Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Cards

Options
  • 10-12-2013 11:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have at it lads, Broncos Adrian is not back til Thursday and he's currently on AP.. please do not play the CPU.

Other than that lads get them done asap!

Patriots @ Texans
    Broncos @ Bengals

Packers @ Seahawks
    Bears @ Buccs

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Also lads, the patch that you will download switches injuries on.
    AFAIK injuries are still set to "on" in the game settings, this means you may get injuries in the play off games, just something to be aware of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

YES! Made the playoffs! To face the team I could have managed. I can play all day on Friday or maybe Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So its official, i missed out.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »
    YES! Made the playoffs! To face the team I could have managed. I can play all day on Friday or maybe Thursday evening.

I can only do evenings, can do either Thursday @8pm or Friday!

Sure will be like old times cards and 49ers style!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I can only do evenings, can do either Thursday @8pm or Friday!

Sure will be like old times cards and 49ers style!

Thursday at nine any good?

Like old times only maybe you lose this time:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep.. im not on XBL but it probably came down to strength of schedule, which is nothing you have control over

Next year Rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Hard luck mate!! Tough one to swallow!!

Texans im available 2moro after 7pm
    Friday could do 3 till 5.
    Saturday is a no go and Sunday would have to be after 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

guns4all wrote: »
    Texans im available 2moro after 7pm
    Friday could do 3 till 5.
    Saturday is a no go and Sunday would have to be after 3

7:30pm tomorrow it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hard luck mate!! Tough one to swallow!!

I blame Gilberto. I'll get over it......eventually.

• Advertisement

Should be ok will know tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Buccs when are you about? Tonight is the best for me, i think. Probably after the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Bengals, I could do tonight if you're able. Otherwise it might have to be Sunday.

PM me as well as post here and I'll get back to you asap.

Empacher. Would 20 min suit?

I will be around to start anytime before 3 (for about 30 min I will be having lunch but I am sure we can work with that).

Bears go through! Game was very tight. Blow for blow. Bears did manage to get the buccs to 4 and 2 in their own half when they were down by 7 in the third. Buccs decided to go for it as they couldn't stop the bears offence and couldn't afford to go 14 down. The decision paid off and the drive ended up levelling the teams yet again.

With 5 min left in the game the scored were level 28 all. Bears are moving it efficiently on the ground working the clock but game changer forte fumbles in his own half.

The buccs manage to run the clock down, bears use up all their TOs. Buccs are down to the bears 5 years line, 1.47 on the clock. 3rd and 2. Stopped by the bears d and elect to play it safe and kick the field goal.

With 1.38 on the clock and no timeouts the bears manage to score with a lot of Good passes, a few runs and spiked balls. Leaving the buccs with 11 second and one hail Mary which doesn't pay off. 34-31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Raoul wrote: »
    Bears go through! Game was very tight. Blow for blow. Bears did manage to get the buccs to 4 and 2 in their own half when they were down by 7 in the third. Buccs decided to go for it as they couldn't stop the bears offence and couldn't afford to go 14 down. The decision paid off and the drive ended up levelling the teams yet again.

With 5 min left in the game the scored were level 28 all. Bears are moving it efficiently on the ground working the clock but game changer forte fumbles in his own half.

The buccs manage to run the clock down, bears use up all their TOs. Buccs are down to the bears 5 years line, 1.47 on the clock. 3rd and 2. Stopped by the bears d and elect to play it safe and kick the field goal.

With 1.38 on the clock and no timeouts the bears manage to score with a lot of Good passes, a few runs and spiked balls. Leaving the buccs with 11 second and one hail Mary which doesn't pay off. 34-31

Great game Eamon. Some brilliant offensive plays from both of us. Some funny stats. 388 yards offence to you, 387. I reckon if I got that 1 yard and it had being 4th and 1 I would have gone for it :rolleyes:

Best of luck in the playoffs. I'm off to practise mood to try and achieve that lockdown defence I had in last years game

Should be good for 9 mate!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals, I could do tonight if you're able. Otherwise it might have to be Sunday.

PM me as well as post here and I'll get back to you asap.

I'm not sure I'm in any fit state to play a game tonight. Let me know what time Sunday suits you?

Patriots do the double on the Texans as they beat them 58-36.

Crazy game to be honest, Schaub went into full meltdown mode as he tossed 8 INTs, there was 2 kickoff returns, 2 fumbles by Ridley and any number of big plays.

