Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »
    Packers are out, 48-38 to the Seahawks. Exciting game with a couple of big stops by Greenbay keeping them in with a shout but a couple of interceptions on drives that would have probably sealed the win cost me. Was three behind and driving for the touchdown with four minutes on the clock and threw just a tad early and Sherman picked Rodgers. Still nearly had a kick return with 1.30 to go :D I'd say I near gave the hawks GM a heart attack.
    Great chatting throughout and a very sporting match up. I think injuries should have been turned off till next season as I nearly lost Rodgers in the second Qtr!

I don't have the stats but Rodgers went from 200yrds and a 79% record to a rating of 59 so that was where I lost this one.

Good Luck Hawks.....knew I should have picked them :rolleyes:

Rodgers was 15/23 for 332 3 int
    Wilson was 9/14 for 268 1 int

Lacy rushed 19 attempts for 122
    Lynch rushed 16 times for 149
    Rodgers ran 3 times for 27 nearly getting killed on one where he got injured while Wilson ran 6 times for 71!

Yeah we found out the hard way injuries are back on, Percy harvin also had a scare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Rodgers was 15/23 for 332 3 int
    Wilson was 9/14 for 268 1 int

Lacy rushed 19 attempts for 122
    Lynch rushed 16 times for 149
    Rodgers ran 3 times for 27 nearly getting killed on one where he got injured while Wilson ran 6 times for 71!

Yeah we found out the hard way injuries are back on, Percy harvin also had a scare!

I swear his eye was hanging out but fair play he got up and got on with it....but you would always have had Golden Tate lol:p

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm in any fit state to play a game tonight. Let me know what time Sunday suits you?

Let you know tomorrow.

I'm not sure I'm in any fit state to play a game tonight. Let me know what time Sunday suits you?

Change of availability. Can actually play any time this evening from half6. I'd recommend it too...I'm fairly hungover. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Would be great if you's could play this evening.... This feels like the longest bye week of all time! Will it auto advance once all games are played?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nelbert wrote: »
    Would be great if you's could play this evening.... This feels like the longest bye week of all time! Will it auto advance once all games are played?

Nope, but once someone lets me know i can advance, am heading out tonight around 8 so wont be able to do it after that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Change of availability. Can actually play any time this evening from half6. I'd recommend it too...I'm fairly hungover. :)

Cool, I'll play right after the Leinster game, around 8 or so?

Cool, I'll play right after the Leinster game, around 8 or so?

Sure that's only perfect.

Spoiler alert - rugby is crap!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's a damnsight more enjoyable than this version of Madden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Adrian now has the power so will advance once the final wildcard is done and now im off on the beer :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Adrian now has the power so will advance once the final wildcard is done and now im off on the beer :D
    Sweet,well I'm around tonight Guns if ya wanna play

Think I'm due to play the Hawks.

You around Padraic???

Week is advanced, Heli is commish again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Who made it through?

Broncos. OT win. I'll let him post up the report.

Overtime FG completes the Broncos' great escape!
    Bengals win the toss and chew up plenty of the clock on a long td drive. A perfect start. A poor 3 and out from Mannings' Manchildren gave the ball straight back to Dalton's Darlings. Slow and steady up the field until a FF in the Redzone looks to change the momentum.

And it does. For a minute or two. A sloppy int (one of two on the day) allows the Bengals a chance to go two scores up.

Damn. Not how the Broncos planned it. The coach was questioning his late night excursions at this point. Pam Oliver on the sidelines was unimpressed with his "puffy eyes" and "worldly contempt".

Eyes were rolling...but so were socks goshdarnedit! Rolling up, that is! Hoho!

Broncos get a score back. Spread offence is starting to click. Bengals score again. A kickoff return. Oh ffs....

21-7 at the half. If I could even get a two minute drive opportunity to win I'd have been happy at this point. Still, score with the first possession so only the 7 in it.

Bengals score again. C'mon guys!

Broncos score. Yes, it's both back AND forth!

Defence then forces the punt!

Manning int. Ah here...

Little fuzzy here...

Basically we get to a point where a Bengals FG puts them 10 points up with 40 odd seconds left and no timeouts remaining...And then...

THE CINNCINATI SORCERY

Quick drive from the 23 gets the td. 15 seconds left.

Onside kick...recovered. A big play up the sideline to Decker. But he can't get out of bounds. 36 yards out and 9 seconds on the clock as Manning snaps and throws a 6 yard out route to D.Thomas. 3seconds left as Prater kicks us into overtime.

As Mr.T would say "Absoludicus"!

Bengals win the toss. Daltons drops back in the pocket, looking for his main man T.Eifert. INTERCEPTION and big return from Inhencho sets up the chip kick to win it 34-31.

Very proud owner of my fine Equine troopers. Tough way to lose a playoff game, Bengals.

A sightseeing trip to New York awaits. Wes Welker hopes to catch Orlando Bloom in Romeo and Juliet on Broadway.

But Peyton Manning is playing Henry V. Once more unto the breach...

Advertisement