Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a....

Options
  • 10-12-2013 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just got a kenwood chef!! What should I make?! Very excited :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Congratulations! Meringue all the way, enjoy your new toy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Possibly a bit late in the evening for meringues! Tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sponge cake so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Dough hook is great for soda bread dough. Anything that involves creaming butter and sugar is now a cinch. I use mine for custardy cakes. I also bought the ice cream bowl and use it for ice cream.

Ooh is it good? I'd love to try icecream.

Ya I'm heading to tesco later for the necessities for fairy cakes, butter cream and meringue

Very excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just make anything at all. It doesn't matter what you make, you'll be standing there delighted with yourself because the machine is doing all that work for you, and doing it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd be happy to offer my services for the results testing process...

:)

endacl wrote: »
    I'd be happy to offer my services for the results testing process...

:)

Ha ha love it! I'm bringing them for my students though after their music practicals!

Just for feedback my first outing was fairy cakes which I haven't had/made in years. Turned out lovely but I discovered that I'm pretty allergic to red food colouring. Lets just say my husband and I tried them out that evening. He had no issues, I was horribly sick. Only thing I hadn't used before was the food colouring so it must have been that. And no one else was sick so it wasn't the buns. Well I'll remember the first recipe on it rofl....

Advertisement