Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TIPS ONLY THREAD - No discussion - see first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Refused to go in the stalls... maybe a blessing in disguise

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Motivator wrote: »
    One to keep an eye on tomorrow is Lager Time in the 3.30 at Bath. David Evans said after his win the other day that he'd win under a penalty the next time with a claimer on board. He's running tomorrow a week after landing a huge gamble & tomorrow's another big day if Evans is true to his word. His stable has been known to land a few touches over the years so I'd be willing to back him early in the morning but not if he's punted like last week. He's 15/2 with VC but only 5/1 with powers. Work keeping an eye on in the morning.

Guess it is the last we will be seeing of that particular monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ah well, I'll take my money back please PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Will I get my money back,seeing he didn't run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

bassy wrote: »

Of course you will. No issues there at all. Horse goes into the book as a NR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

bassy wrote: »

Yes. thanks be to God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

And all of the Angels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

CH3OH wrote: »
    Refused to go in the stalls... maybe a blessing in disguise

There was serious money made punting this horse on its last run. Stable money plus owners in the stable were told to back it. Sometimes with these gambles, you can be late to arrive to the party so I'd tend to agree with your latter point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Maybe Its me but this site is gone in a big way.The brains are not posting any more its now with fools Imo.Gone for good Sting says bye bye .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

sting60 wrote: »
    Maybe Its me but this site is gone in a big way.The brains are not posting any more its now with fools Imo.Gone for good Sting says bye bye .

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Why is this posted in the tips thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Got word for Jackie Ellis in 8.00 Fairyhouse, not sure how good info is, but am told it's strongly fancied by stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

you clearly didn't use your brain before you posted here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Disappointed we didn't get a run but at least we know he was fancied & we get our cash back. According to Evans he's a decent animal but he's just a bit quirky & he downs tools if he isn't happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Interesting one, although somewhat OT.

Sharestan was 5/2 this morning I think, which means B365 would have made him 1/4 or 2/7 "not to win" in the extra racing markets.
    If I took the 5/2, I would be subject to a Rule 4 on account of the withdrawals, grand. If I took a stab on "place only" (this race is a bad example, but just to help get a question across), again they would be subject to Rule 4's.

Would they amend the "not to win" returns? Sharestan is now 5/6 to win/not to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Got word for Jackie Ellis in 8.00 Fairyhouse, not sure how good info is, but am told it's strongly fancied by stable.

A close second, thought he had it near the end, thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

JR23 wrote: »
    A close second, thought he had it near the end, thanks for the tip!

Not overly impressed with Joseph O'Brien TBH, thought he stopped riding in last 25 yards just as he seemed to be getting upper hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

Money back if you backed him in powers, think it's shop only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Not overly impressed with Joseph O'Brien TBH, thought he stopped riding in last 25 yards just as he seemed to be getting upper hand.

Could explain why he lost a bit of ground near the finish!

• Advertisement

winner clearly had the upper hand there
    o brien threw the kitchen sink at him, horse just wasnt good enough

Was told by a good source to have a few quid ew on Princess Aloof in the 8.30 Down Royal .. around 14/1 with Powers at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

The owners expect Theatre Queen to win tonight (7.20 Stratford) and are backing her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Was told that the local owners of Vosne Romanee have had this horse laid out for the 5:00 at Newcastle for quite some time. A lot of money is already down for it, but there is still 3/1 available. Tip comes from a source that gets it right at least 50% of the time and picks horses at odds of greater than 2/1 usually...

Was told that the local owners of Vosne Romanee have had this horse laid out for the 5:00 at Newcastle for quite some time. A lot of money is already down for it, but there is still 3/1 available. Tip comes from a source that gets it right at least 50% of the time and picks horses at odds of greater than 2/1 usually...
    Ugh, 2nd. A total outsider came and won the race easy. If I had a duck, it would drown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Ugh, 2nd. A total outsider came and won the race easy. If I had a duck, it would drown.

No worries keep them coming!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

The owners expect Theatre Queen to win tonight (7.20 Stratford) and are backing her.

Legend! Thanks mate.

Very nice Billy. Thanks for that. Great front running ride

Cheers man!

• Advertisement

Cheers man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Good start to the w/e right there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Nice one bangor. Went in big just got me out of a hole.

thanks billy
    great race, queued up to challenge but she fought
    them all off

thread on fire lately
    it's just great to be on horses that are trying if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigwil

well done bangor. Had word for zeus magic 8.45 already backed fly solo better do r/f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Not exactly a great priced tip but was told Fennis Moll should hack up in the last at Tramore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Was told by a good source to have a few quid ew on Princess Aloof in the 8.30 Down Royal .. around 14/1 with Powers at the moment

Looks like some new starting stalls are required at Down Royal :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Down a fortune to that fav in the last

Apologies lads.. That fecking around at the start didn't help.. Sorry again

Down a fortune to that fav in the last
    I feel your pain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Was told Pat Flynn's stable fancy themselves to win the first 3 races at Tramore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Was told Pat Flynn's stable fancy themselves to win the first 3 races at Tramore.

Word for kims dreams in the 3rd race in tramore aswel 8/1 into 5/1 at the moment. Will love the ground I am told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Days Ahead 14-1 3.20
    Owner has money on. He said to go a small ew,not to go mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Redwood Mick won last night in Newbridge Cox Cup, beating the track record.
    He is available @66/1 with some bookies for the Irish Greyhound Derby, very good value.

cox cup semis

oddschecker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 phil mccavity

Days Ahead 14-1 3.20
    Owner has money on. He said to go a small ew,not to go mad.

You know the trainers wife owns it ? Which normally means the trainer owns it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Word for kims dreams in the 3rd race in tramore aswel 8/1 into 5/1 at the moment. Will love the ground I am told

So near, just got ran out of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

3rd :(

jkelly85 wrote: »
    2nd :(
    Good run for your money at least.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    7/2 winner in the last, avoided the first short priced favourite, so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You know the trainers wife owns it ? Which normally means the trainer owns it

There is another person involved in it too. He has his share.
    Ran well,but no place. The info was good I assure you.
    And it tried very hard to run on, went from virtually last to 4th ,picking them off one by one. I feel it lost it at start, you need to be in from group. It started slowly,while front group went off at a good pace.
    It will win a race soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

16.50 Listowel - ferris bueller each way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement