Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clutch UK/Ireland Tour 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Great gig!

On the way out I met some members of Lionize and they said they are playing the venue, Sin É, later tonight, Saturday night, around midnight.

here is the setlist, I got a photo of it, of one of the sheets that some lads managed to get from the stage at the end of the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Fantastic gig, the guys really delivered and it was just a pleasure to watch them at work. JP has to be the best drummer working these days, he just makes it look effortless. Neil owns the stage from the second he steps on.

The new stuff sounds even better live than on record to my ears, it was all great but I really enjoyed DC Sound Attack live. Spacegrass was an unexpected treat alright and overall I think they delivered a killer, well-rounded set. Neil mentioned that they hadn't been here in a while, but the set really had something for everyone with a good spread of older material. But with a current album as strong as Earth Rocker you can't lose anyway!

Nice to see that setlist photo. We got One Eye Dollar as well, in the encore if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Thought they rocked last night, i suspect they'll pencil in both shows again next time around. Thought Neil's vocals were a bit low in the mix from where i was. Superb gig though. Seems to be ireland's premier venue for hard rock/metal gigs these days. Great staff working there. Poor selection of t shirts & sizes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Lionize are playing again in Sin É tonight if anyone's interested.

Brilliant gig!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would nearly be tempted to go see Lionize tonight since i missed them last night

• Advertisement

Would nearly be tempted to go see Lionize tonight since i missed them last night

They were brilliant. I knew nothing about them going in. Really tempted to go in again, but its at midnight, and I'm hungover to bits. Highly recommended though, if you like clutch you'll love them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They were brilliant. I knew nothing about them going in. Really tempted to go in again, but its at midnight, and I'm hungover to bits. Highly recommended though, if you like clutch you'll love them.

Yea ive heard great reviews about them from last night , but chances are slim of me going especially it at 12 tonight :( Maybe we might get a headline tour in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

edhead wrote: »
    Thought they rocked last night, i suspect they'll pencil in both shows again next time around. Thought Neil's vocals were a bit low in the mix from where i was. Superb gig though. Seems to be ireland's premier venue for hard rock/metal gigs these days. Great staff working there. Poor selection of t shirts & sizes too.

Those were the only minor complaints I would have. I thought Neil's voice could have been clearer in the mix (and as I said, I was at the sound desk, so I presume the guy was hearing the same thing I was) and the t-shirts weren't great, but I suppose with it being the last date of the tour, that was to be expected.

I did pick up the Earth Rocker double pic disc and a shirt anyway. :D The live versions of Earth Rocker should be great!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Excellent gig.....loads of energy, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Pure rock fury at its best! Solid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just letting you guys know that a tout named Graham outside the gig on Friday did a real scumbag act. A guy had agreed to buy a spare ticket from a fan for 20 euro. He handed over the cash to the seller and Graham snatched the ticket from the seller proclaiming that you the buyer was too slow. He was planning to sell the ticket for 80 euro.Graham was wearing jeans, a red jacket, a cap and glasses. This is already mentioned on Academy Facebook page. So please keep an eye out for him and avoid him.

On a brighter note the gig was immense and boy did they rock loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Just letting you guys know that a tout named Graham outside the gig on Friday did a real scumbag act. A guy had agreed to buy a spare ticket from a fan for 20 euro. He handed over the cash to the seller and Graham snatched the ticket from the seller proclaiming that you the buyer was too slow. He was planning to sell the ticket for 80 euro.Graham was wearing jeans, a red jacket, a cap and glasses. This is already mentioned on Academy Facebook page. So please keep an eye out for him and avoid him.

I think id recognise the Guy, he is at all gigs. Ive reluctantly had to buy from him once, wouldnt mind thumping him tbh, especially after that.

here is Lionize's setlist from Sin É

I liked that at the start of one of their songs they played the riff of Deep Purple's Love Child, I thought that was a nice touch!

and I think later on they played the intro to Whilte Room by Cream?

Did you decide to go to the gig in Sin É? I thought they were really good.

skimpydoo wrote: »

Why didn't the seller of the spare ticket take the ticket back from the tout, in order to sell it to the genuine fan as had been agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

So a tout grabbed somebody else's ticket out of their hand as they were selling it?! Is that really what happened?

Did you decide to go to the gig in Sin É? I thought they were really good.

Nah I left it, think I was tucked up in bed by that time! Would have definitely gone if they were on earlier. They really made a fan out of me.

Nah I left it, think I was tucked up in bed by that time! Would have definitely gone if they were on earlier. They really made a fan out of me.

Hopefully they'll be back sometime. When I met Chris, the keyboard player afterwards in the Academy he was saying they decided to stay an extra day in Dublin and then the Sin É gig got arranged.

I wouldn't have known about it, only I waited around afterwards and met Nathan, the singer, near the merchandise stall and he mentioned it.

Advertisement