Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get a speed peeler?

Options
  • 10-12-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, my trusty lidl ceramic speed peeler snapped and really struggling with the old style yoke. Anyone know of any of the major chains selling these (steel or ceramic)?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I don't know exactly what you mean by a sped peeler, but I was buying a peeler recently and homestore and more had a huge range of different styles of peelers.

Im a fan of the oxo one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

A speed peeler is a peeler with the blade perpendicular to the shaft - you just pull the peeler in the direction you want pared, as opposed to the bog standard peeler with the blade in line with the handle.

Homecare and more are indeed the sort of place to stock such gizmos - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

souter wrote: »
    A speed peeler is a peeler with the blade perpendicular to the shaft - you just pull the peeler in the direction you want pared, as opposed to the bog standard peeler with the blade in line with the handle.

Homecare and more are indeed the sort of place to stock such gizmos - thanks

homestore have loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you mean one of these peelers? This is the only style I would buy. Generally available in any large grocery store etc

vegetable-fruits-peeler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i got the oxo one on amazon a few months ago and it's great.

it will happily peel even turnip and squash with almost no effort at all and spuds are a breeze.

only downside is that it is so sharp that it will also happily peel skin and fingernails if you slip (which i found out the hard way!), so you really do need to be careful with it! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement