Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange issue with ups, where do i stand?

Options
  • 10-12-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

i recently purchased some clothes off a website who uses ups to ship the goods

they operate a free returns policy where a pre paid shipping label is enclosed so that all is required is basically hand it back to ups

i had to return some items (500 euro worth of merchandise) so i dropped the package monday morning to the ups depot in finglas, got the receipt signed and that was that

later last night i checked the status and there was no info on the package so i got a bit suspicious because it wasn't normal

i went asking for info back today and i was told that the guy 'forgot' to scan the package and it wasn't there anymore, so it must have been sent.

this seems very fishy to me, they are basically saying that they forgot to scan it after taking it in and also before sending it.

they told me to wait until it shows up in the uk (thats where a distribution centre is) but from previous experience, it should have been received there already and of course there is still no info on the site.

i start to believe that someone opened the box, saw something they liked and 'forgot' to scan the box

ups said to come back if nothing appears and they ll start an investigation which i know can take months

the question is where do i stand on this? i obviously contacted the retailer and complained since after all the contract is between them and ups, not me and ups. but what happens if the retailers fobs me off? after all there is no mention that the package was shipped at all, its not as if it got lost in transit

is a credit card chargeback option at this stage of the transaction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Treat the signed receipt like gold. Keep it safe. It might come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

ken wrote: »
    Treat the signed receipt like gold. Keep it safe. It might come in handy.

that's for sure!

update

the package showed up on the system magically 3 days after sending it

it reached the customer service who now refunded me for all items except one, a very expensive jacket. in fact the most expensive item in there ( what a coincidence)

so what do i do if an item has been nicked from the box?

I have contacted customer services and i am waiting for a reply

I shouldn't be out of pocket for something like this right?

I am very annoyed at the whole thing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Chances are you'll need to claim it against UPC directly; the store has no control or way to check what you put into the box after all.

on the receipt that ups signed it clearly states that ups has no responsibility towards me. only its client ( the retailer) may claim damages in case of loss, lateness or damage

so that is not an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

The relevant ComReg decision says that the sender or the addressee may claim.

Advertisement