Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring dreams that make me anxious

• 10-12-2013 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been having 2 recurring dreams that have left me waking up extremely anxious and in a panicked state. I have been under a bit of stress both personally and work/study wise, so they could contribute to it.

One dream involves me being caught having an affair with a married man. I am pregnant in the dream and both he and his wife (i can never see their faces) push me down the stairs and chastise me as being a whore. Im not having an affair with anyone, i never would and im currently not pregnant.

The other dream involves being contacted by a friend saying i have been very distant but then turns very nasty very quickly.

I have no idea what these dreams mean. I dont know if they mean anything or else it could just be stress at me. I am waking up in a panicked and anxious state after them.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dutchraptor

Definitely just stress. Almost everyone going through a stressful time will have some form of recurring nightmare.
    Nothing will help except for reducing your stress levels. Meditation and yoga help a lot of people in these cases.

The dreams you are having are of no value in terms of interpretation, purely stress induced. The bad part here is that it's a cycle, the stress is a catalyst to the nightmares, making them prominent but also more likely to occur again. Especially if you think they mean something.

Being stressed tends to put the worst ideas in your mind during dreams. Find some ways to relieve that stress :)

Advertisement