Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TIPS ONLY THREAD - No discussion - see first post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Motivator wrote: »
    Carrigmoorna Rock runs tomorrow evening at clonmel. It was entered in the mares maiden tonight at Sligo but is entered tomorrow also. Tyner told the owners it would win whichever race it goes in. Hopefully it will be a decent price tomorrow.

Great shout motivator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

Carrigmoorna Rock runs tomorrow evening at clonmel. It was entered in the mares maiden tonight at Sligo but is entered tomorrow also. Tyner told the owners it would win whichever race it goes in. Hopefully it will be a decent price tomorrow.

Cheers man,nice wedge of cash just won down my neck d woods on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

pablo24 wrote: »
    Ridestan in clonmel at 6.50 fancied to win I was told at 14/1 this morning

You absolute hero! That's 3 wins today from this thread. Thanks all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Nooooooooo came here too late :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Feck me, piles of winners today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Nice to hear a few of you backed it, I made a bit of a mistake I fancied 3 horses today & never put them together. All 3 won so I can't complain too much but the treble paid 2,600 for €50. Socked to say the least but I've had a decent day. The brother is in Clonmel he said there's a lot of talk for Flynns in the last if that's any good to ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Nooooooooo came here too late :(

Me too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jaysis

jawdrop.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jaysis

jawdrop.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Cheers motivator and Bangor billy. Had a sneaky double.

Missed the hogan winner though. Still nice profit.

Superb tipping all round.

Threads on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

You absolute hero! That's 3 wins today from this thread. Thanks all:)

No bother lad,had a score at 12s so not bad goin!! Hope a lot of ye got on!!

Shantou Shine supposed to be in with a squeak at 8:30 after running disappointing last time out,backed it at 12s earlier,wouldn be anywhere near as confident word as I got for hogans but might be worth a small few quid each way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fair play for sharing, didn't back it but watched it, won very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Great tipping lads

missed the lot

I ain't leaving the feckin house tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice to hear a few of you backed it, I made a bit of a mistake I fancied 3 horses today & never put them together. All 3 won so I can't complain too much but the treble paid 2,600 for €50. Socked to say the least but I've had a decent day. The brother is in Clonmel he said there's a lot of talk for Flynns in the last if that's any good to ye!

Unreal stuff Motivator, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The brother is in Clonmel he said there's a lot of talk for Flynns in the last if that's any good to ye!

Thanks for that
    looked the winner a long way out
    finally got onto one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

The gift that just keeps giving! Cheers my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You got a wheelbarrow I can borrow?

Got 4/1 - After missing earlier - wasn't going to miss that one!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Great stuff lads, in future I may have more confidence and do straight bets instead of insurabets!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

And yet another winner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Great day at the office. Thanks all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The brother is in Clonmel he said there's a lot of talk for Flynns in the last if that's any good to ye!

Thank you , again. That's 4 tips put up and the 4 hit the bulls eye. Not sure that will be bettered. Got 2 of them. Thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah jesus, I missed out on a lot here today! Only backed 1 of the winners. GREAT going lads.

No bother lad,had a score at 12s so not bad goin!! Hope a lot of ye got on!!

Shantou Shine supposed to be in with a squeak at 8:30 after running disappointing last time out,backed it at 12s earlier,wouldn be anywhere near as confident word as I got for hogans but might be worth a small few quid each way!

Great call in the bumper aswell in fairness lads,shantou shine works out at a nice 2/1 after considering the losing win stake through finishing second at 12/1,word wasn too bad for that after either!! Great day! :)

Right my fellow punters I think I have this sussed.

My tip:
    Anytime my wife drags me off shopping for the day and tips appear in this thread weigh in.
    Yesterday (just as before) I had the dilemma of choosing between fùcking "Silver Moonlight" and poxy "Evening Breath" paint for my kitchen. It took an hour for her to decide. So that's an hour to and from the paint shop, deciding on the colour then choosing the curtains to match was another few hours.
    This was followed by another couple of fûcking hours dwelling over cushion fabric so it would match.
    Exciting stuff no?
    In the meantime several tips posted here were busy flying home at tasty odds. And I missed them all. Sweet holy mother devine Jaysus I love my wife so much.....

She cant understand why I'm not speaking to her this morning. She probably thinks I wanted Silver Fûcking Moonlight.

My plan so is to post here next time out shopping with her. And that gentlemen, will be the cue to weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Went to bookies after work with a view to backing hogans horses in a treble as i seen the money flying on especially ridestan, looked to of weakened abit thought to myself been burned before with hogans running stinkers, on the plus side the treble was beaten by a 3/4 of a length that would have been a pain in the hole, silver linings eh or clutching at straws maybe:(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

"Silver Moonlight".......sounds wonderful....would be a great name for a horse.
    "Evening Breath" dunno about you but I wouldn,t be puttin that on me walls unless
    you like the smell of stale stout and Batterburgers.

