Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Primary School Interview

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 becm

Guys...

http://www.spd.dcu.ie/site/prospective_students/grad_dip.shtml

I don't know if it will be for everyone or just people who applied for Pats but worth a look.

Oh Jesus....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shellita

BECM did you post the wrong link?

That just points to the requirements to apply..etc.

What are you saying Oh Jesus about?

The link when I post it has

'Applicants may check their Application here

on Monday 6th January after 3:00pm.'

http://www.spd.dcu.ie/site/prospective_students/grad_dip.shtml

Maybe it's not posting correctly but it is the main page regarding the course!

ah I see, thanks ;)

Sorry for the panic, I'm just a bit panicked in general! Best of luck!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Sonshine

I went on to their web page when you mentioned it might go up there (your speculation was right haha!) I know shellita it's a crazy demand for places but I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for the Irish, really it's to know you can speak it a bit and that you understand their questions etc the most important is the English and even then it's too difficult to know what they're looking for :-(

Didn't get in :-( back to the drawing board!!!

Same!

Sorry to hear that Sonshine and becm, hope it works out for you.

Im not checking till I get home

I'll reapply for sept wave hopefully and send off my application for Hibernia in the meantime! Best of luck shellita hope you get it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

Hi everyone,
    I wasn't applying this round but just asking here since some of ye probably know! Wondering if there will be entry for the new 2 year primary course in September 2014 or not till 2015? Also wondering if it will be considered a Masters in the main colleges, as Hibernia referred to their new programme as a 'Professional Masters in Education'. At the moment the Graduate Diploma is allowable for a Back to Education grant for eligible people but wondering if this will still apply from next September onwards. (As Back to Education is usually not allowable on ordinary Masters courses, the only post-grad it is granted for are higher diplomas and this graduate diploma).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 banc

Hi, I was wondering the same as above. Is there a course starting in Septmber 2014? Also if this is a masters course is it only for those that have done primary teaching as an undergraduate or is it for all post graduates? Any information at all would be really helpful!

Didn't get in either :( very upset

It's heartbreaking isn't it shellita :,-(

To be honest I'm not sure what the story is with sept 2014 I haven't properly looked into it, I just assumed the 2014 course although 2yrs, will go ahead as normal? Sorry I can't be of anymore help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amnew

It doesnt give much information yet, only that itll be 2 years from September. They probably wont update until after this course starts. I was lucky enough to get it this year. It will be classed as a Masters though so I assume that will effect fees, but itll be good in terms of grants

yep Sonshine, but after a good cry, you just have ot get back into it.

Listening to upbeat music to try and not cry!!!
    Feck it what can we do, just try again.

Amnew, congrats on getting a place. Would you mind giving us a bit of info about what you were asked please in the 2 interviews ;)

what college did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

Hi everyone, sorry to hear most people didn't get it. It just shows how tricky it is to get in. I'm currently studying the irish for the LC now to get my c3 I'm just wondering what types of questions you were asked in both English and irish? I am interested to hear what they were asking!!

Hey, this is what I got asked:

English

Asked why I want to teach
    Why now, why not when I did my leaving cert?
    Why not secondary?
    How do you deal with stress?
    Traits and characteristics I have suitable to teaching

Irish
    Tell me about yourself
    Asked where I went to college and about the people I went to college with
    Asked why I wanted to be a teacher
    What characteristics does a teacher need
    Discipline which led to the MC use for kids misbehaving

....the competition for places is crazy though. I got my grades from the interview the other day and scored very well in both and still didn't get offered a place. Very disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amnew

I still havent gotten my results so Im unsure of how well I did in each. In my English they asked me:

Why I want to be a teacher
    Why Froebel as my first choice
    About my hobbies
    About my travelling(what i learned about myself from being away from home)
    We talked about children today, difficulties teachers face, change in society,
    how teachers constantly need to adapt
    Asked me had I any questions, I asked a couple.
    We talked about technology and how it affects children in school now

Thats all I can think of!

I had Froebel 1 Pats 2 Marino 3, and got Froebel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

Thanks for sending them on! I would love to hear from someone that did get in, just to get an understanding of how their interview went. It really seems to be at random!!!

Hey did anyone else reapply in April, I just got Froebel so so Happy ;)

Advertisement