Some stats:

Rush: Pats 261/Texans 164
    Pass: Pats 253/Texans 224

Brady: QBR 130.7 18/24 with 4 TDs and 1 INT
    Schaub: QBR 65.4 18/31 with 2 TDs and 8 INTs

Ridley scored another 3 Tds and Foster 2.

Patriots defence came up big with 3 sacks and 2 picks a piece from Talib, Wilson and Arrington.

Only bad thing was the lose of Jerod Mayo to a partial ligament tear which rules him out for the rest of the post season. (time to check out the depth chart and free agents!!)

Good game snipping, i managed to keep Johnson quiet but couldnt stop Pats old boy Brandon Lloyd from tearing up the field. Think you just had a bad day and I managed to get my secondary to step up big time.

On to the divisonals and a meeting with Berty (i think)!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Patriots do the double on the Texans as they beat them 58-36.

Crazy game to be honest, Schaub went into full meltdown mode as he tossed 8 INTs, there was 2 kickoff returns, 2 fumbles by Ridley and any number of big plays.

Some stats:

Rush: Pats 261/Texans 164
    Pass: Pats 253/Texans 224

Brady: QBR 130.7 18/24 with 4 TDs and 1 INT
    Schaub: QBR 65.4 18/31 with 2 TDs and 8 INTs

Ridley scored another 3 Tds and Foster 2.

Patriots defence came up big with 3 sacks and 2 picks a piece from Talib, Wilson and Arrington.

Only bad thing was the lose of Jerod Mayo to a partial ligament tear which rules him out for the rest of the post season. (time to check out the depth chart and free agents!!)

Good game snipping, i managed to keep Johnson quiet but couldnt stop Pats old boy Brandon Lloyd from tearing up the field. Think you just had a bad day and I managed to get my secondary to step up big time.

On to the divisonals and a meeting with Berty (i think)!!
    Congrats Guns,hard luck snipe

I think you might be playing me next,I think the highest seeded team plays the lowest seeded team that comes out of the wildcard playoffs

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Congrats Guns,hard luck snipe

I think you might be playing me next,I think the highest seeded team plays the lowest seeded team that comes out of the wildcard playoffs

Indeed that is what happens.,.

fcuk sake,how come Schaub never throws 8 ints against me!!!

Can anyone stick up the potential match ups? I need to get to work on scouting my opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    Can anyone stick up the potential match ups? I need to get to work on scouting my opposition.

I have Bears or Seahawks, I can't get the Packers. Cowboys will get Bears or Packers if they win.

Time to start scouting the Chiefs so. I see a Mr. Kenny Britt had over 2,000 yards receiving this season so have to shut him down!

Nelbert wrote: »
    I have Bears or Seahawks, I can't get the Packers. Cowboys will get Bears or Packers if they win.

So...basically the two teams that have beaten me most recently. Great.....:o

Seahawks beat the packers 48-38

This was a very tight game right to the very end where Seahawks where only ahead by 3 when Rodgers threw his 2nd interception late in the forth then Seahawks made it 10 point lead, packers drove the field again and in the Redzone inside the 2 min Sherman picked off Rodgers again, Seahawks kneeled it out.

The 3 interceptions were really the game changers, unlucky Ali- great game
    Lacy is a beast

Packers are out, 48-38 to the Seahawks. Exciting game with a couple of big stops by Greenbay keeping them in with a shout but a couple of interceptions on drives that would have probably sealed the win cost me. Was three behind and driving for the touchdown with four minutes on the clock and threw just a tad early and Sherman picked Rodgers. Still nearly had a kick return with 1.30 to go :D I'd say I near gave the hawks GM a heart attack.
    Great chatting throughout and a very sporting match up. I think injuries should have been turned off till next season as I nearly lost Rodgers in the second Qtr!

I don't have the stats but Rodgers went from 200yrds and a 79% record to a rating of 59 so that was where I lost this one.

Good Luck Hawks.....knew I should have picked them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I agree with Ali I thought they'd be turned off for consistency within the season but can understand if people have lost players in the wild cards that it mightn't be an option.

All of the PFL leagues switched them back on once the update was downloaded, we never switched them off that was EA, anyway injuries make things more interesting!

• Advertisement

All of the PFL leagues switched them back on once the update was downloaded, we never switched them off that was EA, anyway injuries make things more interesting!

Exactly. The injuries should have been on all season! So...if you get one of your players injured (hopefully AP and Demarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch) then its tough luck. But its realistic.

Advertisement