Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake coral cert

Options
  • 10-12-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

To return a fake coral necklace, I need a document from some shop to say that it is immitation. I can see it myself, that under magnifying glass, it doesn't have the typical coral growth rings. But the seller refuses to acknowledge.

Can you please recommend someone close to Clontarf who could do this with a moderate fee?

Thanks and Best Regards.

Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I think you're looking for a gemologist, you can find them in some of the quality jewellers.
    A number of names pop up when you do a web search.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could send it to the guy linked below.

He is a gemmologist, and lectures in gemmology in NUIG. He also does valuations for a large number of RJI and independent jewellery shops around the country, and is well known in the jewellery trade.

http://www.jewelleryvaluationsireland.ie/

No matter who you go to, get a price on getting it done first; the costs may well end up being higher than the price of the item.

Advertisement