Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV licence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Didnt plan on being let go, doubt many people do!

Read up about it anyway, €200 for early cancellation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

ouch...tough times...sorry to hear that...to be honest 200 squid could be worse...its a years contract..could have cost a bunch more. TV licence is a tougher one. Are you sure previous residents didnt have one at that address. You could say you shared with them so it was a continous licence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

ouch...tough times...sorry to hear that...to be honest 200 squid could be worse...its a years contract..could have cost a bunch more. TV licence is a tougher one. Are you sure previous residents didnt have one at that address. You could say you shared with them so it was a continous licence ;)

Haven't a clue to be honest. Never met the previous tenants, would have been handy though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

You can pay for a tv license on a monthly basis. I did this a few years ago when times were particularly tough for me financially. Granted this was a prospective payment rather than a retrospective payment. However, if you don't have the money to pay it all up front you don't have it and I'm sure some sort of accomodation will be reached.

With regard to UPC you will have to write to them one month in advance of when you'd like to have the service cancelled.
    When I moved from my house I emailed UPC on date X to tell them I no longer required the service and cancelled the direct debit. They didn't stop the service (I noticed this because I had to go back to the house a day or so into the new month to retrieve a few outstanding belongings) which was on them but they tried to charge me regardless. Naturally the DD was returned unpaid and then the tried to set debt collectors on me:eek:
    Got it sorted out and they acknowledged they were in the wrong but it was an unpleasent experience regardless.
    OP make sure you write to them and give a full months notice.

Advertisement