only gameplan United have is to continuously give it to the wings to constantly cross it in

Young and Jan need to drift inside every second attack to mix it up instead of standing out wide all of the time, if Moyes has instructed them to stay out there he really hasn't a clue

It's only a matter of time before they score

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Young is reportedly on £90k per week. It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Zico wrote: »

No it's not. We were never as bad, honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Apparently he gets paid around £100k/week. Some reports say £120k.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Is Rooneys contract tied down yet?
    If not then that needs to be the #1 priority before any newcomers arrive.

If he leaves then UTD would be in big trouble imo.

as players go he looks the only hope for the type of player to build another squad around.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Is funny to think back and consider that two season ago David de Gea was considered the biggest weakness in this Man Utd side. He is now one of their only players they don't have to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Turgid stuff, very tough to watch

Is funny to think back and consider that two season ago David de Gea was considered the biggest weakness in this Man Utd side. He is now one of their only players they don't have to worry about

Judging on the way we're giving him the ball, we're expecting him to be a playmaker tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Blatter wrote: »
    Apparently he gets paid around £100k/week. Some reports say £120k.
    Well then that's baffling imo and if he can't produce anything in the 2nd half then he has to go.

Zico wrote: »

What? Qualifying for the knockout stages of the CL. We'd bite your arm off for it this season.

You've already qualified whilst playing terrible stuff. League form aside, you should be grateful for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I asked this before and was firmly denied, But was the money ever available for ferguson to rebuild ? or was he just spouting it by saying he has whatever money is necessary. Im not even sure the Glazers were giving him money to fix the problems before he left.

Looking incredibly empty pockets presently.

Why did chiles call Moyes Sir Alex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

The guy on ITV just called Moyes 'Sir Alex' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Well Keano and Dixon ripped into them. Nobody can argue with it either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

At the same time he was developed into a European Elite goalkeeper, lets keep the "crisis" analogies somewhat on point

Ryan giggs playing CM at 40 is pretty much the singular most pinpoint failure of the club imo. And I say club.

We have fluffed most transfer windows since probably Carrick has signed, I can't remember a good window, and the only wow one was RVPs signing.

Ferguson had a "no value in the market" attitude, hopefully Moyes recognises if you want the best, you pay big bucks. Its about time we start getting back to the old days of smashing transfer records and comeptiting for the best signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Very poor first half again. No intensity or cohesion.

Ferdinand has been awful. All over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Is Rooneys contract tied down yet?
    If not then that needs to be the #1 priority before any newcomers arrive.

If he leaves then UTD would be in big trouble imo.

as players go he looks the only hope for the type of player to build another squad around.

No it's not and the longer this goes on the more chance of him leaving in the summer.

Something has to change sooner rather than later, not just to encourage Rooney to stay but for the good of Manchester United.

I won't hold my breath.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    I asked this before and was firmly denied, But was the money ever available for ferguson to rebuild ? or was he just spouting it by saying he has whatever money is necessary. Im not even sure the Glazers were giving him money to fix the problems before he left.

That's a thread of its own right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Well facts are facts. There may have been less money than made out, but truth is Ferguson splashed quite an amount on players (some for areas of the team already well stocked) and ignored key areas that weren't (i.e. Midfield)

Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Alexander Buttner and if reports are to be believed, going for players like Eden Hazard, Lucas Moura etc, then money was available and he was backed by good wages too (see Young's reportedly huge pay packet of approx £100k per week)

With regards to Rooneys contract its starting to look like he agreed to one more year and then he would be sold.

No it's not and the longer this goes on the more chance of him leaving in the summer.

Something has to change sooner rather than later, not just to encourage Rooney to stay but for the good of Manchester United.

I won't hold my breath.

Tbh I think Rooney is and has always been more concerned with £££ rather than being in a team winning trophies.

I can see him staying if United offer him enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

I won't hold my breath.

At least the keane/viera documentary looks good....

No changes made.

• Advertisement

Keano spot on with everything he's said about us at half-time.

On Ashley Young's miss: 'It sums up his time at United - just not good enough.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gundogan and Sneijder in January.

They will cost about 300k in wages especially as Gundogan is only on about 25k and will want his payday....but I think it will happen as the transfer fees will only be about 30 million combined....which is a bargain. Giggs in midfield is ridiculous and everyone and their mother can see it.

n32 wrote: »
    With regards to Rooneys contract its starting to look like he agreed to one more year and then he would be sold.

Not sure - A couple of weeks ago Moyes said that contract talks will happen.

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Very poor first half again. No intensity or cohesion.

Ferdinand, Giggs, Rafael, Januzaj, Young have been awful. All over the place.

They sure have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Hopefully Moyes gave every single player the hairdryer.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Blatter wrote: »
    Tbh I think Rooney is and has always been more concerned with £££ rather than being in a team winning trophies.

I can see him staying if United offer him enough.

Enough?? ....ain't he one of the best paid in the PL.

like 200k best ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Looks like more of the same from young

Why not play Young on the right and Jan on the left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There seems to be a growing opinion that this Utd squad needs rebuilding and it's just not true IMO. The midfield has needed addressing the last 3 or so years, everyone knows that and Evra needs replacing but the bad state of the squad is hugely exaggerated.

I know a lot on here think I'm being very harsh and knee jerky about calling for Moyes head in the last 10 days or so but I think too many people are making excuses for Moyes that simply aren't true.

Lucky again not to have scored..

If I was a non Utd fan I'd be putting a tenner on Shakhtar

Having Jan ahead of you as a full back must be a similar experience to having Ronaldo ahead of you as a full back..........with less then half the ability obviously

We are shocking

Soo unlucky. If Shacktar don't won this they will be sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Should be about 4 -2 to Shakter.
    Woeful finishing by both teams.

Pen.Island wrote: »
    Why not play Young on the right and Jan on the left!

Jan is more comfortable right or central

Id love to nut Young

• Advertisement
Advertisement