Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Mechanic near Carrickines or Kilmainham

Options
  • 10-12-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I live in Kilmainham and work in Carrickmines. My car failed the NCT on a worn steering rod and I also need to replace two back wheels and bring it for a good service.

Would anyone be able to recommend a good spot near either Kilmainham or Carrickmines.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

C&G Motors in Inchicore (5 min walk from Kilmainham)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

David Roe on Ballychorus Road is only 5 mins drive from Carrickmines, very good mechanic

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

frash wrote: »
    C&G Motors in Inchicore (5 min walk from Kilmainham)

Have you dealt with C&G in the past?
    I'm looking for a mechanic around Inchicore myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

I ended up going here and they seemed fine. Need to go for NCT next week so will know for sure then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Everywhere seems busy so I'm bringing the car to Gabriel Bush in Inchicore.
    Couldn't find any info online, but another mechanic recommended him and he seemed sound on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

RichyX wrote: »
    Have you dealt with C&G in the past?
    I'm looking for a mechanic around Inchicore myself.

Sorry haven't been on this thread in a while.
    Yes I've used him for years.

I see you went with Gabriel Bush - it may well be the same place as that's what the G in C&G stands for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

uch wrote: »
    David Roe on Ballychorus Road is only 5 mins drive from Carrickmines, very good mechanic

Heard at the weekend that David Roe has retired, there's someone else in the Workshop he used to be in but no idea who.

21/25

Advertisement