Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only one house in my estate is fiber-enabled

Options
  • 10-12-2013 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi there, I was talking to an Eircom rep. on Firday and he was asking if I wanted to pre-order eFiber broadband with Eircom. I told we don't even have a VDSL cabinet in our estate. He came back to my house later and said he was on the phone to someone and it was connected to cabinet 21.

He also said 2 houses ordered 70 mb with them and showed me one of the addresses. I decided to see which house it wss and it turns out to be a childhood friend's house, but I haven't talked to him in a few years and recently his mother passed away, so it would be a bit inappropriate if I randomly started talking to him about broadband after all these years.

Anyway, I put his address in the line checker for eFiber and it said it's not in an eFiber-enabled area. So, I looked up his parents' landline number in the phone book and put it into the Eircom website. Sure enough, they can get "up to 70mb". So I tried mine and nothing - neither number or address works. I then tried other numbers and addresses from my estate - particularly ones located near my friend's house - and nothing.

So, how come one house can eFiber when it doesn't seem to be available for everyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi there, I was talking to an Eircom rep. on Firday and he was asking if I wanted to pre-order eFiber broadband with Eircom. I told we don't even have a VDSL cabinet in our estate. He came back to my house later and said he was on the phone to someone and it was connected to cabinet 21.

He also said 2 houses ordered 70 mb with them and showed me one of the addresses. I decided to see which house it wss and it turns out to be a childhood friend's house, but I haven't talked to him in a few years and recently his mother passed away, so it would be a bit inappropriate if I randomly started talking to him about broadband after all these years.

Anyway, I put his address in the line checker for eFiber and it said it's not in an eFiber-enabled area. So, I looked up his parents' landline number in the phone book and put it into the Eircom website. Sure enough, they can get "up to 70mb". So I tried mine and nothing - neither number or address works. I then tried other numbers and addresses from my estate - particularly ones located near my friend's house - and nothing.

So, how come one house can eFiber when it doesn't seem to be available for everyone else?

Hi Frank Garrett,

The eFibre service is subject to availability and not available to all customer's I'm afraid.  Both the address and the exchange need to be eFibre enabled for the service to work. Eircom will inform you when the service has been activated in your address and is ready to order.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check what the situation at your [font=Calibri", "sans-serif]address [/font]is?

Thanks

Tracey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Well the exchange is definitely live and I did have a guy around asking me to pre-order.

I sent you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Well the exchange is definitely live and I did have a guy around asking me to pre-order.

I sent you a PM.

Ok no problem at all.

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

I sent you a PM.
    I'd be really interested to hear what they say.  Half my estate is enabled, and now my address is in the address checker(only recently been added) but still my line is not fibre enabled

Advertisement