Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blowdry / GHD Curls / Curling tongs???? Advice please!

• 10-12-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there. I have a work do coming up soon and wanted to get my hair done for it. Its very straight and so I'd love some natural looking waves put in. I had GHD curls done before and they were very pageanty looking and the hairdresser put lots of volume in so its not something I'd like again. Would anyone be able to advise me on what to book the appointment for/ what to ask for/ what things the hairdresser could do? I was thinking that curls with curling tongs would be more what I am looking for. Someone also mention a curly blowdry but I was thinking that would hardly last in my hair.
    Hope this post makes sense! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I think a loose curly blowdry might be best; in my experience they tend to last longer than just straightening and curling the hair. Granted, my hair is quite thick and would hold a style, but I find that a curly blowdry lasts longer than straightening it with a straightener. You could always ask the hairdresser to go over the waves with a tongs after :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I second a curly blow dry! My hair is fine-ish but I have lots of it and it's long. Blow dried this way gives it loads of volume with a bit of a wave without looking like you're ready for an Irish dancing feis :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I've long, thick hair and I've had curly blow dries and didn't find they don't last long on me, the curls drop and look kinda odd after a while.

I've had curls done once with a straightener and a curling tongs, the stylist used a curling tongs on the underneath hair and a straightener on the top layer of hair and it lasted for about 7-8 hours until I went to bed.

I always find it best to show the stylist a photo of the curls/waves you want. Twice I got curly blow dries and neither time showed a photo to the stylist and he gave me hair like Kate Middleton, which is lovely, but on me it looks odd and makes my hair look like a tangled mess.

Advertisement