Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronan Mullen Fundraiser. (come for the nuns!)

• 10-12-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that Ronan Mullen sent an email to everyone in college (ITB), where I've just discovered he lectures. My dinner's just not sitting right, now. Burrpp!

This is the first time I've received any sort of invitation to a political fundraiser, and it turns out to be in aid of the aspirations of a catholic, sleeveen, poisonous asp. Maybe Caroline Simons, Declan Ganley or Sr Assumpta will be there. Christ!

Here's the mail:
    Dear friends

I hope this finds you well, and that you don’t mind receiving this invitation. I am organising an evening of entertainment, good company and friendship in the Alexander Hotel on Thursday night week, 19th December. You will be very welcome.

As you may know, I will be an Independent candidate in the European Elections next year for the Midlands-North-West constituency. I have a mountain to climb to fundraise for this so forgive me that this particular Christmas reception is also a fundraising event. It will still be fun though!

(Re the European campaign, please let me know if you’d like to hear more and I’ll update you separately. I’d be grateful for any support from the ITB side. It’s a large constituency of 15 counties – Meath, Louth, Kildare, Longford, Westmeath, Laois, Offaly and the Connacht-Ulster counties.)

Fundraiser details:
    Venue- Alexander Hotel, Fenian St., Dublin 2
    Date- Thursday, 19th December 2013
    Time- 8 p.m.
    Admission- €20 per person

I would be very grateful if you would consider coming along and bringing as many of your friends and family as possible. The entrance fee is €20 per person. Any additional donation people care to make will also be lodged to the campaign account, and carefully spent, but I realise that people have a lot of commitments at this time.

Some people have donated to my campaign already. I’ll be happy to send you a complimentary ticket for the event if you could just email me beforehand.

We’ll have finger-food and good céilí music (loud enough to enjoy, low enough to allow you to chat and mingle).

Please respond to ronan.mullen@itb.ie by Monday 16th December to say whether you can come and whom you intend to bring so that we can set up the room and refreshments properly.

I look forward to seeing you on the night if you can make it. Thanks for reading this. Le mile buíochas,

Rónán Mullen

He has been explicit on the €20/ person, so I don't envisage any group deals. But not to worry, it will be "carefully spent", trudging on women's rights and the rights of the LGBT community. And anything else he deems to be 'The dark Lord's work'.

What type of crowd will be at this sad gathering? God it's depressing.

Here's an interesting photo of Ronan, Ganley and LORD David Alton no less, on their pilgrimage up Croagh Patrick.
    From Wiki:
    Alton has been appointed to two Roman Catholic orders of chivalry; he is a Knight Commander of Merit of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George (2003) and a Knight Commander of the Order of St. Gregory the Great (2008)

I'd say there was some craic up that mountain. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I am organising an evening of entertainment, good company and
    friendship

An oxymoron. Fancy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Will the rest of the inbetweeners be there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, you've just utterly ruined that series for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

He's like a religious version of Father Dougal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I know someone who went to secondary school with him and they were telling me they had got a letter from Ronan in the post recently looking for a €1000 donation. I think he said that Ronan was looking to raise €200,000 to run an effective campaign.

The fella in question thought it was hilarious as in his own words there was no way in hell he would be giving money to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is he allowed (ab)use the facilities of the college like that to spam people?

Has anyone put in a complaint? (hint, hint)

Also, LOL at the rainbow just behind the three amigos in that pic :pac:

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement