Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years In cork City

Options
  • 10-12-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any good places/idea's

Most places are jointed.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

obligatory "anywhere but the city centre" answer

Seriously though , What age group are we talking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

28-30 i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Never really have a good night out every new years eve.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

most pubs worth going to will be full by 8pm.
    If you absolutely have to go into town , The Voodoo Rooms , Crane Lane (again be there by 8pm at the latest) , The Mutton Lane - if you can get a seat.

Can you see the pattern ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

soooo are suggesting that one should be in the pub by 8pm

You wanna tell my woman that. she will need to get ready at 8am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

horgan_p wrote: »
    If you absolutely have to go into town , The Voodoo Rooms , Crane Lane (again be there by 8pm at the latest) , The Mutton Lane - if you can get a seat.

Crane Lane has a gig on that'll cost €15 quid by a very non-party type band. They also playing BDSM in a dj set after though, so it'll be over by midnight. Don't know if they will let non-ticket holders in till after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

blarney street the river lane bar its going to a legend of a night but do not tell anyone that i let it slip here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I can't think of any greater hell than crane lane on NYE!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

horgan_p wrote: »

You wont be able to breathe in any of these 3 spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Mushy wrote: »
    Crane Lane has a gig on that'll cost €15 quid by a very non-party type band. They also playing BDSM in a dj set after though, so it'll be over by midnight. Don't know if they will let non-ticket holders in till after that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_So_I_Watch_You_from_Afar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Tom Barrys

cantdecide wrote: »

I know, I may be in attendance myself. Can just imagine non-ticket holders being put off if they hear the racket that those lads will bring. Might just go Opera House then home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HondaLuc

Do yourself a favour, stay at home biy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Mushy wrote: »
    I know, I may be in attendance myself. Can just imagine non-ticket holders being put off if they hear the racket that those lads will bring. Might just go Opera House then home though.

To be fair, The Crane lane have 3 bars with 3 different styles of music. They won't pump ASIWYFA through the whole place I would think.

To be fair, The Crane lane have 3 bars with 3 different styles of music. They won't pump ASIWYFA through the whole place I would think.

They'll be playing live though. It'd be finished by midnight anyway. Does much happen in the opera house on NYE when there's a gig on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

House party all the way..anywhere in the city will just be a let-down!!

Advertisement