Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Wireless inertia sensor

Options
  • 10-12-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All

I have installed a Quantum 70 Wirless alarm, and I am trying to use the wired alarm contact in one of the RF inertia sensor.

I have wired it and the circuit is ok, but it does not activate the alarm.

Anybody ever played around with one of these?

Cheers

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You cannot wire an inertia into the RF reed that comes with the kit . You can only wire them into the RF reed/inertia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

GCR wrote: »
    Hi All

I have installed a Quantum 70 Wirless alarm, and I am trying to use the wired alarm contact in one of the RF inertia sensor.

I have wired it and the circuit is ok, but it does not activate the alarm.

Anybody ever played around with one of these?

Cheers

G

Have you wired it into the alarm/tamper terminals located in the bottom of the sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GCR

Hi Lads

Cheers for the reply
    Evolution1 wrote: »
    You cannot wire an inertia into the RF reed that comes with the kit . You can only wire them into the RF reed/inertia.

Yes I am trying it on a RF reed/inertia.
    altor wrote: »
    Have you wired it into the alarm/tamper terminals located in the bottom of the sensor?

I have connected into the alarm terminals, and I have left the link in the tamper terminals.

I have tried it on a different RF reed/inertia and it was the same. Activating with the magnet works, but wiring into the alarm terminals at the bottom does not trigger the alarm.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Remove the wired sensor from the RF and leave the link out.
    Does this show the sensor now open at the panel?
    If so you may have the wrong cable from the wired sensor going to the alarm terminals of the RF sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pintszab

Hi i am having similar issues. i am trying to connect a wired inertia/mc sensor to a wireless inertia/mc sensor and then to the panel wirelessly. Is it possible to wire the wired sensor with resistors or it must be the normal wiring? Also how can the wired sensor that is connected to the wireless sensor be identified in the system? Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement