Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand: 'Delivery Date Unknown'

• 10-12-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all, I am building a PC for Christmas.

I ordered it on 3rd of December, last week.
    Right now, all my parts are in stock, bar the optical drive 'ASUS DRW-24F1ST (Bulk) Silent' is still on 'delivery date unknown'.

It has been like that for the last few weeks.
    I have no idea when they will get it in, it is now 1 week since I ordered my PC, my friends and family who have ordered of this site have received their articals in less than 7 days, even with parts not in stock.

I am wondering, does anyone know how long it takes for the part to get in.
    Or if you have any better optical drives to suggest. I was looking at this one, the exact same but only it comes in a box :/ for €4 more.
    Is there any way I could 'switch' out parts?

I do not have an account, I ordered as a guest:)
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 whos_dan

I had a similar thing recently. When I ordered 3 things were 'delivery date unknown' but to my surprise, the goods were dispatched this afternoon and I ordered on Friday, but the items are still 'delivery date unknown'. Although I noticed that optical drive has been on the homepage for a few weeks and it has not once been in stock.

I remember reading on a thread that someone swapped out a part that was discontinued so I think it can be done yes :) you might have a hard time getting in contact with Hardwareversand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Wossack

They don't respond to emails, so phone call is your best bet really.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ricochet_Chloe

UPDATE: More parts are now on 'delivery date unknown
    I am really worried. I really need it for Christmas.

Here's what is out of stock:

Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower
    ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6, FM2, ATX
    ASUS DRW-24F1ST (Bulk) Silent
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W

And the moniter is 'ready for dispatch from 12-13-2013'

Thank you. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

UPDATE: More parts are now on 'delivery date unknown
    I am really worried. I really need it for Christmas.

Here's what is out of stock:

Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower
    ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6, FM2, ATX
    ASUS DRW-24F1ST (Bulk) Silent
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W

And the moniter is 'ready for dispatch from 12-13-2013'

Thank you. Any suggestions?

The rest of the parts should already be reserved for you so that they are now out of stock shouldn't be an issue. All you can do is get on the phone and pestering them about the swapping the DVD.

As above - I was in a similar position, with one item going out of stock as soon as I'd finished doing the bank transfer.

In the time it took for that one item to come back in, 4 others had gone out.. was beginning to worry (put it mildly hah). But as soon as the initial item had come back in, the order was dispatched. Items are put aside once your account is credited it seems..! It would be nice to have that shown (somehow) in the account / order page though

• Advertisement

quote="marco_polo;87949503"]The rest of the parts should already be reserved for you so that they are now out of stock shouldn't be an issue. All you can do is get on the phone and pestering them about the swapping the DVD.[/quote]

Thank you, I think that is the way they are.

Right now, my info is like this:
    2013-12-03 at 23:38 | online order
    2013-12-04 at 00:09 | Your payment conclusion via PayPal was confirmed by us.

No new updates so far, could anyone tell me how long it takes for them to get 1 part in stock? I sent them an email, and one came back saying - Dear customer, your email will be answered as soon as possible.

quote="marco_polo;87949503"]The rest of the parts should already be reserved for you so that they are now out of stock shouldn't be an issue. All you can do is get on the phone and pestering them about the swapping the DVD.[/quote]

Thank you, I think that is the way they are.

Right now, my info is like this:
    2013-12-03 at 23:38 | online order
    2013-12-04 at 00:09 | Your payment conclusion via PayPal was confirmed by us.

No new updates so far, could anyone tell me how long it takes for them to get 1 part in stock? I sent them an email, and one came back saying - Dear customer, your email will be answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for all your help. I just called and they were very helpful. I switched the drive and they were not at all concerning.

The moniter will be in stock in 2 days time, and Ill have it by next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fmcco

Chloe et al.,
    For future reference...I had a similar issue recently where I ordered a load of gear from HWVS and somehow between me sticking something in the basket and placing the order it went out of stock...2 weeks later I was sweating over it. Emails went unanswered as per earlier posts, and I have to admit I baulked at the idea of ringing Germany (I'm pretty scabby as regards phone bills). But then I found that if you log in to your HMVS account, and go to the Service tab, there is a "Call-back service" link. You can fill in your number and a description of your problem. I wasn't expecting it but a few hours later a very pleasant fella called Alexander rang me and we sorted out a component substitution and partial refund there and then. The whole order shipped out of HMVS within a few hours after. Hope this helps...

Good shout that ^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm probably missing something but I just placed an order and could not see an option for paying via PayPal, so my order confirmation screen is showing it as prepayment by cash. Is there anything I can do to pay it via PayPal at this stage? If I ask for a callback will they be able to speak English?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fmcco

I'm not sure about the PayPal thing...I ordered >€800 worth of stuff and my options were money transfer or PayPal. I know they won't take a credit card for >€500 for new customers.
    I'd say if you request the callback "auf Englisch" they will get someone who speaks English to call you back. I've seen posts here where people have called the customer service line and gotten someone with no English, so at least saves you that chance.

I'm probably missing something but I just placed an order and could not see an option for paying via PayPal, so my order confirmation screen is showing it as prepayment by cash. Is there anything I can do to pay it via PayPal at this stage? If I ask for a callback will they be able to speak English?

The lad who answered my call was able to speak pretty good English, he understood everything and also answered all my emails.
    Very helpful customer service. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks folks. Rang them and the guy spoke English. Cancelled my first order as it had a different delivery address to the invoice address, and they don't accept PayPal in such cases.

Replaced the order with same delivery and invoice address and was then shown PayPal as a payment option. All good now, got an email saying payment has been received, so hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas (everything is in stock).

Advertisement