Got a bit of word for apache gold in cork at 7.35,not as solid as yesterday but gone from 10s into 6s anyway,but wouldn go too heavy in such a big field either,only have 20 on at 7s myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Got a bit of word for apache gold in cork at 7.35,not as solid as yesterday but gone from 10s into 6s anyway,but wouldn go too heavy in such a big field either,only have 20 on at 7s myself

thanks for the mention hes actually 8/1 with two books so hes not really into 6s one book doesnt make a market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

I've been following this thread and I reckon the best value is in the smaller races I fancy the 8:05 Cork Castle Rock its at 4/1now likes soft ground and is from Rock of Gibraltar the only other threat I see to this horse is Edge of Sanity but I'm pulled more towards Castle Rock as its using a tongue strap today.

manafana wrote: »
    thanks for the mention hes actually 8/1 with two books so hes not really into 6s one book doesnt make a market

Ya that's with 888 and some other English firm which I do not have an account with and I presume most others here don't either,has gone from 6s after opening up at 10s in a number of bookies,the majority of the market is in around 6/1 so yes 1 book does not make a market ðŸ˜

In any case I don't have much interest in arguing over small details I just got word the horse is fancied so soad Id share it in case it obliges like I did yesterday, Ive since gotten word for another horse in cork, blackstone in the 6.35, again Im not as sure about the source as Yesterday but is at around 6/1 aswell I think,but u can check that Im sure! 😠ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Ya that's with 888 and some other English firm which I do not have an account with and I presume most others here don't either,has gone from 6s after opening up at 10s in a number of bookies,the majority of the market is in around 6/1 so yes 1 book does not make a market ðŸ˜

In any case I don't have much interest in arguing over small details I just got word the horse is fancied so soad Id share it in case it obliges like I did yesterday, Ive since gotten word for another horse in cork, blackstone in the 6.35, again Im not as sure about the source as Yesterday but is at around 6/1 aswell I think,but u can check that Im sure! 😠ha ha

8/1 bet365 one of major players most are 7/1

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I'd be cautious here. I know the owner & they fancy it every time it runs. There's been a lot of money for it the last 3 times it has ran. They think the horse is a lot better than it probably is, I'm not saying don't back it but be careful because the owner tends to back it blindly & tell everyone who will listen that it will win.

In saying all this, I hope he wins for ye lads!

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I'd be cautious here. I know the owner & they fancy it every time it runs. There's been a lot of money for it the last 3 times it has ran. They think the horse is a lot better than it probably is, I'm not saying don't back it but be careful because the owner tends to back it blindly & tell everyone who will listen that it will win.

In saying all this, I hope he wins for ye lads!

Cheers motivator, wish Id known that before I got on!! Here's hoping anyway!

manafana wrote: »
    8/1 bet365 one of major players most are 7/1

When I last checked earlier they were those prices but can see the majority are goin 7s now alright,lucky you having the time on your hands lad...in any case with motivators info I wouldn be as keen anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Did him each way, ladbrokes paying 5 places in shops

GerPower wrote: »
    I've been following this thread and I reckon the best value is in the smaller races I fancy the 8:05 Cork Castle Rock its at 4/1now likes soft ground and is from Rock of Gibraltar the only other threat I see to this horse is Edge of Sanity but I'm pulled more towards Castle Rock as its using a tongue strap today.

This is a tips thread,not a fancys thread

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

This is a tips thread,not a fancys thread

I suggest you read the racing post and the term tip isn't anything more than a fancy unless you get a banker with a lot of inside knowledge but lets wait for the results and then you can be negative with your comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

No ger he is right. If it's just your fancy place it in the daily thread such as here and that's irregardless of the result

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057215651

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Weld's, Silwana expected to win, 8.35 Cork. 2/1. Word from those involved.

GerPower wrote: »
    I suggest you read the racing post and the term tip isn't anything more than a fancy unless you get a banker with a lot of inside knowledge but lets wait for the results and then you can be negative with your comments.

I hope he wins for ya,in here a tip is owner told me or my mate knows the trainer,etc etc,not being negative,apologies if it came across like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Both placed. Good work again! Ew singles and double to win another few pints for the weekend

shmeee wrote: »
    Weld's, Silwana expected to win, 8.35 Cork. 2/1. Word from those involved.

Seems to be strong market opposition to this one :confused::confused:

abarkie wrote: »

Late money for the winner. Weld's money was down 11/4 into 7/4 throughout the day.

Pity, sorry lads.

• Advertisement

Late money for the winner. Weld's money was down 11/4 into 7/4 throughout the day.

Pity, sorry lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

All the money was for O' Brien's. Weld's drifted out to nearly 4/1 on Betfair

I apologise to everyone for what I said about that horse in Cork earlier. I shouldn't have said anything regarding the horse & I probably put people off backing it which I had no right to do. All I wanted to do was make people aware of what could be perceived to be false information in the past regarding the horse. To those who backed it, unlucky! The wife & a few others had it backed in work she wasn't best pleased when she got in the door. Possibly have a horse for Sunday which I hope will make it up to ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I apologise to everyone for what I said about that horse in Cork earlier. I shouldn't have said anything regarding the horse & I probably put people off backing it which I had no right to do. All I wanted to do was make people aware of what could be perceived to be false information in the past regarding the horse. To those who backed it, unlucky! The wife & a few others had it backed in work she wasn't best pleased when she got in the door. Possibly have a horse for Sunday which I hope will make it up to ye.

No worries man we are all adults here and able to make our own decisions. Fwiw i backed him e/w :D

Both placed. Good work again! Ew singles and double to win another few pints for the weekend

Ya both very unlucky in different ways,Im as sick as a cats ass I backed him in boyles cos twas money back 2nd in powers...glad I can provide a winner or 2 along with a few places,keep up the good work lads great stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement