Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Garrages

Options
  • 10-12-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Howdy
    Where do y'all get your cars fixed.
    i need to get some brake pads done.

Cheers
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    Howdy
    Where do y'all get your cars fixed.
    i need to get some brake pads done.

Cheers
    G

Brake pads are done in my driveway ;)

If you check the useful numbers at the top of the forum you'll get a list of garages. Grove Motors in Newtown and Evans are usually recommended

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

RosieJoe wrote: »
    If you check the useful numbers at the top of the forum you'll get a list of garages. Grove Motors in Newtown and Evans are usually recommended

I was very disappointed with the "service" I received at Rodney Evans.
    Would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭stilltryingit

Davis brothers have always been reliable and reasonable too

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wayne_M

Davis brothers have always been reliable and reasonable too

+1 on Davis Bros - always found them very good. Honest and Reasonable - can't ask for much more in a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

I have always been pleased with Hills. I haven't shopped around so they may not be the cheapest but I have always felt they have been straight up with me rather than up-selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

I hope OP does not mind if I swerve the thread a little.
    Where is there a good local garage for minor crash repairs - paintwork and dented doors type of thing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

Have used Shane O'Brien in Kilcoole before for minor crash repairs and was very happy with price and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Went to hills once, I've been using Davis bros ever since. Just at the dart bridge behind latouche wines.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

I've found Noel Byrne to be very honest and reasonable. He'll even show you the worn parts he takes out of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Have used Whytes Motors in Kilpedder a couple of times and found them good and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

We always found Evans to be decent and reliable. Also Lloyds in Delgany - tells it as it is and doesn't embellish it for the sake of it. By coincidence had his work and opinion commented on by a relative who is in the motor industry, down the country, so we had his genuineness confirmed quite by chance! Reassuring to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

For all of them , get a price first. Never hand a car over without them giving you an indication of what it will cost.

Also, people discount the main dealers. However many of them are way more competitive than you think. They'll also use genuine parts and have the diagnostic equipment relevant to their brand. This often leads to a quicker resolution of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭liamos43

For paintwork and dents - Paddy O Toole in Newtownmountkennedy - must be the cheapest in the world ! His garage wont win the tidy garage competition but price wise and quality of work is fine ...phone no 281 9547. For brake pads etc it must be Noel Byrne and unlike the last garage , you could eat your dinner off the floor in Noel Byrnes ...phone no087 681 2550. I use both these garages and will continue to do so.

Advertisement