Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Theft

Options
  • 10-12-2013 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

I was in Xtra-vision on the Dunmore Road at roughly 17:30; I left my bike (a black 23 inch Trek hybrid) outside. When I came out - no more than a minute later- it was gone. The incident has been reported and the CCTV footage is being analysed.

If you hear/read of a bike fitting the above description being offered for sale, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Leopardi wrote: »
    I was in Xtra-vision on the Dunmore Road at roughly 17:30; I left my bike (a black 23 inch Trek hybrid) outside. When I came out - no more than a minute later- it was gone. The incident has been reported and the CCTV footage is being analysed.

If you hear/read of a bike fitting the above description being offered for sale, please let me know.

Scumbags, hope you get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

That sucks mate, hoping all works out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Cheers for the supportive replies, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Keep an eye on DoneDeal - thats where they usually go with these kind of things.

Keep an eye on DoneDeal - thats where they usually go with these kind of things.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be checking such sites obsessively.

• Advertisement

Il keep an eye out there for you. Wouldn't be any harm in posting a picture of it if you have it.
    It happened a mate of mine and he seen them on DoneDeal - Set up a little sting operation :D

Il keep an eye out there for you. Wouldn't be any harm in posting a picture of it if you have it.
    It happened a mate of mine and he seen them on DoneDeal - Set up a little sting operation :D

I'll upload a photo as soon as possible. Excellent - I assume he managed to get it back . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I hope you get it back.

Unfortunately most bikes that are stolen are taken out of the county within a matter of hours.

I'll upload a photo as soon as possible. Excellent - I assume he managed to get it back . . .

I know a few people that managed to get stolen property back this way - keep the faith :D

deisemum wrote: »
    I hope you get it back.

Unfortunately most bikes that are stolen are taken out of the county within a matter of hours.

I know. Sadly, I'm genuinely fearing the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dodgy area, hope you get it back

kryogen wrote: »

Cheers for that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Invest in and remember to use a good lock in future and always remember to lock the frame and back wheel (front if you can manage it too) to something secure, also get rid of all quick releases from the bike,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Such a busy area at that time as well between traffic backed up from roundabout and Tuesday special in Humdingers.
    Someone would have seen it happen for sure, it might twig with someone as the likelyhood is that the person would be local and opportunistic. Unlikey to have helmet or reflective gear on either so might have drawn attention to him/herself!

Thanks for the latest replies, lads. Yes, the volume of traffic was as high as ever. There was plenty of people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

kryogen wrote: »
    Seriously? Not a dodgy area in the slightest. Real bad luck this is. Look forward to the post that says the bike was re attained!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

kuang1 wrote: »
    Seriously? Not a dodgy area in the slightest. Real bad luck this is. Look forward to the post that says the bike was re attained!

I think he meant trying to track your bike back on DoneDeal etc was a dodgy area... I think :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kuang1 wrote: »

It is tbf, there is a serious scummy element out that way these days, and the younger generation coming along is going to be worse. Deal with them a lot.

Most of the people out that way are grand of course, its not the kind of area you can leave your bike outside a shop without it being securely locked up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Cheers for the links. Ordinarily I was very careful with the bike. A moment of reckless stupidity, coupled with assumptions about rush hour on one of the busiest roads in Waterford and a fleeting visit to Xtra-vision, has led to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Sorry for your loss. Have you a photo available?

trekky.png

beazee wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss. Have you a photo available?

Thanks for that. Given that I'm 6-foot-5, the frame is quite large, so that is another relatively distinctive feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

Do you have the serial no from the frame? you'll need that to prove you own it if you find it. If their was a dispute over ownership etc....Check the cop station too, might show up there. I hope you get it back.

backtobass wrote: »
    Do you have the serial no from the frame? you'll need that to prove you own it if you find it. If their was a dispute over ownership etc....Check the cop station too, might show up there. I hope you get it back.

Yes, I have the serial number and all original documentation. Staff at local bike shops are convinced that the size of the frame makes the bike very distinctive.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

very good, if I were you, I would do regular drives around the area, who ever took it may keep it locked away for awhile before resurfacing with it. I had a bike robbed few years ago outside WSC and I got it back this way, as well as all the other advice you got.

backtobass wrote: »
    very good, if I were you, I would do regular drives around the area, who ever took it may keep it locked away for awhile before resurfacing with it. I had a bike robbed few years ago outside WSC and I got it back this way, as well as all the other advice you got.

Cheers for the advice. Yes, I'll be monitoring the area closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

Had mine stolen recently. Lot of pricks about

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

deisemum wrote: »
    I hope you get it back.

Pushbikes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement