Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSYCHOTHERAPY COUNSELLING TAX BACK

Options
  • 10-12-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I sent a Med 1 form into Revenue as I had some large expenses for Psychotherapist Counselling
    I received a letter back from Revenue to indicate that this expense was not allowable as the person providing the Psychotherapy was not a registered practitioner. It would appear as if the only person qualified (for tax purposes) to provide this service would be a Medic, a Psychiatrist or a registered Psychologist . I checked the Revenue site and it would seem that they do not provide tax relief on this expense where the practitioner is not registered with the Dept of Health. I am attending a Psychiatrist, and on his advice I attend counselling , I informed Revenue of this . The service was provided by a member of the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy , who has considerable experience and qualifications in the area.
    I also notice that the Ombudsman has sent a submission to the Dept of health re the anomaly that relief is not available (where a person is not registered) in the area .
    Has any person experience or advice in this area.

Comments

Advertisement