Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem when watching DVDs on new TVDVD LED Combo. Sounds are strange.

• 10-12-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

Not sure how to describe my problem with it but here goes:

I recently purchased a 32" Cello TV/DVD Combo Model C32224F-LED and set it up over the weekend (no extra audio system or anything, just the TV).

I just bought it to watch DVDs without the need for an external DVD player but once I started watching I noticed that the sounds appeared really strange to me, it sounded like the audio was briefly muted between sentences, longer breaks between words and also low music parts, which made it sound unnatural.

I watched some tv series on DVD as well as latest films and they all have that problem, particularly if there is no continues music underlying the spoken parts and even background noise such as birds in a forest sound "hacked off".

It almost sounded as if the actors/music only came "on" when they were actually talking, sometimes the "mute" part between sentences is only a second or so but it is so obvious because in that second a background noise that was there while the talking or music was on just stopped only to come back when the talking continued. Does that make sense?

I would greatly appreciate any help with this as it really dampens the whole enjoyment of watching DVDs on this set.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you had a nosy around Audio settings somewhere in the menu?

DVD Audio could be set up for Surround Sound or something and maybe an option to change it to Stereo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

byte wrote: »
    Have you had a nosy around Audio settings somewhere in the menu?

DVD Audio could be set up for Surround Sound or something and maybe an option to change it to Stereo.

Hi, yes, I tried different settings in the audio menu but the "mute" effect between sentences did not change. I also watched the DVD's on another led tv (Walker) and it was fine, played a particular scene in which the fire can be heard in the fireplace and on the Walker tv it's as you would expect, fire noise in the background and the two individuals talking to each other. On the cello tv same scene but as soon as one of the individuals stop talking for a second it goes to a mute sound and you can't even hear the fire noise anymore until the next sentence. Sounds very unreal.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's wierd but it sounds like the audio you're hearing is specifically for Surround Sound Centre channel. Which is specifically for dialogue, with other sounds going left/right/rear.

Try another look in the menus soemwhere, to see if you can change audio to L+R only or something.

Check P36 and 37 of the manual.
    Maybe try change the audio Downmix to Stereo. or RT/LT if it's already Stereo.

http://www.celloelectronics.com/img/products/instruction/C32224F-LED%20Ver3.pdf

Advertisement