Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost dog Portlaoise

Options
  • 10-12-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

My dog Ruby got out yesterday morning and is still missing. She is a German shepherd/lab cross, neutered, microchipped and is wearing a pink and brown collar with a purple pendant. She is white with a dirty coloured streak along the top of her back. She has been seen around the Mountmellick road

If anyone knows anything please contact me here and / or on my phone 085 1715468

Thanks
    Carmel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Candc wrote: »
    Hi,

My dog Ruby got out yesterday morning and is still missing. She is a German shepherd/lab cross, neutered, microchipped and is wearing a pink and brown collar with a purple pendant. She is white with a dirty coloured streak along the top of her back. She has been seen around the Mountmellick road

If anyone knows anything please contact me here and / or on my phone 085 1715468

Thanks
    Carmel.

Any pics of the dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Candc

Here you go thought I had done this already

Thanks

Here you go thought I had done this already

Thanks

How big is the dog? Fully grown?

She is 3 years old and medium to large

She is 3 years old and about 25kgs. Medium to large I'd say.

Bout a standard lab size?

• Advertisement

Probably yes

Probably yes

Ok I'll keep a look out I'm always driving around Portlaoise with work

Great thanks a million.

Great thanks a million.

Please keep us updated if you find her

Will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Make sure you pop her up on Lors Lost dogs on Fb and also find the Cara Rescue and LSPCA pages and put her up there.

Thanks Toulouse have her on LSPCA and Cara already, just stuck her on Lors, well messages them asking to stick her up.

Got a message saying she may be in Monasterevin, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Imported but

You'll possibly have seen already - a similar dog has been found in Palmerstown Dublin, but shorter-coated than yours. Maybe worth cross-posting to avoid mix ups?

http://www.lostdogs.ie/found-dog-on-11-dec-2013-in-palmerstown-d6024/

Best of luck hope she is home soon!

PS have you thought about maybe adverts.ie since you're already on boards?
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/pets/lost-found/633/q_Dog/sortby_best_refresh_date-desc

Any luck yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'll keep an eye over around Mountmellick in case she wandered over this way. Beautiful animal. We had a guy for 11 years, same mix. Heart and bark of a lion but a big baby mostly. Can't escape the Labrador blood :D

Hope ye are re-united in the next few days. Please do let us know. Best wishes

No update well just that she's still on he missing list. I just hope someone has taken her in and hasn't brought her to a vet or anything to get checked.

She might get back to us in the next few days.

Ruby is home - a month since she got out. Shed is very thin and a bit nervous but she had a lovely night by the fire at home with proper food and two little kids who adore her giving her get well soon cuddles. A few days of proper food, a pamper session with the groomer and she'll be right as rain.

Thanks for advice, support and anyone who was looking out for her

Carmel

Ruby is home - a month since she got out. Shed is very thin and a bit nervous but she had a lovely night by the fire at home with proper food and two little kids who adore her giving her get well soon cuddles. A few days of proper food, a pamper session with the groomer and she'll be right as rain.

Thanks for advice, support and anyone who was looking out for her

Carmel
    That's great to hear. So often it's not the case. Any idea where she was or how did you find her?

No idea where she has been. A guy from Ballyfin found her on hey he ring road behind Fairgreen. Said she came out of the fields I think and was running up and down. He dropped her into the vet in Fairgreen and then both he and they rang me.

Honestly didn't think she was coming home so it's lovely. I have booked her in for a groom on Saturday and hopefully she will have put some weight on by then. She's sat under me right now happy as Larry. Tail wagging and just content to be home I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭hibble

Very pleased that this story had a happy ending. Great news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Brilliant news, well done for not giving up!

Advertisement